How to hook up audio outs using aggregate device in OSX?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gkillmaster

26 Jan 2022

Hi There,

I need to be able to use an aggregate device. The audio is set up to go to channel 3 and 4 but when I cable the master section to channels 3 & 4, I get no sound. Can someone please tell me the best way to assign my audio output to go to ch. 3 & 4 instead of 1 & 2?

Thanks,

Greg

gkillmaster

26 Jan 2022

Figured it out.

huggermugger

26 Jan 2022

nice! Was this for Zoom?

okaino

26 Jan 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
26 Jan 2022
Figured it out.
Dont let the post goto waste how did you do it?

gkillmaster

26 Jan 2022

okaino wrote:
26 Jan 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
26 Jan 2022
Figured it out.
Dont let the post goto waste how did you do it?
BORING ALERT: Well, took a couple hours to figure it out but Reason had a built in template for my QuNexus keyboard which has 2 port 1 settings and I assigned port 1 on my keyboard to each. I thought it was something to do with the cabling or preferences so I was looking there first and beating my head against the wall. I tried another DAW and the keyboard worked fine but not in reason. So I looked at the template and removed one of the port 1 settings and it worked! See, boring story. But I have no idea why setting the second port to the same port on my keyboard would do that. Those are MIDI ports. Something fishy with that template or my understanding of what is going on inside it. Reason doesn't seem to have very robust support for external controllers. Or at least the controllers I have.

P.S. it had nothing to do with the aggregate device. Once I figured out it was they keyboard, everything in Reason worked as expected.

• Information