Did Reason Studios hire Erik (Ekks) to do graphics?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
challism

06 Mar 2022

Giving him a mention in the "additional graphic design" make it appear like they did. Smart move; his GUI is excellent.
Perhaps this is just credit for his work on any RS/Robotic Bean collaborations. If they haven't hired him, even as a free lance contributor, they really should think about it.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (55.65 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

arnigretar

06 Mar 2022

jesuspark (Thomas Merkle) did the Subtractor gui back in the day along with more work on v1.0 :) Under bitplant alias https://www.bitplant.com/ - his brother was there as well. I think Thomas was only free lance contributor. He also made the best looking Mods in ReBirth! :puf_bigsmile: Maybe those "additional graphic design" part is acknowledging people who have worked on the gui for Reason. But I agree with you - it would be a smart move to have a person like Erik in the Reason team.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Steedus
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2022

He did some of the better looking hi res updates like Redrum.

Greg Savage

06 Mar 2022

I'm not too familiar with his work (as a user) but I do like his GUIs. This would be a good addition to the team.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

QVprod

06 Mar 2022

Given where he’s listed (Additional), may just be credit for contribution for freelance work. I believe I’m listed under additional sound design (or something along those lines) along with the various others who’ve contributed to the FSB. I’m assuming it’s a similar deal.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2022

Erik's designs are incredible: great balance between aesthetics and functionality and understandability. The visual effects of wear and aging are perfectly balanced and the choice of typefaces is (almost always) philogically and historically perfectly suited. I know that Erik, in addition to taking care of the transition to hi-res of some devices, has also contributed to the design of some of them (he is mentioned as a GUI deisgner in the back of Processed Pianos, for example). Erik's sensitivity and skeuomorphic mastery are evident: I believe that RS has all the advantages of collaborating with him even more frequently.

A friend of mine, who works at microsoft and has seen more softwares than people, says that Reason is the only skeuomrphic UI in the software landscape that not only doesn't look ridiculous but adds value and functionality. I hope RS stays on the right track and Erik can get on this train :)

Loque

07 Mar 2022

He did at least Synchronous:
https://work.eriksoderberg.se/
Reason12, Win10

Hoboys

07 Mar 2022

About damn time, if they did.

ekss
RE Developer

09 Mar 2022

Thanks for the kind words on my work!
I did some of the HD graphics;
Thor, Redrum, DrOctoRex, Kong, miscellaneous knobs and parts, Hardware interface, Mixer and other bits and pieces. I wanted it to feel as close as the original as possible, just more high res.
Previously I’ve worked with them in synchronous and processed pianos and the Take app. I hope to do more work with RS in the future as a freelancer, absolutely love doing RE-graphics!
Currently I continue to work on new REs as Ekssperimental Sounds, next up is the HexaTone synth :)
Last edited by ekss on 10 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

09 Mar 2022

ekss wrote:
09 Mar 2022
Currently I continue to work on new REs as Ekssperimental Sounds, next up is the HexaTone synth :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ProfessaKaos

12 Mar 2022

ekss wrote:
09 Mar 2022
Thanks for the kind words on my work!
I did some of the HD graphics;
Thor, Redrum, DrOctoRex, Kong, miscellaneous knobs and parts, Hardware interface, Mixer and other bits and pieces. I wanted it to feel as close as the original as possible, just more high res.
Previously I’ve worked with them in synchronous and processed pianos and the Take app. I hope to do more work with RS in the future as a freelancer, absolutely love doing RE-graphics!
Your skills are very much appreciated.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

• Information