Reason 12.2.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

22 Dec 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
21 Dec 2021
New Combi widgets!! Thanks for sharing, downloading now!! 😄
Can you post pics of them? I'd like to see'em.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

RandomNoise

22 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
22 Dec 2021
RandomNoise wrote:
21 Dec 2021
New Combi widgets!! Thanks for sharing, downloading now!! 😄
I did, check out the first page of this thread

Creativemind

22 Dec 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
22 Dec 2021

I did, check out the first page of this thread
Oh yes. Nice one. They look like buttons from the 909 and Juno-106 / 60.
Last edited by Creativemind on 22 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

22 Dec 2021

STIM wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Reason is loading a lot faster for me though. Other than minor graphics issues this update is great for performance.

It used to take a minute to fully load Reason for me and another minute to drag an instrument into the rack. It now takes 13 seconds to load Reason and 2 seconds to load an instrument. :clap:
And third that for FL Studio or Reaper lol!

Creativemind

22 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 Dec 2021
RandomNoise wrote:
21 Dec 2021
I think I've found a very minor bug.. when adding a new device, on scroll the red border that highlight that device come on top of the transport bar. When clicking away this border disappear however
[edit] this is actually the patches browse focus border, so this bug remain every time it is in focus.
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 20.54.14.png
Yeah this one is known and confirmed by RS. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.
You'll be waiting till February as RS will go for a months holiday tomorrow.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
22 Dec 2021
joeyluck wrote:
21 Dec 2021

Yeah this one is known and confirmed by RS. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.
No they won’t. They’ll be away for a few days at xmas and a few days at new year. The month long holiday is taken between June and August
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bigguy1

22 Dec 2021

bigguy1 wrote:
22 Dec 2021
The browser reacts much faster for me (Windows 10). Really great.

Oddly the search does not find every occurence of results. I have a folder with 6 samples (bass1.wav, ..., bass6.wav). If I directly move the browser into this folder it shows exactly these files. If I search in this folder (or above) with the keyword 'bass' there are no results.

I will try to delete the cache-file and recreate the cache to see if it helps.
Did some more testing. After I deleted the index file and waiting for several ours the browser shows the files now. The old index was 276MB the new one has 531MB and I think indexing is finished.
It would be perfect, if there was any hint on what the current of indexing is. E.g. a global percentage or an icon in the browser which states that this location is completely indexed.

And searching now is really fast. That's what I hoped for with Reason 12 and now it is working. Nice :clap:

FGL

22 Dec 2021

Colors are fixed this is fine

Creativemind

22 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
22 Dec 2021

No they won’t. They’ll be away for a few days at xmas and a few days at new year. The month long holiday is taken between June and August
Even if they do do that, we probably still won't see anything till Feb. They will probably go on their Xmas hols tomorrow till at least 3rd Jan.
Last edited by Creativemind on 22 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
22 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Dec 2021

Even if they do, we still won't see anything till Feb. They wil go on Xmas hols tomorrow till at least 3rd Jan.
That's what I said.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bigguy1

22 Dec 2021

And now Reason crashed while trying around searching. It crashed when searching a folder, which is not in my preferences...

But what is very nice: When searching a not indexed folder, the browser seems to show results at once. While searching in the background the results get updated like every second. :thumbup:

bigguy1

22 Dec 2021

One more thing then I am finished :-)

I still don't really trust the search. When I select "Search in all locations" and search for "bass" it definitely shows not all results it should find. This seems to be always the case. Searching for bass in my wav-samples folder gives me over 8000 results in the windows explorer but just 623 wavs in Reasons results.

So the search is fast but won't find everything. I wonder if this is a bug or intended behaviour...

EnochLight

22 Dec 2021

12.2.3d53 stable is busted for me. Quick search doesn't work, and my SSD appears locked in an "index loop". Been stuck at 100% disk use for about 20 minutes now. Even tried deleting the index.dat file and started over. Anyone else having this issue?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Pepin

22 Dec 2021

Did anyone else notice that RS seems to have dumbed down the release notes some time after the initial posting?

They no longer mention exactly when indexing occurs. I think it was every hour, excluding REs during subsequent indexing after launch. That was potentially useful information.
"sRGB" is also no longer explicitly mentioned.

On my end, I've noticed that 1 GB is written whenever the index is updated and user locations haven't changed. That still seems unnecessary on the surface.

DaveyG

22 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Did anyone else notice that RS seems to have dumbed down the release notes some time after the initial posting?

They no longer mention exactly when indexing occurs. I think it was every hour, excluding REs during subsequent indexing after launch. That was potentially useful information.
"sRGB" is also no longer explicitly mentioned.

On my end, I've noticed that 1 GB is written whenever the index is updated and user locations haven't changed. That still seems unnecessary on the surface.
The extended notes are still here:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-
We're happy to announce the release of Reason 12.2.3. Reason 12.2.3 will also be immediately available in the Reason+ subscription.

Here's what's new in 12.2.3:

Improvements and bug fixes
Added new Combinator widgets (control and switch styles)

Improved handling of OpenGL to prevent graphic artefacts and corruption, especially when using other VSTs that also use OpenGL (e.g. VPS Avenger and IK Multimedia SampleTank 4)

sRGB colors are used on Mac

Improved drawing performance for Rack Extensions with custom displays

Fixed slow drawing performance for Combinators without custom backdrops

Updated Save and Load file dialogs on Windows for better HiDPI support

Slightly smoother scrolling in the Rack

Better handling of unknown font glyphs

Faster indexing and searching in the browser

Indexing of Rack Extensions occurs only once each Reason session

Full scan of browser user locations is done each startup of Reason

A rescan of modified browser folders is performed every hour

Improved handling of shortcuts in the browser

Better handling of corrupt browser index database entries

Improved search in network locations on Windows

IMPORTANT:

Reason 12.2.3 saves Reason songs and Combi patches in an updated format - if the new Combinator widgets have been used. Attempting to open such songs/Combi patches in an older version than Reason 12.2.3 results in an error message that the song/Combi patch cannot be opened because it’s too new.
That last bit is interesting.

demt

22 Dec 2021

Does reason scan the entire disk/s or can you to point it manually or is it Ltd to previous user behaviour , cheers.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

EnochLight

22 Dec 2021

demt wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Does reason scan the entire disk/s or can you to point it manually or is it Ltd to previous user behaviour , cheers.
For fast search indexing, it only scans folders that are added to user locations. Favorites are excluded.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

22 Dec 2021

Majestik Monkey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Shit got worse when i updated ' Good job i still have RS11 installed init :mrgreen:

PS PLEASE DONT MOVE THE POST I BELEIVE IT IS RELIVENT TO THIS THREAD :twisted:
Curious - can you check and see if Reason 12.2.3 is using your GPU?

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2021

What location are the index files?

bigguy1 wrote:
22 Dec 2021
bigguy1 wrote:
22 Dec 2021
The browser reacts much faster for me (Windows 10). Really great.

Oddly the search does not find every occurence of results. I have a folder with 6 samples (bass1.wav, ..., bass6.wav). If I directly move the browser into this folder it shows exactly these files. If I search in this folder (or above) with the keyword 'bass' there are no results.

I will try to delete the cache-file and recreate the cache to see if it helps.
Did some more testing. After I deleted the index file and waiting for several ours the browser shows the files now. The old index was 276MB the new one has 531MB and I think indexing is finished.
It would be perfect, if there was any hint on what the current of indexing is. E.g. a global percentage or an icon in the browser which states that this location is completely indexed.

And searching now is really fast. That's what I hoped for with Reason 12 and now it is working. Nice :clap:

EnochLight

22 Dec 2021

Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2021
On Windows, it's located under:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason

The file called "__ReasonIndex_v4.dat" is the browser's fast-search index.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2021

Thanks
EnochLight wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2021
On Windows, it's located under:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason

The file called "__ReasonIndex_v4.dat" is the browser's fast-search index.

gullum

22 Dec 2021

why is lego building a big deal in a music software? when I make music I want to look as little as possible at the screen.
I'm a guitarist so most of my effects were 2-3 knobs and a foot switch.

WaxTrax

22 Dec 2021

On macOS it is:

~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Reason/Caches

EnochLight

22 Dec 2021

WaxTrax wrote:
22 Dec 2021
On macOS it is:

~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Reason/Caches
Thanks! I updated the sticky reflecting these locations. :clap: :thumbup:

Majestik Monkey

22 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Majestik Monkey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Shit got worse when i updated ' Good job i still have RS11 installed init :mrgreen:

PS PLEASE DONT MOVE THE POST I BELEIVE IT IS RELIVENT TO THIS THREAD :twisted:
Curious - can you check and see if Reason 12.2.3 is using your GPU?
Hi EnochLight ' Sorry i am late to the question , Thanks for asking Bud , i do know that on this machine ' i am using the onboard Graffix card !
The machine is a
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz 16 gig Ram ' isn't the GPU the Graffix card anyway ? How do i check if Reason is using the GPU ' Thank's :)

This is an after thought as well , but is still an issue , The Indexing thing? because every time i boot Reason 12 up ' it starts to index & wont stop until i reboot RS ' Then its
ok to carry on for a while ? , but the indexing starts again until i reboot again :question: , Any kind of help would ' be well , , , helpful :mrgreen:
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 22 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

• Information