Bassline Generator is Here... Check Your Companion...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

09 Dec 2021

Arrant wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant shifting in time, say your pattern is cool but it doesn’t start on the right beat.
Obviously you can send to track and edit but that’s extra work.
Oh yes, good idea. I will check in the morning (in about 10 hrs after beddy byes and breakfast lol!).

I also mentioned I wasn't sure if Bassline Generator had ties, it does, seen here in this vid:-

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

challism

10 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
09 Dec 2021

It's super annoying to me. As much as I love stacking players, it always ends up in a huge looking rack. So many of the players could be closed after they are set, no need to keep them open, while some of them are better to remain open. A player like Delta, for instance, doesn't have much need to be interacted with once it is programmed. But players like PatMut and BLG are often times needing to be adjusted or what not. Anyway... super annoying that you can't fold individual players. I don't understand the logic of RS not putting that function on them from the start, and I really don't understand why they haven't yet implemented it.
I know why, cause they always have to leave something out. Their argument will be, well you can collapse other devices lol!
ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!
MrFigg wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Dec 2021

I know why, cause they always have to leave something out. Their argument will be, well you can collapse other devices lol!
Combine and collapse the combi?
That's basically the same collapse function players have now (group); we can already fold the entire group/stack of players. We want to be able to fold individual players in the stack, like can be done for all other devices in Reason.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.69 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Combine and collapse the combi?
That's basically the same collapse function players have now (group); we can already fold the entire group/stack of players. We want to be able to fold individual players in the stack, like can be done for all other devices in Reason.
Capture.JPG
I know I know :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

10 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Capture.JPG
Oh wait.... were you being funny? I've heard of this thing called comedy that humans like to use; still trying to identify it in the wild and understand its application.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Oh wait.... were you being funny? I've heard of this thing called comedy that humans like to use; still trying to identify it in the wild and understand its application.
I’d say 50/50. I haven’t slept in two days and wasn’t thinking things through properly. :). I hate snow.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

10 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021

I’d say 50/50. I haven’t slept in two days and wasn’t thinking things through properly. :). I hate snow.
Why are you trying to sleep in the snow?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Why are you trying to sleep in the snow?
Zzzzzzz
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

nickb523
RE Developer

10 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Hey Nick any chance you can do something with BLG on your YouTube channel preferably compatible with R11 ;)
That ship has sailed at this point. Honestly, support works both ways and this isn't the first time SKP has been overlooked so I cant be bothered to give BLG the time and attention. Had I have had the device back in November (like the others seemingly did) I would have definitely done some patches/Combi's and/or video content but my input is evidently not of a particularly high value to the powers that be. Ploughing into it now feels a bit desperate and ultimately demoralising so in the interest of maintaining some dignity I will have to politely decline. Instead, I'm going to cut loose and waste an inordinate amount of time eating Cheetos and playing Halo Infinite. :thumbs_up:

Cheers! :)

Billy+

10 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Hey Nick any chance you can do something with BLG on your YouTube channel preferably compatible with R11 ;)
That ship has sailed at this point. Honestly, support works both ways and this isn't the first time SKP has been overlooked so I cant be bothered to give BLG the time and attention. Had I have had the device back in November (like the others seemingly did) I would have definitely done some patches/Combi's and/or video content but my input is evidently not of a particularly high value to the powers that be. Ploughing into it now feels a bit desperate and ultimately demoralising so in the interest of maintaining some dignity I will have to politely decline. Instead, I'm going to cut loose and waste an inordinate amount of time eating Cheetos and playing Halo Infinite. :thumbs_up:

Well I for one enjoy your channel but it's up to you with regard to the content and unfortunately the R12 issues have convinced me that upgrading at this time would be problematic so I would love to see some content that isn't protected by CMBv2.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through the ringer over the situation keep up the good work as I'm sure that plenty of people will continue to support you and what you have/are doing.

joeyluck

10 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
09 Dec 2021

Well if it makes you feel better, I don't see the point in patches by designers for something that is supposed to generate basslines. Might as well just create MIDI packs if people want premade basslines. I already feel that way a bit with the scale restriction on this. If it uses a combination of premade patterns and offers no control over the scale because they wanted to restrict it to basslines they think sound good, whether or not you like it or if it fits your style or song, could've just been a MIDI or sample pack...

I guess one thing patch designers can offer for BLG is basslines in different scales by writing them in the BLG sequencer by hand.

Eprom

10 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Well if it makes you feel better, I don't see the point in patches by designers for something that is supposed to generate basslines. Might as well just create MIDI packs if people want premade basslines. I already feel that way a bit with the scale restriction on this. If it uses a combination of premade patterns and offers no control over the scale because they wanted to restrict it to basslines they think sound good, whether or not you like it or if it fits your style or song, could've just been a MIDI or sample pack...
That's exactly my view. But then again they're not called "Players" for nothing.
It's like when I tell people I compose music using a computer... "Ah, you push a button and music comes out. Everyone is a composer nowadays" :shock:
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

DaveyG

10 Dec 2021

Just when you thought you'd seen every possible parameter name, RS bring us "Minorness". :clap: :clap: :clap:

Billy+

10 Dec 2021

Eprom wrote:
10 Dec 2021
That's exactly my view. But then again they're not called "Players" for nothing.
It's like when I tell people I compose music using a computer... "Ah, you push a button and music comes out. Everyone is a composer nowadays" :shock:
For me players and midi packs are the start of the process, they inspire an idea but the end is generally different.

I might like the rhythm or a particular phrase but I very rarely end up with anything left intact from the start.

I haven't yet got near BLG and although as usual it looks inviting I'm sceptical about the longevity of it as a go to tool without an update that either allows for more patterns or maybe a better editor.

I'm definitely not throwing it away without trying it but on paper it does sound limiting, much the same as pattern Mutator feels like it's missing/in need of better controls over the mutations and requires a stack of players along with bouncing and editing before using its output.

However I think it's the philosophy behind the whole player design that they are meant to be stacked rather than just usable for a finished composition.

selig
RE Developer

10 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021
OK, probably misunderstanding you but isn't Beat Map also just a bunch of pre-made patterns, which restrict the device to producing patterns "they think sounds good"? In the end it's up to the customer/user to decide if the results have value to their work/music, and time will tell if this one has value for folks or not.

Wait a minute, aren't you the same guy who is supposed to automatically LOVE everything RS spits out? ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

DaveyG

10 Dec 2021

selig wrote:
10 Dec 2021
joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Wait a minute, aren't you the same guy who is supposed to automatically LOVE everything RS spits out? ;)
If you cut Joey in half he's like a stick of Blackpool rock but instead of it saying "Blackpool" it says "Propellerhead". A bit embarrassing really given the change of company name. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joeyluck

10 Dec 2021

selig wrote:
10 Dec 2021
joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021
OK, probably misunderstanding you but isn't Beat Map also just a bunch of pre-made patterns, which restrict the device to producing patterns "they think sounds good"? In the end it's up to the customer/user to decide if the results have value to their work/music, and time will tell if this one has value for folks or not.

Lol that's me!

Beat Map is similar, but you can also define what notes/drums are triggered. I guess they could remove the ability from Beat Map to assign what notes you want to trigger and the user could also follow Beat Map with other players to filter the notes...or 'send to track' to edit there...

Billy+

10 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021
selig wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Lol that's me!

Beat Map is similar, but you can also define what notes/drums are triggered. I guess they could remove the ability from Beat Map to assign what notes you want to trigger and the user could also follow Beat Map with other players to filter the notes...or 'send to track' to edit there...
I'm still surprised by beatmaps ability to find something different and wished others would share coordinate for the maps as there's definitely some places that are more suited for particular drum hits than others.

I never use it on kicks but hats snares sticks toms etc all sound better when played via beatmap rather than drumseq for example.

Creativemind

14 Dec 2021

I might've already asked this somewhere on here but don't recall getting a reply, is there a midi vst alternative to Bassline Generator anyone knows of?

rootwheel

14 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
14 Dec 2021
I might've already asked this somewhere on here but don't recall getting a reply, is there a midi vst alternative to Bassline Generator anyone knows of?
This looks like it might be able to do something similar: https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins/captain-deep/

Mint

14 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Check out all this guys VSTs. Might find what you're looking for.

https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Dec 2021
joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Lol that's me!

I'm still surprised by beatmaps ability to find something different and wished others would share coordinate for the maps as there's definitely some places that are more suited for particular drum hits than others.

I never use it on kicks but hats snares sticks toms etc all sound better when played via beatmap rather than drumseq for example.
Strangely I have never used beatmap for whole drums and tend to programme my kicks and snares manually. What I do love beatmap for though is setting up redrum with a whole host of percussion samples and then using beatmaps controls to generate interesting rhythms to then be resample to audio and chopped up/glitched etc.

Creativemind

14 Dec 2021

rootwheel wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Creativemind wrote:
14 Dec 2021
This looks like it might be able to do something similar: https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins/captain-deep/
Looks interesting that.

Creativemind

14 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Strangely I have never used beatmap for whole drums and tend to programme my kicks and snares manually. What I do love beatmap for though is setting up redrum with a whole host of percussion samples and then using beatmaps controls to generate interesting rhythms to then be resample to audio and chopped up/glitched etc.
ChordPotion looks interesting too.

DaveyG

15 Dec 2021

One day MixedInKey might implement an offline mode where you can use their plugins without an Internet connection. Until then it's a pass from me.

buddard
RE Developer

15 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Yes, Bassline Generator inside the Reason Rack Plugin! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

• Information