Bassline Generator is Here... Check Your Companion...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
orthodox
RE Developer

09 Dec 2021

Arrant wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant shifting in time, say your pattern is cool but it doesn’t start on the right beat.
Obviously you can send to track and edit but that’s extra work.
No, I guess it can't be done.

selig
RE Developer

09 Dec 2021

BLG + BeatMap = a match made in heaven.
My favorite "trick" for Beat Map is to modulate X/Y position with Pulsar using two tempo synced sine waves at "odd" settings such as 5/4 on one and 3/4 on the other. In looking for a similar trick for Baseline, I noticed there was no CV inputs. Also noticed there wasn't an obvious X/Y control either. Turns out what I was looking for is the OnBeat and OffBeat source destinations. Sadly there isn't global control for this parameter, so you have to assign CVs to the current pattern you're using (and again to each additional pattern you want to control). Not a big deal, the results are worth it in my mind - plus I can stick with one pattern using this technique, and use NoteView (or similar) to transpose to different chords/keys.
Like with the BeatMap trick, you can get everything from very subtle variations (especially if using the Variator) to almost totally random (but in key and in rhythm) parts. I also find modulating a bit of On/OffBeat Variator with a second Pular can add even more interest!
I'm thinking one can build some really interesting Combinators using this approach.
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

09 Dec 2021

Arrant wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant shifting in time, say your pattern is cool but it doesn’t start on the right beat.
orthodox wrote:
09 Dec 2021

You could try recording the pattern into pattern Mutator then use the rotation feature.....

BRIGGS

09 Dec 2021

r11s

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

I don’t comment generally on the “push a button and music is delivered instantly” devices. Each to their own. I mean its cool. It really is. Just not for me. And I know I’m going to get it anyway hahaha.
Maybe it’s just easier for me to write my own basslines because I play bass. Maybe.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

StephenHutchinson

09 Dec 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Yasssss!! :D
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

BRIGGS

09 Dec 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
09 Dec 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Yasssss!! :D
That's what I said! :lol:
r11s

guitfnky

09 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
09 Dec 2021
I don’t comment generally on the “push a button and music is delivered instantly” devices. Each to their own. I mean its cool. It really is. Just not for me. And I know I’m going to get it anyway hahaha.
Maybe it’s just easier for me to write my own basslines because I play bass. Maybe.
I’m with you. I think it’s usually more fun to screw around with your own ideas until you come up with something cool. I do use Players occasionally as augmentation tools, but rarely for fundamental parts like drums or bass. mostly that’s down to the inability for them to create realistic human sounding performances without a bunch of manual editing/tweaking.

that said, this one does look pretty interesting, at least as an idea platform to help break out of a rut. if I decide to try it, I’d likely end up using it to help get an idea out of the gate, but then re-record it with an actual bass (or perform it manually on keyboard).
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

arnigretar

09 Dec 2021

Wonderful little player. Instant joy for creating basslines. The only complaint I could point out is the gui. But that pretty much goes to all those players! But beggers can't be choosers and all that jazz! :thumbup:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

QVprod

09 Dec 2021

Arrant wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Cool trick I figured out while making patches is to use Redrum as a CV trigger for switching patterns automatically. Each Redrum channel can be set to trigger a different pattern at the desired number of steps.

littlejam

09 Dec 2021

hello,

can anyone state if this works in R10 please?

thanks,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

QVprod

09 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Dec 2021
hello,

can anyone state if this works in R10 please?

thanks,

j
Mattias stated this earlier in the thread. It does minus the combinator patches.

littlejam

09 Dec 2021

hello,

i went through this thread again

billy asked if it worked in R11
jamespember stated yes, but without the combi patches

i am asking specifically about R10 please

thanks,

j
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

moneykube

09 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Dec 2021
hello,

thanks,

j
good question... my secondary machine runs 10... primary machine runs 11... super happy it is in rewards shop... I will know tonight if you have not received an answer before then
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

PhillipOrdonez

09 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Dec 2021
hello,

thanks,

j
Tried it on 10. Yes it does work on 10.

littlejam

09 Dec 2021

hello,

thanks for reporting that it works in R10
i am happyhappy
making my way to the rewards shop now with a hop, skip, and a jump

thank you to reason studios for putting bass line generator in the rewards shop

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios

StephenHutchinson

09 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Dec 2021
hello,

thanks,

j
I think you can download the trial and see if it lets you:

Bassline Generator

deeplink
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

orthodox wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Arrant wrote:
09 Dec 2021
If you want to shift it forward in time, then no need for the extra work.
Simply use a NoteEcho, with one step trigger - excluding the first step.

In fact, this bassline player actually works great with leads - especially when use in conjunction with the NoteEcho.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

littlejam

09 Dec 2021

hello,

i don't trial REs because it might f!@$%$#!! up my authorizer
so i ask first, here

thanks,

j

also gonna get pattern mutator to do what mattias said
"put a pattern mutator after bass line generator"

and do the QVprod thing:
"Cool trick I figured out while making patches is to use Redrum as a CV trigger for switching patterns automatically. Each Redrum channel can be set to trigger a different pattern at the desired number of steps."
littlejamaicastudios

WOO

09 Dec 2021

I'm having a blast with this! :clap: :clap: Like Mr. Figg I play bass and create my own basslines on bass or using synths. With that being said I can see this as a great new way to generate ideas and open my mind to new possibilities which will carry over to my bass and synth playing. To bad the combinators don't work with reason 11.

MarkTarlton

09 Dec 2021

I played around with the combi's and right off the bat I really like "Lo-Fi Elements" and "Scenic View", I think they are made by the same person, whoever made those did a nice job!

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2021

Well after only 20 minutes i am 69 reward points lighter. Really neat device and as always I tried using it to not just make basslines but synth patterns too.

now just got to RTFM manual to understand the variator and minorless controls :lol:

StephenHutchinson

09 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Dec 2021
hello,

i don't trial REs because it might f!@$%$#!! up my authorizer
so i ask first, here

thanks,

j

also gonna get pattern mutator to do what mattias said
"put a pattern mutator after bass line generator"

and do the QVprod thing:
"Cool trick I figured out while making patches is to use Redrum as a CV trigger for switching patterns automatically. Each Redrum channel can be set to trigger a different pattern at the desired number of steps."
Ah.. I totally understand. Damn that would be awful. I had Reason 10 but I don't have any spare computers to install it to to test. I hope someone is able to help you out on this thread. That would be amazing if it did work on R10 :puf_smile:

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Dec 2021

WOO wrote:
09 Dec 2021
To bad the combinators don't work with reason 11.
Sorry but I have to comment on this.

A couple of weeks back a fellow developer reached out to me for help as his shop page was being rejected. After a bit of back and forth it turned out the reason for rejection was because they didn't state R12 or R+ compatibility due to the inclusion of Combinator 2 patches.

That same oversight on the BLG page needs to be sorted ASAP. If third parties are held to those standards the RS should be also.

Apologies again for bringing this up but the double standard really grinds my gears. :)

craste

09 Dec 2021

Insta-buy for me, this is so much fun!

Saves loads of time too coming up with a decent bassline.

Its great loading it up and then cycling through the bass patches as well as clicking on the random generater button!

Only paid £14 as I had rewards points which I didn't know I had - which is nice!

Well done to the Reason team - this is brilliant!

• Information