Reason 12.2.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
timotheen

21 Dec 2021

4 months later and the browser still doesn't remember collapsed folders.
I just don't understand why it's not fixed yet. Bugs fixes and workflow issues, like with the browser should be the focus. The fact that this is still "broken", kills my workflow, it's chaotic and I'm sure I can't be the only one feeling that way... I got pressured to buy the R12 upgrade before their price increase, and still can't use the software to this day... But hey, cute buttons I guess.

reasonwhy

21 Dec 2021

The browser seems a lot faster.

But still too many cosmetic issues. I've attached just a few - there are more.

I'm running on Windows 10 at 1920x1080 with 120% application Zoom.
Attachments
reason12.2.3d53_3.png
reason12.2.3d53_3.png (75.74 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
reason12.2.3d53_2.png
reason12.2.3d53_2.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
reason12.2.3d53_1.png
reason12.2.3d53_1.png (77.68 KiB) Viewed 4917 times

STIM

21 Dec 2021

Reason is loading a lot faster for me though. Other than minor graphics issues this update is great for performance.

It used to take a minute to fully load Reason for me and another minute to drag an instrument into the rack. It now takes 13 seconds to load Reason and 2 seconds to load an instrument. :clap:
Last edited by STIM on 21 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

RandomNoise

21 Dec 2021

reasonwhy wrote:
21 Dec 2021
The browser seems a lot faster.

But still too many cosmetic issues. I've attached just a few - there are more.

I'm running on Windows 10 at 1920x1080 with 120% application Zoom.
I've experienced those as well on a Mac. I also use the 120% application zoom and when switching back to 100% they are gone.
I had those before the latest update. can't remember when it started though.

guitfnky

21 Dec 2021

I still see some automation clips aren’t displaying properly.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

reasonwhy

21 Dec 2021

STIM wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Reason is loading a lot faster for me though. Other than minor graphics issues this update is great for performance.

It used to take a minute to fully load Reason for me and another minute to drag an instrument into the rack. It now takes 13 seconds to load Reason and 2 seconds to load an instrument. :clap:
Agree - it's faster :clap: - that is *really* good! My fingers are just itching to fix those remaining graphical glitches :lol:

Majestik Monkey

21 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
21 Dec 2021
The new Combinator controls look great, and it's good to see some performance improvements to the browser.

After testing a bit, initial indexing still writes an oddly large amount of data to disk. Testing now, 4 GB were written to produce a 43 MB index. That's with about 25 GB of content added to the user locations.
It would be interesting to know why all that writing is necessary, but I'm hoping incremental updates to the index show more obvious improvements.

The browser still doesn't remember collapsed folders unfortunately. Hopefully that's still coming...
Hi Pepin ' i actually have the same problem !?
i have not yet updated too 12.2.3 as yet, but every time i boot Reason up / 12.2.2 my Machine is constantly Indexing , on & on? Until i Restart Reason , hugely frustrating :puf_unhappy: & like other people i still have R11 installed which runs near perfect ! So i am not ready just yet to Uninstall R11 , Maybe this update may help ' That infernal INDEXING ............... on my Machine? Merry Christmas :puf_bigsmile:

joeyluck

21 Dec 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
21 Dec 2021
I think I've found a very minor bug.. when adding a new device, on scroll the red border that highlight that device come on top of the transport bar. When clicking away this border disappear however
[edit] this is actually the patches browse focus border, so this bug remain every time it is in focus.
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 20.54.14.png
Yeah this one is known and confirmed by RS. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

joeyluck

21 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Do you mean the bug where the line disappears? That one is apparently tied to automation curves.

joeyluck

21 Dec 2021

timotheen wrote:
21 Dec 2021
4 months later and the browser still doesn't remember collapsed folders.
I just don't understand why it's not fixed yet. Bugs fixes and workflow issues, like with the browser should be the focus. The fact that this is still "broken", kills my workflow, it's chaotic and I'm sure I can't be the only one feeling that way... I got pressured to buy the R12 upgrade before their price increase, and still can't use the software to this day... But hey, cute buttons I guess.
Yeah I guess maybe a fix for this is planned with whatever they add in the "smart browser" update...? Hoping as well for a expand/collapse all like we have in the rack.

arqui

21 Dec 2021

I'm glad that they are fixing some of the many problems, and that everyone who bought Reason 12 is starting to use it and enjoy it, I don't think it will update yet because it is one of my work tools, and I cannot give myself the place to deal with problems ... Reason 11 is still good for me.
Greetings
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

guitfnky

21 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 Dec 2021
guitfnky wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Do you mean the bug where the line disappears? That one is apparently tied to automation curves.
yeah, it doesn’t display sometimes, but resizing the view or track height seems to fix it.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

pushedbutton

21 Dec 2021

Having an issue where one of my screens goes blank as if there's no signal and reason is no longer running, no chance to auto recover, no error message, it's as if I'd never opened reason and spent an hour setting a rack up.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

MarkTarlton

21 Dec 2021

Last night when I tried to update it wasn't working upon launching R12, no update notice, so I went to the website and clicked on the download and was taken to an Overview/Update screen saying no subscription detected, but am glad to see it fixed! Will update asap. Thanks

StephenHutchinson

21 Dec 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2021

I cannot check them now. Can you post a screenshot?
Some examples:
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 19.09.35.png
Looking great! Thanks for sharing!
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

earwig83

21 Dec 2021

they replaced perpetual license paradigm with perpetual beta testing. The software is garbage now. I'll just have to live with the let down.

BRIGGS

21 Dec 2021

STIM wrote:
21 Dec 2021

Same here! :thumbup:
r11s

MattLeschuck

21 Dec 2021

Still lots of visual issues here for me.. VST thumbnail still really blurry. Europa, Grain and Algoritm depending on screen position lose a part of the text on screen. And Drum Sequencer still looks misaligned in areas.
B1.png
B1.png (128.07 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
B2.png
B2.png (125.23 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
B3.png
B3.png (593.58 KiB) Viewed 4595 times

Loque

21 Dec 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2021

I cannot check them now. Can you post a screenshot?
Some examples:
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 19.09.35.png
Thanks. Nice. I like those buttons.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

21 Dec 2021

earwig83 wrote:
21 Dec 2021
they replaced perpetual license paradigm with perpetual beta testing. The software is garbage now. I'll just have to live with the let down.
I see it more as an open beta. So Just relax and watch the show. R13 might be stable and bug-free enough to actually consider upgrading again.

StephenHutchinson

21 Dec 2021

Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Pepin wrote:
21 Dec 2021
The new Combinator controls look great, and it's good to see some performance improvements to the browser.

After testing a bit, initial indexing still writes an oddly large amount of data to disk. Testing now, 4 GB were written to produce a 43 MB index. That's with about 25 GB of content added to the user locations.
It would be interesting to know why all that writing is necessary, but I'm hoping incremental updates to the index show more obvious improvements.

The browser still doesn't remember collapsed folders unfortunately. Hopefully that's still coming...

That is what made the browser unusable for me, couldn't create a favorites folder in RRP had to drag and drop from Studio One. At this point RS needs to hire someone from another DAW because they just don't seem to know how to do it. Navigating the browser in every other DAW I've used has been effortless for years, I just don't understand why it's rocket science for RS.

Edit: I just downloaded and checked it's a lot faster searching for one-shots but has a delay as you said when going back to each folder if it's huge.
Yehp.. that's the first thing I test in each update. Ugh.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Majestik Monkey

22 Dec 2021

Shit got worse when i updated ' Good job i still have RS11 installed init :mrgreen:

PS PLEASE DONT MOVE THE POST I BELEIVE IT IS RELIVENT TO THIS THREAD :twisted:

bigguy1

22 Dec 2021

The browser reacts much faster for me (Windows 10). Really great.

Oddly the search does not find every occurence of results. I have a folder with 6 samples (bass1.wav, ..., bass6.wav). If I directly move the browser into this folder it shows exactly these files. If I search in this folder (or above) with the keyword 'bass' there are no results.

I will try to delete the cache-file and recreate the cache to see if it helps.

rorystorm

22 Dec 2021

Its started defaulting to aiff instead of wav files when I export a song.

Ottostrom

22 Dec 2021

This update improved my Reason performance more than I expected and it's starting to feel very solid again :)
I didn't delete my index file before testing but the browser is already fast and responsive. The search function gives me results almost immediately, even when searching for stuff that I have a ton of samples for. And going back to previous folders has no delay. But the biggest surprise was how the change for drawing custom displays improved the smoothness of my rack. I opened up a big project which Reason has struggled a lot with. It had gotten so bad that I couldn't even turn a dial without everything graphical freezing up for a few seconds before the actual change was made, and every RE display looked like it was running on 2 fps while the song was playing. Now this same project runs smooth as butter and can draw everything without any noticeable stutter. Great job RS! :clap:

• Information