Apology/recompense

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RobBarnett

09 Dec 2021

Do any R12 perpetual license owners think RS should provide something as recompense/apology for releasing and selling us a product that wasn't ready. e.g free reward points ?

Not sure what they could do for R+ users, but they will have forked out far less than perpetual license owners

EnochLight

09 Dec 2021

RobBarnett wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Not sure what they could do for R+ users, but they will have forked out far less than perpetual license owners
Not necessarily - if it takes 12 months for R+ to get to a "usable" state for those R+ subs that are affected, they would effectively have spent more than perpetual license owners if they're paying $19.99 USD/month... That said, allegedly Reason 12 (+) works fine for the majority of users, so not sure what sort of apology would be warranted. We have seen our share of bug reports and generally crappy performance in this forum, but we represent a very small microscopic sliver of the Reason user base here.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Arrant
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

Yes.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

Maybe that question would be better addressed to RS. Hear what they think?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Dec 2021

Didn't everyone just get a whole bunch of free reward points due to some adjustment error that they didn't then re-adjust? Also, Bass Gen is unexpectedly in the rewards which directly benefits only perpetual users.

Seems to me like they've already made nice good will gesture. Just saying!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Didn't everyone just get a whole bunch of free reward points due to some adjustment error that they didn't then re-adjust? Also, Bass Gen is unexpectedly in the rewards which directly benefits only perpetual users.

They have indeed. I like that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AnotherMathias

09 Dec 2021

I personally feel like some goodwill gesture is in order.

I think of it this way: If the life cycle of a points update is 2 years, and the price for an update is $200, then if the v12 update we paid for is (to many people) unusable, then a 6-month wait for a proper fix should be compensated for with something of roughly $50 value.

Remember, this wouldn't be about Reason Studious being nice and generous. It's more like they are BUYING back some of the customer goodwill that they so clearly lost as of late.

A few weeks ago, wasn't there a mention of a new (or updated) effects device in progress, in addition to the bass line generator? Hopefully this can be included in the next Reason 12 update, for free.

Of course, a REALLY meaty free 12.5 update, once they've caught up with the bugs, would also do the job for me.

Kuranes2021

09 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
09 Dec 2021
nickb523 wrote:
09 Dec 2021

I second that, that was indeed a sign of good will. And this thing truly rocks, well done RS!

crimsonwarlock

09 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Also, Bass Gen is unexpectedly in the rewards which directly benefits only perpetual users.
Non-perpetual users are plus users, they don't have to pay anything extra to get it. Your rewards points are earned, not merely given.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

RobBarnett wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Do any R12 perpetual license owners think RS should provide something as recompense/apology for releasing and selling us a product that wasn't ready. e.g free reward points ?

If the product wasn't ready, why did you buy it?

Lost Dog

09 Dec 2021

Kuranes2021 wrote:
09 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
09 Dec 2021

I second that, that was indeed a sign of good will. And this thing truly rocks, well done RS!
I third that, thanks for posting this and thanks to RS for being good eggs, nice one!!! :puf_smile: :thumbup: :clap:

cymek74

09 Dec 2021

That said, allegedly Reason 12 (+) works fine for the majority of users,

Genuine question, but are you guys able to keep instrument/effects etc. lists folded in the browser? I'm on the latest update and this is still not working on my machine. Also trying to pull a mixer track below an instrument, for eg. Kong when routing out to separate mixers is still a major pain in the ass for me with a lot of messing about to get it working, are these things working now for most users?
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

Pepin

09 Dec 2021

cymek74 wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Genuine question, but are you guys able to keep instrument/effects etc. lists folded in the browser? I'm on the latest update and this is still not working on my machine. Also trying to pull a mixer track below an instrument, for eg. Kong when routing out to separate mixers is still a major pain in the ass for me with a lot of messing about to get it working, are these things working now for most users?
No, I’m pretty sure the browser issue affects everyone. Same with certain issues when reordering devices (unsure about your specific issue).

But those don’t make R12 unusable, so I guess it hinges on what you consider “works fine” to mean.

The browser thing is particularly annoying imo.

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

I personally feel like R12 was a bit half baked and needed another 6 months before release, but in no way do I feel like they owe me anything out of the ordinary other than bug fixes and the usual updates.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

I want stickers.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Pepin

10 Dec 2021

RS offers a 30 day refund for upgrades. So I don't think this topic is very compelling. Anyone who finds R12 unusable after upgrading can just get their money back.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
10 Dec 2021
RS offers a 30 day refund for upgrades. So I don't think this topic is very compelling. Anyone who finds R12 unusable after upgrading can just get their money back.
Not if they bought it 31 days ago.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

10 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
09 Dec 2021

+1 to that... grabbed Bass Gen using adjustment points. A nice surprise. Would love to see Mimic in the rewards store but it may be part of Reason 12 and not a rack. Making Mimic available to those waiting to buy 12, would be icing on the cake. :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Pepin

10 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Pepin wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Sure, that's true. But the show stopping issues some have experienced (slow browser, graphical performance) would show up pretty quickly for affected users. They're not subtle.

I'm not defending the state of the release. But I'm a bit skeptical that someone would need more than 30 days to realize the software is "unusable" for them, if indeed it is.

cymek74

10 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
09 Dec 2021
cymek74 wrote:
09 Dec 2021

No, I’m pretty sure the browser issue affects everyone. Same with certain issues when reordering devices (unsure about your specific issue).

But those don’t make R12 unusable, so I guess it hinges on what you consider “works fine” to mean.

The browser thing is particularly annoying imo.
OK, thanks. Yeah don't get me wrong I'm enjoying R12, it is useable of course, not working fine in my book.
I don't mind waiting on these fixes, pretty sure it will be sorted eventually, RS's total disregard and seeming abandonment of the sequencer is my biggest annoyance, but I knew that when I updated.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

aeox wrote:
09 Dec 2021
RobBarnett wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Sorry if this came off as rude, I didn't mean it that way. I just think it's important to acknowledge that we received exactly what was on the tin. I had some time to try Reason 12 before I upgraded, if I noticed any glaring issues I would've not upgraded.

:puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

Pepin wrote:
10 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Sure, that's true. But the show stopping issues some have experienced (slow browser, graphical performance) would show up pretty quickly for affected users. They're not subtle.

I'm not defending the state of the release. But I'm a bit skeptical that someone would need more than 30 days to realize the software is "unusable" for them, if indeed it is.
Yep. But when they say they’ll have stuff fixed by this time or that time. (Not a promise of course) a lot of people think “right, that’s good we’ll wait a bit then.” Im just waiting :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

RobBarnett

10 Dec 2021

aeox wrote:
10 Dec 2021
aeox wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Sorry if this came off as rude, I didn't mean it that way. I just think it's important to acknowledge that we received exactly what was on the tin. I had some time to try Reason 12 before I upgraded, if I noticed any glaring issues I would've not upgraded.

:puf_smile:
No offence taken. I haven't said I bought it.
I don't think RS told users that the product wasn't ready at launch, so how would a buyer know what was "on the tin"?
You could turn that question round and ask why did they release it with so many bugs

challism

10 Dec 2021

aeox wrote:
09 Dec 2021
RobBarnett wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Normally I would completely agree with this sentiment, but R12 was offered for "pre-sale" which gives the OP some validity.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021
aeox wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Normally I would completely agree with this sentiment, but R12 was offered for "pre-sale" which gives the OP some validity.
💥
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information