Reason Ambassador (Reason Gang)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
craste

24 Jan 2022

Nice to see that Oscar has become one of the Reason Ambassador (Reason Gang) as it is so powerful when you have influencers like him using your products.

They are like a super cool marketing department all by themselves. I have said before that Reason Studios have not tapped into YouTube influencers enough, as it is the main resource now for people wanting to learn, and if they are using the same software as you, it makes things so much easier!

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

Yeah I am pleased to see this as find Oscar's videos easy to follow and as someone who likes techno I learn a lot from him. It will be interesting to see if he now works solely in Reason or if he continues to use reason with live. As someone who uses both platforms I would be happy to see him continue using both but what are others thoughts? As an ambassador should he just use reason now or a bit of both.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jan 2022

He'll use both, Popey. He states so in the video.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jan 2022
He'll use both, Popey. He states so in the video.
Cheers Phillip just watched the video :thumbs_up:

arnigretar

25 Jan 2022

Good for all. Congrats :-)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

BananaSkins

25 Jan 2022

:clap: Congrats; he has good musical knowledge and an essential clear voice for promoting anything on YouTube including Reason…
125k now…

DaveyG

25 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Yeah I am pleased to see this as find Oscar's videos easy to follow and as someone who likes techno I learn a lot from him. It will be interesting to see if he now works solely in Reason or if he continues to use reason with live. As someone who uses both platforms I would be happy to see him continue using both but what are others thoughts? As an ambassador should he just use reason now or a bit of both.
He'll use both, and just enough Reason to justify whatever incentive he is being given! :lol:

dvdrtldg

25 Jan 2022

I like this guy. Even while I find the endless focus of Reason YouTubers on EDM boring & frustrating, he's pretty cool in that he demonstrates a lot of techniques that can be used outside the genre

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jan 2022

Are there more reason YouTubers doing quality electronic music content? Please link me up. Plus, I don't consider techno EDM.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Plus, I don't consider techno EDM.
:( :( :lol:

rupfox

27 Jan 2022

I was shocked when I first discovered his channel that there was a sizeable Youtube influencer using Reason. I've brought this up in other groups and there seems to be the stubborn cynicism among the core reason comunity that youtube influencers and such are "stupid". But they are super important in growing the community and attracting interest to the software.

Really cool that he's on board now. I don't like his style of music at all but he gives good tips and is very skillful. I do wish Youtube manages to attract influencers in other, more mainstream genres of similar quality and reach.

bangaio

27 Jan 2022

He’s a good hire (ambassador!) and knows his stuff. It has to be said that there are stacks of influential producers of all flavours of electronic music but rs need to be careful who they team up with. So far a mature clear techno dude and a trio of arm waving muppets who spend a lot of time dancing behind decks, pretending to press buttons and move faders who are of questionable pedigree no matter where they have played do sets.

I’ve been really getting more and more into bitwig these days so much so I’m considering deleting logic to make room. They have a fantastic line up of producers none of whom need to be labelled or big themselves as ambassadors. There’s something about the RS approach that all seems a bit out of date on social media terms and I genuinely have no idea who they are pitching themselves at. Not me it would seem though.

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2022

Three Muppets? What? That can't be real 😂

bangaio

27 Jan 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2022
If only (sorry Uk slang) instead we get these folks. Get ready for lots of clinging on to mixer knobs as though they're either covered in superglue or red hot and they always seem to get their tops off halfway through their sets. God I am old!

https://www.youtube.com/c/GentlemensClubUK/videos

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2022

What? They've partnered with that trio? No way

bangaio

27 Jan 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2022
What? They've partnered with that trio? No way
Way…

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2022

You are just having a laugh!

bangaio

27 Jan 2022

Meanwhile other platforms don’t need to pay hyped up DJs because their product simply more enticing:

https://www.facebook.com/1000446350202 ... 88864/?d=n(sorry it is Facebook)

bangaio

28 Jan 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2022
You are just having a laugh!
I wish I was...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2IIDJtUyj ... hare_sheet

jamespember
Reason Studios

28 Jan 2022

bangaio wrote:
27 Jan 2022
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2022
If only (sorry Uk slang) instead we get these folks. Get ready for lots of clinging on to mixer knobs as though they're either covered in superglue or red hot and they always seem to get their tops off halfway through their sets. God I am old!

https://www.youtube.com/c/GentlemensClubUK/videos
They've been releasing original music, all written and produced in Reason, for over 10 years. They're really competent producers and songwriters, great live DJs, have a very loyal following in the UK and are on the rise fast. Isn't it great that young electronic artists love and use Reason and help inspire the next generation of kids to get into music, production and Reason too?

Have a nice weekend!

jamespember
Reason Studios

28 Jan 2022

craste wrote:
24 Jan 2022
Nice to see that Oscar has become one of the Reason Ambassador (Reason Gang) as it is so powerful when you have influencers like him using your products.

They are like a super cool marketing department all by themselves. I have said before that Reason Studios have not tapped into YouTube influencers enough, as it is the main resource now for people wanting to learn, and if they are using the same software as you, it makes things so much easier!

Glad to hear you're pleased about this—Oscar is great! We're thrilled to be working together, lots of fun, musical stuff planned for 2022 :thumbup:

Arpeg
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2022

Oscar is a smart teacher, very happy to have him on board.

Just gonna give A Guy Called Gerald a shout as he still uses Reason I think, would love to see him in the Reason Gang

Originally in 808 State back in the day and still produces Drum and Bass, Techno, House etc.

Look forward to what is planned with Oscar and the Reason Gang, thanks 👍

WarStar

28 Jan 2022

Reason should reach out to iLL Mind since he uses reason... Kato does as well.. iLL Mind written some huge hip-hop hits and some movie soundtrack stuff to... He did the sound tracks to Black Panther and Moana if I remember correctly

supersmarter

21 Apr 2022

Yeah I see I am starting to sound bitter so I am well aware it's just me but bringing this dude into the Reason stream was the final straw. I am not going to sell or stop using Reason at the moment but this is it no more money from me. I am going away from this forum.

Instead of trying to bring real artists they introduce youtube syphoons with 0% of modesty or real artistry.

Yeah this is pretty much desperate. First they added that silly stage and sessions. Then they added this dude.
What' the problem? If you allow me try and watch say 10-20 random videos from this "musician". He tries to learn other people's music, blurb about this and that. By watching his videos one would think: wow this guy is amazing, he understands it all. Right?

Well if that's the case how come no one ever heard him being a musician producing tracks which people really listen to? You don't have to be a genius to see the answer. Because he doesn't know how to make music. I mean real artistry music.  

He is in no way ANY different than you and me doing silly youtube videos and self proclaiming ourselves artists or musicians and just talk a lot.

Let me be clear, I am not against youtube tutorials, or people trying to help. Sure plenty of modest people with cool tricks.

I am against people with zero modesty and feelings for real life. There is a reason why this dude never produced any tangible track which made it to some ear. Because he jammed on synths and talked crap. And he made a business of it. Hahahahahahaha

But ok he talks a lot so it must be he is good. Riiiiight. That's it.

Someone mentioned A guy Called Gerald - yep. Real artist. Oscar? No nope sir. Ask yourself why they can't reach or get real artist to speak up.

Meh...

Someone needs to be fired or go away. Obviously it's me.

EnochLight

21 Apr 2022

supersmarter wrote:
21 Apr 2022
Instead of trying to bring real artists they introduce youtube syphoons with 0% of modesty or real artistry. .. I am against people with zero modesty and feelings for real life
Sounds like you have issues with "modesty", to be quite honest. :shock: I mean, I get that you're vehemently opposed to everything "influencer / YouTuber", but come on man... This isn't the 1600's.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information