R12 refund. Enough is enough.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Hoboys

17 Feb 2022

I keep on discovering new bugs almost every time I start the DAW, some of which make work impossible.

1) If you exceed a certain amount of actions per minute in the sequencer while switching instrument tracks, the DAW will crash without saving your progress even if there were only 2-3 instruments added. VSTs or REs only, doesn't matter. I can replicate this at will. My PC is fairly powerful too. GAME OVER.

enough.png
enough.png (12.08 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
2) When you are in the sequencer window and add a new instrument the DAW focus brings you to.... THE MIXER = developers gave 0 fucks about learning how their own software works and how it should. Literally, they don't know what happens when a user adds an instrument.

3) Browser folders still don't stay collapsed after 6 months of reporting this bug by everyone. This should have been hotfixed HOURS after release, because it affects everyone, but it still isn't. There is no excuse.

4) hi-res graphics:
hi res.png
hi res.png (90.83 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

On a separate note:

5) Pitch edit and Slice edit, the two most used functions for songwriting, still not assignable to hotkey = toy DAW indeed

6) Still no full screen mode in 2022. Even free browsers had full screen mode for over 15 years now.

I've had about enough. Demanding refund and going back to 11 for now.

BRIGGS

17 Feb 2022

I feel your pain. :cry:

I live in 11.
r11s

Hoboys

17 Feb 2022

Thanks fellas.

upthewall.jpg
upthewall.jpg (154.16 KiB) Viewed 3700 times

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Feb 2022

BagsArePacked.jpg
BagsArePacked.jpg (357.76 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

jaeproduced

17 Feb 2022

I've always had problems with PC's & Reason doesn't matter the version for years. As soon I switched to Macbook Pro 2012 I haven't had that many problems even now the only problem I'm having is Drag & Freeze. When I drag a preset or device into the rack it sometimes freezes up & I have to restart my computer to free back up that Ram(16gb)...So annoying

BRIGGS

17 Feb 2022

rcbuse wrote:
17 Feb 2022
BagsArePacked.jpg
r11s

visheshl

17 Feb 2022

Really sad that you're having to go thru this.
I think you should return back to r11.
Also try getting a Mac, even if a used machine.
I think your working experience will be a lot better.

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2022

I don't know, performance on my Macbook Pro 15" 2018 is effing atrocious. And even before the Hi-Res update Reason ran like a turd on Mac unless you forced it to run in low res mode.

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2022

Hoboys wrote:
17 Feb 2022
I've had about enough. Demanding refund and going back to 11 for now.
Refunds and returns policy:
Reason Studios web shop purchases of Reason+ annual subscriptions, Reason, Reason Upgrades and ReCycle can be returned to us for a full refund within 30 days of purchase only

Arrant
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2022

Way ahead of you. However the refund policy as stated above will be used against you.

Danilo Villanova
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2022

I saw on FB that RS was looking for coders to work on the main desktop app. I really hope they straighten their course because this current release has been atrocious. If they somehow manage to not fix the bugs during this cycle and have the idea charging for bug fixes they need to be boycotted.

Billy+

18 Feb 2022

R12 is the only version that I haven't purchased since version 1 and I still see no reason to, in fact R12 and the new "agile" approach is the only reason that I have purchased Live 11 suite.

I've put money to one side every year since Reason version 1 to make sure I can buy the latest upgrade to Reason but this last few years 2021/2022 I've avoided buying anything from the store and instead purchased Live.

the rewards system is pointless and the amount of features being added to the DAW are nonexistent while the remaining bugs from 10 and 11 are still not being fixed and although I would prefer to continue using Reason standalone as my primary DAW I can no longer continue to support the complete lack of standalone features.

RRP is literally the only saving option for all the money that I have spent with this company for 20 years and I can no longer bring myself to purchase a single product from them,

Reason has literally been downgraded to a plugin.

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
18 Feb 2022
Not for me. I'm quite happy with R12 standalone. $10 is leaking every month for R+, I don't feel like I've been deceived.

stillifegaijin

19 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
18 Feb 2022
Billy+ wrote:
18 Feb 2022
Not for me. I'm quite happy with R12 standalone. $10 is leaking every month for R+, I don't feel like I've been deceived.
I'm with you. Reason 12 is the best Reason so far. New Combinator and Mimic alone were well worth the upgrade. I've never even used Reason as a plugin so I'm not sure I get the "downgraded" concept.

Reminiscence

19 Feb 2022

Reason as a plugin is a godsend, better than rewire. :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2022

If it was any other product as unfinished as R12 I’d immediately return it. The fact that I want to use Reason as my DAW outweighs that though. I will however be extremely annoyed if they don’t fix the glaringly obvious bugs before release of the next incarnation. I do unfortunately have a feeling that R12 will remain as an unfinished intermediate.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reminiscence

19 Feb 2022

Magix did the same with Acid Pro when they bought it from Sony. Constant releases with different tiers, but a boatload of underlying bugs. Still a decent piece of software though.

plasticfractal

19 Feb 2022

The main bug driving me nuts right now is the default "AIF" export introduced in one of the recent updates. Who the hell even uses AIF? And why does it remember I used WAV last time when it suggests a filename, but still chooses AIF? I can't count how many exported files I have now like XYZ.wav.aif. The other issues are bad too, but this is the one that just drives me insane for some reason.

dakta

19 Feb 2022

I don't myself notice much in the way of bugs with reason, makes me wonder if I'm using it effectively :o

however I did notice the AIF thing - I blamed myself for just mis-selecting (constantly) until the post above. RS - the dirty swine!

altron

19 Feb 2022

Eddi-16 wrote:
19 Feb 2022
I would prefer to continue using Reason standalone as my primary DAW I can no longer continue to support the complete lack of standalone features.

Like 80% of the users, but it feels for us that they just don't want to see it and don't want to be successfull with their own DAW.

What is this for a strange kind of company management & product planning? Does anybody understand it?
I work in software development in a large company. The reason is often that managers somewhere high up who have no clue about technical details make decisions based on what's currently hip and trendy in the market and despite ~95% of the engineers say it's not good to go that way, the managers go that way regardless ... the result is crappy, buggy software that turns into a clusterfuck real quick.

For me Reason 12 works fairly well on PC but I can't deny that this release felt very buggy. Btw where are the hi-res updates for some of the REs? Even Rs's own Radical Piano still looks awful on hires.
Trap is where music goes to die.

plaamook

19 Feb 2022

MrFigg wrote:
19 Feb 2022
I do unfortunately have a feeling that R12 will remain as an unfinished intermediate.
If that happens they're gonna hear from me...

Can I crash at your house for a night if I drive up there?
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

19 Feb 2022

plasticfractal wrote:
19 Feb 2022
The main bug driving me nuts right now is the default "AIF" export introduced in one of the recent updates. Who the hell even uses AIF? And why does it remember I used WAV last time when it suggests a filename, but still chooses AIF? I can't count how many exported files I have now like XYZ.wav.aif. The other issues are bad too, but this is the one that just drives me insane for some reason.
Man , I really wish that was my main complaint...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

visheshl

19 Feb 2022

I haven't yet upgraded to R12, but looking at the comments on this forum about the bugginess of this release, Reason Studios should ideally work extensively on fixing the bugs rather than developing something new for the next version. Because stability and bugfree were always the things that attracted me to reason.
If it's going to become a pain in the ass like the plethora of buggy software on the market, it's really a big deal breaker.

Reason has always been stable and dependable even though it tried to do less stuff than the competition. Let's keep it that way propeller heads. Also please go back to being the old propeller heads, i don't like this new reason studios company too much. Since the new branding and stuff, things have taken a bad turn.
You're actively pushing subscription, your software is turning buggy, and it's seems that while you cared about the software you were building, now it's seems all about money money money

visheshl

19 Feb 2022

I can see the future, a buggy as hell software allows buggy as hell rack extensions to crowd the ecosystem in the future because money, and this whole thing comes crashing down like the vst world. Overcrowded with bad plugins, unstable software trying desperately to do cutting edge stuff to stay relevant all the while not caring about stability and dependability, not ironing out previous bugs all the while doing new stuff introducing more and more bugs ultimately new people don't subscribe, old people leave and the whole thing shuts down.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2022

plaamook wrote:
19 Feb 2022
MrFigg wrote:
19 Feb 2022
I do unfortunately have a feeling that R12 will remain as an unfinished intermediate.
If that happens they're gonna hear from me...

Can I crash at your house for a night if I drive up there?
We’ll go down together. I know where they live.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information