Reason Rack Standalone

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tony10000

02 Mar 2022

I think that Reason Studios are making a huge mistake by not offering the Reason Rack as a standalone product instead of requiring purchase of a monthly subscription.

They are doing a disservice to their developers as well as limiting their own success in the marketplace.

With the coming demise of the VST2 plugin format, the Reason Rack would provide a very competitive platform for plug-in and effect development.

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2022

You don't need a subscription. Reason 11 and onwards gives you RRP.

chaosroyale

02 Mar 2022

tony10000 wrote:
02 Mar 2022

With the coming demise of the VST2 plugin format, the Reason Rack would provide a very competitive platform for plug-in and effect development.
No it would not. Nobody is going to develop for RE. It would be like developing mobile apps for Blackberry instead of Android. That ship sailed long ago. Everyone has moved/will move to VST3. Reason is its own little niche ecosystem, and it will gradually fade away in the face of more plentiful, more advanced, and cheaper competition, unless they make some radical changes.

visheshl

02 Mar 2022

chaosroyale wrote:
02 Mar 2022
tony10000 wrote:
02 Mar 2022

No it would not. Nobody is going to develop for RE. It would be like developing mobile apps for Blackberry instead of Android. That ship sailed long ago. Everyone has moved/will move to VST3. Reason is its own little niche ecosystem, and it will gradually fade away in the face of more plentiful, more advanced, and cheaper competition, unless they make some radical changes.
I think with RRP, REs are not going anywhere too soon. Many people have moved to other daws, but they have a significant investment in reason products. I personally like REs much more than vsts, a lot of stuff in the vst world is just garbage.
If they hadn't come up with RRP, Then their ecosystem wouldn't have survived.
But RRP has breathed new life into the system.
Many people now prefer to use RRP as a vst and REs as plugins inside RRP.
It's a much stable system than using seperate Vsts for everything.

tony10000

02 Mar 2022

avasopht wrote:
02 Mar 2022
Reason 12 is $500. Better to offer something like Reason Rack for $99 (essentially Reason Into sans the DAW) and attract some new users to the platform.

Creativemind

03 Mar 2022

tony10000 wrote:
02 Mar 2022
avasopht wrote:
02 Mar 2022
Reason 12 is $500. Better to offer something like Reason Rack for $99 (essentially Reason Into sans the DAW) and attract some new users to the platform.
Yeah you don't need to subscribe to get the RRP, it comes with the full price purchase of Reason standalone but agreed, if you just wanted the RRP to use in another daw, it is costly. Would be nice to buy it on it's own but $99 seems very cheap.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

huggermugger

04 Mar 2022

tony10000 wrote:
02 Mar 2022
I think that Reason Studios are making a huge mistake by not offering the Reason Rack as a standalone product instead of requiring purchase of a monthly subscription.

They are doing a disservice to their developers as well as limiting their own success in the marketplace.

Give it time. I think that's exactly where they're headed. They've pretty well abandoned the standalone; the only improvements we see anymore are centered on the rack. They've fallen so far behind, they can't even keep up with their own "roadmap", let alone industry standards for a DAW. I think the best we can hope for now is that they get R12 out of Beta before they stop supporting the standalone.

zoidkirb

04 Mar 2022

huggermugger wrote:
04 Mar 2022
tony10000 wrote:
02 Mar 2022

Give it time. I think that's exactly where they're headed. They've pretty well abandoned the standalone; the only improvements we see anymore are centered on the rack. They've fallen so far behind, they can't even keep up with their own "roadmap", let alone industry standards for a DAW. I think the best we can hope for now is that they get R12 out of Beta before they stop supporting the standalone.
Don't worry, the RRP is equally abandoned as the DAW. More actually. It didn't even get all the Combi 2 changes.

gullum

04 Mar 2022

huggermugger wrote:
04 Mar 2022
They've fallen so far behind, they can't even keep up with their own "roadmap", let alone industry standards for a DAW.
What is industry standard for DAW's ? getting data into the DAW and get sound out is the only real standard.
It's the argument that blue is the standard of colours and all colours should be blue.

• Information