12.2.4 Released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2022

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
MrFigg wrote:
09 Feb 2022

Beet
Different spelling I'm afraid. :lol:

Although I could do with a beat route today, can you give me directions?
Eye No
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2022

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

10 Feb 2022

Popey wrote:
09 Feb 2022
Only the best beets

:lol:

Kind of like Arthur Askey style.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

10 Feb 2022

Shadoww wrote:
09 Feb 2022
Mmm lovely beet….., a real good beat

That is a great beat, also a great piano. You can't make tunes like that without hardware imo. That sounds like a 909, a Korg M1 piano and the conga / bongo percussion (even though the singer is pretending to play them in the video) is probably a 727. The Korg M1 vst is pretty close though but you can still hear a slight difference between that and the real thing.

EnochLight

10 Feb 2022

MrFigg wrote:
10 Feb 2022
EnochLight wrote:
09 Feb 2022
Yeah!!!

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Shadoww wrote:
09 Feb 2022
Mmm lovely beet….., a real good beat

That is a great beat, also a great piano. You can't make tunes like that without hardware imo. That sounds like a 909, a Korg M1 piano and the conga / bongo percussion (even though the singer is pretending to play them in the video) is probably a 727. The Korg M1 vst is pretty close though but you can still hear a slight difference between that and the real thing.
I saw Deee-Lite live back in the day; it was a fun show. That said, they only had two good songs IMHO (Groove is in the Heart and the aforementioned Good Beat). All I can remember from the rest of the show was all of the other songs blending into each other like one long-ass song - this might have been their tour to support their World Clique album, or it might have been right after their second - hard to remember. Definitely a product of their time - I miss those days! Also, Lady Miss Kier... *** SWOOOON ***
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Creativemind

10 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
10 Feb 2022
MrFigg wrote:
10 Feb 2022

Yeah!!!

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022

I saw Deee-Lite live back in the day; it was a fun show. That said, they only had two good songs IMHO (Groove is in the Heart and the aforementioned Good Beat). All I can remember from the rest of the show was all of the other songs blending into each other like one long-ass song - this might have been their tour to support their World Clique album, or it might have been right after their second - hard to remember. Definitely a product of their time - I miss those days! Also, Lady Miss Kier... *** SWOOOON ***
Yeah Groove Is In the Heart is their most famous track. Did you enjoy the gig though?

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2022

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Popey wrote:
09 Feb 2022
Only the best beets

My dad had this on vinyl so couldn't resist posting it when someone posted a beetroot. Used to try and make drum and bass versions of my dads vinyl using my dj gear. Most of them sounded awful but i did once make a good drum and bass version of the shadows apache mixed with v recordings warhead track. Good, fun times.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2022

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
EnochLight wrote:
10 Feb 2022

Yeah Groove Is In the Heart is their most famous track. Did you enjoy the gig though?
It’s about the Sesame Street character Grover.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

10 Feb 2022

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
It was over 30 years ago... I think I did? Lol :lol:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

orthodox
RE Developer

10 Feb 2022

Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
orthodox wrote:
09 Feb 2022
That's a song I've not heard in time. Probably the most famous jazz song ever isn't it?
Not really, there are 100s of songs you could say the same about.

This is an example of a song that improved much from jazz covering. Originally it was a pop song by Sonny & Cher, which sounded pretty dull, as well as its other covers. The Buddy Rich version made it a completely different song.
It was re-covered by Britney Spears (or whoever produced her) afterwards.

Auryn

10 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
10 Feb 2022

This is an example of a song that improved much from jazz covering. Originally it was a pop song by Sonny & Cher, which sounded pretty dull, as well as its other covers. The Buddy Rich version made it a completely different song.
Damn I always thought the buddy rich + nancy sinatra (I think?) version was the original
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

jam-s

10 Feb 2022

Auryn wrote:
10 Feb 2022
orthodox wrote:
10 Feb 2022

Damn I always thought the buddy rich + nancy sinatra (I think?) version was the original
Yep, orthodox is right on this, but as both songs came out in the same year one might have it swapped in one's mind: https://www.whosampled.com/Buddy-Rich/The-Beat-Goes-On/

alipi

10 Feb 2022

Shadoww wrote:
09 Feb 2022
It’s not an option to go back as I’m halfway through a beat. I’ll report a bug then. Seems odd that it’s only happening to me
I also reported this in the beta and they confirmed that it's a known issue. I don't know the status, if they have fixed it yet or what. For me it's also not really an option to go back as I already paid for it and mostly like the gfx update. The backup if they aren't able to improve the software quality is to switch to another DAW for the long term and regretfully abandon Reason.

Also some boring feedback from me to the mods and regulars regarding every thread turning into shitposting memes and unrelated/political discussions... Why not move it to another section like the "kitchen" and continue your fun chat (link/quote stuff from the "boring" sections, add your memes, ridicule and make political hot takes that no one asked for)? Now it becomes a bit time consuming to filter out actual info based on the thread title and section. Maybe it's just me? In that case carry on I guess. Thanks.

Shadoww

11 Feb 2022

Arrant wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Shadoww wrote:
09 Feb 2022

Just to let ya’ll know. I managed to finish my beat today on freezy old R12.2.4 and it’s hella sick
Glad to hear it. I've found it helps to add devices from the right-click menu instead of dragging. It's hard to remember that when you're in the flow though.
Thanks for this good advice - I’ll do that from now on. I love the hi res in R12 so I guess it’s worth all the temporary bugs and teething problems it’s caused to core software. As long as they fix them asap. Usability and intuitive drag and drop functionally is key with the flow to modern day beat making imho

Shadoww

11 Feb 2022

alipi wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Shadoww wrote:
09 Feb 2022
It’s not an option to go back as I’m halfway through a beat. I’ll report a bug then. Seems odd that it’s only happening to me
I also reported this in the beta and they confirmed that it's a known issue. I don't know the status, if they have fixed it yet or what. For me it's also not really an option to go back as I already paid for it and mostly like the gfx update. The backup if they aren't able to improve the software quality is to switch to another DAW for the long term and regretfully abandon Reason.

Also some boring feedback from me to the mods and regulars regarding every thread turning into shitposting memes and unrelated/political discussions... Why not move it to another section like the "kitchen" and continue your fun chat (link/quote stuff from the "boring" sections, add your memes, ridicule and make political hot takes that no one asked for)? Now it becomes a bit time consuming to filter out actual info based on the thread title and section. Maybe it's just me? In that case carry on I guess. Thanks.
interesting that this was reported by you in the beta. Something like this, that effects usability, should really be ironed out as a priority. I do appreciate the way VSTs are now auto scalable. So reason studios seems to get to these issue eventually which is always promising.

Creativemind

12 Feb 2022

Popey wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022

My dad had this on vinyl so couldn't resist posting it when someone posted a beetroot. Used to try and make drum and bass versions of my dads vinyl using my dj gear. Most of them sounded awful but i did once make a good drum and bass version of the shadows apache mixed with v recordings warhead track. Good, fun times.
:thumbs_up:

Creativemind

12 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022
It was over 30 years ago... I think I did? Lol :lol:

Creativemind

12 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
10 Feb 2022
Creativemind wrote:
10 Feb 2022

That's a song I've not heard in time. Probably the most famous jazz song ever isn't it?

The Sonny & Cher version was alright. Just had a listen.

The Britney version isn't awful either. Maybe my standards are slipping with age lol!

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Feb 2022

Auryn wrote:
10 Feb 2022
buddy rich + nancy sinatra (I think?)
It was his daughter Cathy, 12.5 years old atm.
Creativemind wrote:
12 Feb 2022

The Britney version isn't awful either. Maybe my standards are slipping with age lol!
It's acceptance :-)
To me, they are all alright in some ways, but then it comes down to what rhythm I really like to keep pounding to the brain.
alipi wrote:
10 Feb 2022
You are right, of course. But these x.x.x version threads seem the most free, they have always been derailed. Even in the kitchen it feels that you should stick to a topic, however stupid it is.

Creativemind

13 Feb 2022

orthodox wrote:
13 Feb 2022
Auryn wrote:
10 Feb 2022
buddy rich + nancy sinatra (I think?)
It was his daughter Cathy, 12.5 years old atm.
Creativemind wrote:
12 Feb 2022

It's acceptance :-)
To me, they are all alright in some ways, but then it comes down to what rhythm I really like to keep pounding to the brain.
alipi wrote:
10 Feb 2022
You are right, of course. But these x.x.x version threads seem the most free, they have always been derailed. Even in the kitchen it feels that you should stick to a topic, however stupid it is.
Derailed. That was a Van Damme film. Lol!

Sorry for further derailing the thread. I often wondered if forums should have different avenues kind of like a flow chart where different avenues could veer off and you could continue on the thread you wanted to pursue but may get too disorganised / complicated.

• Information