confused by 333 subscription offer?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gkillmaster

27 Jan 2022

I got an e-mail to try out Reason+ for 3 months for $3 and when I went to sign up, it says this at checkout:

"The coupon does not apply to the introduction offer. Eventual charges will be applied immediately."

Would I get a yearly subscription to Reason+ with the first 3 months for $1 each month, or will I start a 3-month subscription and can cancel any time?

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2022

I think these offers are always on the month-to-month plan

gkillmaster

29 Jan 2022

Steedus wrote:
28 Jan 2022
I think these offers are always on the month-to-month plan
Thanks!

michael.jaye

30 Jan 2022

It's crazy that they're still pushing this offer. Is this the 3rd time? Can anything be gleaned by this?

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2022

michael.jaye wrote:
30 Jan 2022
It's crazy that they're still pushing this offer. Is this the 3rd time? Can anything be gleaned by this?
No. Could mean anything. Could just be a behavioural experiment

PhillipOrdonez

30 Jan 2022

They should just do 12.12.12 already 😂

stratatonic

30 Jan 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
27 Jan 2022
I got an e-mail to try out Reason+ for 3 months for $3 and when I went to sign up, it says this at checkout:

"The coupon does not apply to the introduction offer. Eventual charges will be applied immediately."
What the heck does that even mean? :lol:
(they really need to state things more clearly. It would save on support time as well answering questions about what the heck it means)

orthodox
RE Developer

30 Jan 2022

stratatonic wrote:
30 Jan 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
27 Jan 2022

(they really need to state things more clearly. It would save on support time as well answering questions about what the heck it means)
I agree. Immediate charges should be applied immediately, eventual - eventually. Not vice versa.

stratatonic

30 Jan 2022

orthodox wrote:
30 Jan 2022
stratatonic wrote:
30 Jan 2022

I agree. Immediate charges should be applied immediately, eventual - eventually. Not vice versa.
The last year has produced a bunch of head scratching confusing lines from RS. They really need to up their game when writing English.
Maybe someone is writing the script in Swedish and they just throw it into Google Translate and no one checks. :question:

moneykube

30 Jan 2022

stratatonic wrote:
30 Jan 2022
The last year has produced a bunch of head scratching confusing lines from RS. They really need to up their game when writing English.
Maybe someone is writing the script in Swedish and they just throw it into Google Translate and no one checks. :question:
:lol: :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

orthodox
RE Developer

30 Jan 2022

stratatonic wrote:
30 Jan 2022
orthodox wrote:
30 Jan 2022

I do the same, I write it in Russian and use Yandex Translate and no one is there to check it.

craven

31 Jan 2022

Maybe they mean to say that the 3 months for 3 Euros offer does not stack with the introductory offer of the first month being 1 Euro.
But does it apply at all? Will I get 3 months for 1 euro? "The coupon does not apply to the introduction offer. Eventual charges will be applied immediately."

In the email, it says "*The campaign is valid until midnight 31/01/2022 and cannot be combined with coupon codes or any other offer. The coupon code is only applicable to new subscriptions and can't be applied to existing Reason+ subscriptions."

The situation is quite confusing indeed and I don't feel good taking the offer not knowing when I would need to cancel.
:ugeek:

Gardinski

31 Jan 2022

Well, this really is a headscratcher. I went for it (to see what would happen), expecting the code to be rejected because I've already had two trials of R+.

I'm a 'perpetual' owner of R12, so my only interest in R+ is for the Bassline Generator which I haven't got around to buying yet, so £1 x three months is a pretty decent way of procrastinating a little longer about BLG and snagging the new sound packs for 'free'.

So, I gave it a shot, and it seems to have gone through. £1 has been billed, and the next £1 is due on 28th Feb. (This 'next payment: £1' is clearly shown under 'my subscription', so you shouldn't need to worry about the price suddenly reverting or being charged for a full year, guys.)

It SEEMS to have worked. The soundpacks are available to me, and are working fine. Bassline Generator , however, is simply not appearing in Reason for me. The option is there to install/uninstall/reinstall.... but I'm guessing the license for it isn't refreshing.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't exactly feel like kicking up a massive fuss, because I think it could be argued I'm being incredibly cheeky here by going for a THIRD trial of R+... but nevertheless, it ought to work as intended, or just reject the payment entirely, (surely).

(Or am I just being a cheeky little guttersnipe?) :lol:
Last edited by Gardinski on 31 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2022

Gardinski wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Well, this really is a headscratcher. I went for it (to see what would happen), expecting the code to be rejected because I've already had two trials of R+.

I'm a 'perpetual' owner of R12, so my only interest in R+ is for the Bassline Generator which I haven't got around to buying yet, so £1 x three months is a pretty decent way of procrastinating a little longer about BLG and snagging the new sound packs for 'free'.

So, I gave it a shot, and it seems to have gone through. £1 has been billed, and the next £1 is due on 28th Dec. (This 'next payment: £1' is clearly shown under 'my subscription', so you shouldn't need to worry about the price suddenly reverting or being charged for a full year, guys.)

It SEEMS to have worked. The soundpacks are available to me, and are working fine. Bassline Generator , however, is simply not appearing in Reason for me. The option is there to install/uninstall/reinstall.... but I'm guessing the license for it isn't refreshing.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't exactly feel like kicking up a massive fuss, because I think it could be argued I'm being incredibly cheeky here by going for a THIRD trial of R+... but nevertheless, it ought to work as intended, or just reject the payment entirely, (surely).

(Or am I just being a cheeky little guttersnipe?) :lol:
Nah you are not being cheeky and I would mention it as you paid for r+ and should include blg

dakti

31 Jan 2022

Hi. I'm new here, never had any subscription and I'm confused as others by:
I did test and confirm that after apply "333" coupon for Monthly plan it charge 1$ for first month and activate discount for 3 months x 1$ each. Kind regards.
"Bring back ReBirth to iOS platform / AppStore"

orthodox
RE Developer

31 Jan 2022

Gardinski wrote:
31 Jan 2022
It could happen if you're running Codemeter and using computer/IK authorization. The perpetual offline license takes over. In that case, you need to disable the Codemeter service (if on Windows, and I don't know what to do on Macs) and authorize online. Or deauthorize computer and uninstall Codemeter.

jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Gardinski wrote:
31 Jan 2022
It could happen if you're running Codemeter and using computer/IK authorization. The perpetual offline license takes over. In that case, you need to disable the Codemeter service (if on Windows, and I don't know what to do on Macs) and authorize online. Or deauthorize computer and uninstall Codemeter.
Is BLG installed via Companion? Also make sure Codemeter is not running https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-

orthodox
RE Developer

14 Feb 2022

I'm running R+, and just decided to test if my perpetual R12 computer authorization still works. Enabled Codemeter service, and surprise! - both R+ and offline authorization work fine without needing to disable Codemeter to use R+. Just select the one you want to go with in the Authorization window, and the online choice will run R+. Maybe it was fixed in some latest R12 update?

• Information