Want to be a part of the Bassline Generator launch?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jamespember
Reason Studios

04 Dec 2021

Hey there everyone!

So, as you know, the Bassline Generator Player is coming very soon. We're really excited about it, and from what we're hearing from early testers, we think a lot of you will like it too.

So, I'd like to get some users from ReasonTalk involved in the launch and the launch content. Some of you may have seen our Mimic series (on YouTube) recently. Well, we're going to create a similar series for Bassline Generator now focused on House, Techno, Garage, Acid and Electronic music more generally.

I don't know how many of you make videos (or want to), but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone is interested!

If you have a setup that allows you to create high quality video, I can give you beta access to the device on Monday.

What you'd need to be able to do:
- Film a short intro of yourself ("Hi I'm James, and today I'm going to be making some music with the new Bassline Generator Player from Reason" or something similar).
- 5-10 minutes where you are recording your screen (showing Reason, hearing great music). Obviously the Bassline Generator should be a focus
- Send us all the raw audio and video materials so we can take care of all the editing on our end (we'll edit for you)

If interested, email me your username to james.pember@reasonstudios.com and we'll go from there!

PS. If you aren't up for this, don't worry, Bassline Generator is not far away at all. It'll be available to Reason+ subscribers as part of the subscription and be available for purchase in the shop on the same launch day.

PhillipOrdonez

04 Dec 2021

I love the target of this player is right up my alley. Unfortunately, however, high quality video is not something i do. Raskt looking forward to the launch and using this player on my music πŸ•Ί

Shoukz

04 Dec 2021

"It'll be available to Reason+ subscribers as part of the subscription and be available for purchase in the shop on the same launch day."

A new 90 € RE device was just "under investigation" on your first road map, bring us the the free for all "more style for combinator" you should deliver in november instead.

Billy+

04 Dec 2021

What an interesting idea, just have a few questions

Do we need to appear on screen or is a voice acceptable
Can Reason 11 be used or are you after R12 only

:clap: thanks for the community involvement it's really nice to see :clap:

guitfnky

04 Dec 2021

this would be fun, except for the genre limitation. always gotta go with the grain, I guess. :(
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

flexluthor

04 Dec 2021

Roadmap.....

For years you guys said that your RE development was independent of the core program. When people complained that you just kept putting out REs with no improvement in the core program the line was "RE development is separate from Reason". Ok, cool. So why are you lumping this into your Reason roadmap? If you are going to sell it separately to Reason owners, then it shouldn't be in your roadmap for reason. I don't care about RE you are putting out (when according to you they are developed by a different team than the core reason team). I do care about the improvements you promised to bring to Reason. I don't care about giving you any more money when you haven't even begun do deliver what you promised for this version of Reason.

outdatedstandard

04 Dec 2021

I have supported Reason all these years by purchasing updates and REs. But now you are asking me to advertise the Bassline Generator with a happy face, although it is available to me separately for money. Are you not ashamed? The new user gets this $ 1 for 3 months, and the old user with 12 versions has to pay. This is discrimination against old users, and this is very sad.

challism

04 Dec 2021

outdatedstandard wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2021
I have supported Reason all these years by purchasing updates and REs. But now you are asking me to advertise the Bassline Generator with a happy face, although it is available to me separately for money. Are you not ashamed? The new user gets this $ 1 for 3 months, and the old user with 12 versions has to pay. This is discrimination against old users, and this is very sad.
How is this discrimination? Offering new users a low price to try something is common and not discriminatory, IMO. Do if you think you are entitled to free REs because you have been a long time supporter of RS? That's what it sounds like you are saying. That's like saying you deserve a new Honda every time Honda comes out with a new model because you bought a Honda back in 2005. Would you be upset if Honda offered incentives to new buyers? You got exactly what you were promised when you purchased any past Reason-related product.

I think it's great that RS are reaching out to include their userbase in creation of promotional material. How fun!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

PhillipOrdonez

04 Dec 2021

Yikes! Imagine if they hadn't asked to keep the thread clean.

I'd argue that just because a user doesn't care about Res, doesn't mean Reason studios can't put them as part of their roadmap. After all, they are an instruments company first and foremost.

And the second one, discriminating? πŸ™„ Come on, man, that's beyond low effort. I don't feel that way at all, and if you think the subscription route is so great (it is not at all πŸ˜‚), then sell your perpetual license and subscribe for 1 for 3 months or whatever πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ. They don't owe us anything other than a good product that works well, and I certainly think it is a good product, has been a good product for like 20 years, and they are working on improving the latest release. I can wait for them to iron out the release, and look forward to their rack extensions that they tend to sell separately and that's fine. I buy what I like or need, and don't buy what I don't like or need.

Anyway πŸ™„

Is there a date for the release of this Re? I can't wait to see if it will fit my workflow.

challism

04 Dec 2021

Strange that they are pushing this into specific genres. Seems like it should only be limited to genres that have basslines. ;)

MarkTarlton

04 Dec 2021

Yeah you should drop the genre boundaries and just go with good musical ideas, and if someone happens to do folk, heavy metal, dub/reggae, rock, jazz, classical, etc... than that only helps broaden the scope of what you are selling.

plaamook

04 Dec 2021

challism wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2021
That's like saying you deserve a new Honda every time Honda comes out with a new model because you bought a Honda back in 2005. Would you be upset if Honda offered incentives to new buyers? You got exactly what you were promised when you purchased any past Reason-related product.
For the record, I contacted Toyota about that free upgrade. They told me to go screw.
So it's not just Props

Or Honda
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

outdatedstandard

05 Dec 2021

04 Dec 2021
04 Dec 2021
How is this discrimination? Offering new users a low price to try something is common and not discriminatory, IMO. Do if you think you are entitled to free REs because you have been a long time supporter of RS? That's what it sounds like you are saying. That's like saying you deserve a new Honda every time Honda comes out with a new model because you bought a Honda back in 2005. Would you be upset if Honda offered incentives to new buyers? You got exactly what you were promised when you purchased any past Reason-related product.

I think it's great that RS are reaching out to include their userbase in creation of promotional material. How fun!
This is not the case.

I buy a Honda from my dealer every 2-3 years. This year I also bought a Honda from my dealer. I own the latest Honda 12 model.
My friend never bought a Honda and rented a Honda 12 for 3 months for $ 1. My dealer also said he would give my friend a present - a new $ 99 audio system.

I went to my dealer and asked for a gift too. But my dealer said that he would not give a gift, but offered to buy it for $ 99 .

Why is that? All these years my dealer has been paid from my money, and my friend gets everything for free?

dasmode

05 Dec 2021

05 Dec 2021
I went to my dealer and asked for a gift too. But my dealer said that he would not give a gift, but offered to buy it for $ 99 .

Why is that? All these years my dealer has been paid from my money, and my friend gets everything for free?
Yes, I also invested several thousand dollars in Reason Stidios, but now you are not interested in Reason Stidios. You're too old and choosy for Reason Stidios. It's easier to get $1 from a new user than to get $99 out of you.

It's a shame, but it's business. So watch others smile at gifts from Reason Studios.

challism

05 Dec 2021

05 Dec 2021
04 Dec 2021

This is not the case.

I buy a Honda from my dealer every 2-3 years. This year I also bought a Honda from my dealer. I own the latest Honda 12 model.
My friend never bought a Honda and rented a Honda 12 for 3 months for $ 1. My dealer also said he would give my friend a present - a new $ 99 audio system.

In your example. you could sell your Honda and lease a new one for $1. It isn't upon the dealer to give you an amazing price for the used Honda you bought, or to offer you anything else. Similarly, where in the Reason documentation does it say they are going to give away all future REs to perpetual license holders (ie, the Honda's $99 audio system)?

So sell your license of Reason and subscribe to R+. They will give you that amazing intro price if you start a new account. Your argument doesn't seem to hold much water, from where I am sitting.

Anyway... let's get back on topic, please. If you want to further discuss the ins and outs/pros and cons of subscription vs perpetual models, there are countless other threads already on RT for that. This thread is for discussing how to be a part of the Bassline Generator launch.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2021

Cool to hear this is coming soon and looking forward to seeing what the player could do. I wouldn't have a clue how to make a high quality video though so sadly this opportunity is not for me but great for those that do.

Now if you had said you would accept vhs video cassette or Polaroid pictures that's more achievable for someone of my age :lol:

guitfnky

05 Dec 2021

05 Dec 2021
04 Dec 2021

This is not the case.

if your friend is renting Reason, they're not getting a free giftβ€”they're renting that too. that's a big difference. they don't own anything.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021
05 Dec 2021

This is not the case.

if your friend is renting Reason, they're not getting a free giftβ€”they're renting that too. that's a big difference. they don't own anything.
Just a minor detail they like to ignore in order to make "a point", right? πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ πŸ™„

robotgard

05 Dec 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021
guitfnky wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021

Just a minor detail they like to ignore in order to make "a point", right? πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ πŸ™„
minor detail are minor changes in version 12 and a big problem with the interface.

Dealer sells defective Honda and cannot repair. Each time he says, we are not in time, we are not in time. At the same time, he has time to sell new gifts for $99.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Dec 2021

robotgard wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021
05 Dec 2021

minor detail are minor changes in version 12 and a big problem with the interface.

Dealer sells defective Honda and cannot repair. Each time he says, we are not in time, we are not in time. At the same time, he has time to sell new gifts for $99.
This would only make sense if the dealer was doing the repairs himself. A one man dealership/car factory. Impressive non existent scenario, dude. Tell me more.

Hoboys

05 Dec 2021

05 Dec 2021
05 Dec 2021

This would only make sense if the dealer was doing the repairs himself. A one man dealership/car factory. Impressive non existent scenario, dude. Tell me more.
Here's the ACTUAL scenario, "dude": the dealer sold me the car saying the car was defective, but with a promise that for the money I'd given him, he would hire more technicians and would be able to fix the defects. Instead, he hired a new person for damage control and 0 technicians and went on selling the audio systems like nothing ever happened.

You are avoiding conflict to a point where you have no self-esteem and it's just painful to read. Have some backbone ffs.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Dec 2021

Hoboys wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021
05 Dec 2021

Here's the ACTUAL scenario, "dude": the dealer sold me the car saying the car was defective, but with a promise that for the money I'd given him, he would hire more technicians and would be able to fix the defects. Instead, he hired a new person for damage control and 0 technicians and went on selling the audio systems like nothing ever happened.

You are avoiding conflict to a point where you have no self-esteem and it's just painful to read. Have some backbone ffs.
Lots of wrong assumptions being made here on your part and your maybe other accounts on an unrelated fucking thread.

future-bit

05 Dec 2021

05 Dec 2021
05 Dec 2021

The real-life scenario is colorful RS videos that hide an unpleasant truth: Reason 12's huge and unresolved issues. Rather than telling the truth, RS is looking for fans like you who will happily argue how fun it is to work in Reason 12.

But first of all, you are deceiving yourself, dude.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Dec 2021

You forgot that you are using a new account on each post. Are you getting paid to attack Reason studios?

guitfnky

05 Dec 2021

future-bit wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2021
05 Dec 2021

The real-life scenario is colorful RS videos that hide an unpleasant truth: Reason 12's huge and unresolved issues. Rather than telling the truth, RS is looking for fans like you who will happily argue how fun it is to work in Reason 12.

But first of all, you are deceiving yourself, dude.
it IS fun to work in Reason., even though it still has issues. these aren't at all mutually exclusive.

and can we drop the Honda analogy? it's painful to read so many posts from folks who don't understand how analogies work. πŸ˜…

• Information