[solved] Bought Reason 11 Suite UPGRADE license by accident. HELP!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jorg1989

03 Dec 2021

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum and would like your help on something.
I've know about Reason for years, but never got around to buying it. Last week I though I was buying Reason 11 Suite (with free upgrade to Reason 12) to finally enjoy it :D , but I accidentally bought the Reason 11 Suite upgrade. :cry:
Since I do not own a Reason product, I have nothing to upgrade from! The website is legit, but refuses to let me return this unused software. :?

Thefore I have two questions:
- Does anyone have a previous version of Reason which they would like to upgrade to Reason 11 Suite (and immediately after to Reason 12)? I will gladly sell my unused Reason 11 Suite upgrade to you! :thumbup:
Since it is unused you only need the License number and Registration code to upgrade. I have nothing installed, so there is no need to deactivate or deauthorize something.
- If there are no interested buyers, could you advise me on the best/cheapest way to enjoy the purchased Reason 11 Suite upgrade? For example: buy Reason 5 second hand and upgrade that? :?

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best regards,
Jorg

Loque

03 Dec 2021

Curious too. You cannot buy Reason 11 Suite upgrade anymore.
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

03 Dec 2021

What store was it?

You're going to need to settle this issue with them, I would suggest keeping the suite license as it will give you a good collection of rack extensions - but you are definitely looking at another bill for a full license.

BumCuddle

03 Dec 2021

You are going to have to find the cheapest way of getting on to the licence chain either from Reason Studios or a legit 2nd hand seller.

rootwheel

03 Dec 2021

jorg1989 wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Since I do not own a Reason product, I have nothing to upgrade from!
You could try either selling the upgrade license on here: https://www.knobcloud.com/ or instead use that site to buy one of the already listed second hand Reason licenses on there (there's a Reason 10 listed on there right now for example). You could buy that first and then register your Suite upgrade to your account afterwards to get all the goodies it brings (adds a load of REs to your account plus upgrades you to the R11 core app and the Reason Rack Plugin).

Hope that helps.
Last edited by rootwheel on 03 Dec 2021, edited 2 times in total.

joeyluck

03 Dec 2021

My point is I have never heard of any store not accepting the return of unregistered software. So I'm curious what store this was purchased from.

Billy+

03 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
03 Dec 2021
My point is I have never heard of any store not accepting the return of unregistered software. So I'm curious what store this was purchased from.
Exactly the same reason I asked the same question, it's very rare to not get a refund although some stores in the U.K. will not refund the cash and instead try to issue you with a store credit when it comes to games or software.

Billy+

03 Dec 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
03 Dec 2021
You are going to have to find the cheapest way of getting on to the licence chain either from Reason Studios or a legit 2nd hand seller.
Reason Studios is going to want you to buy R12 at full price and then your going to need to hassle it out over the R11 suite license, finding an unregistered R10 is going to be impossible so that leaves one option a license transfer.

jorg1989

08 Dec 2021

Hi all,

Thank you for your reactions! :clap:
To get back to your questions:

What store did I buy it from?

Dutch music store De Dijk (https://dedijkmusicstore.nl/?s=reason&post_type=product)
As you can see they (also) offer Reason products from Reason 11 and up, always (dis)claiming free upgrades to Reason 12 (which is part of the reason I got confused).
It is clearly stated software is not eligible for returns, and with some searching around on other sites this seems common practice :| (Thank go for Steam's return policy :mrgreen: )

@BumCuddle
Find the cheapest way of getting on to the licence chain.
Yeah, that was also my conclusion. But which Reason product to buy and where is why I need you guys :)
As suggested finding Reason 10 to buy second hand would be difficult.
rootwheel wrote:
03 Dec 2021
jorg1989 wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Since I do not own a Reason product, I have nothing to upgrade from!
You could try either selling the upgrade license on here: https://www.knobcloud.com/ or instead use that site to buy one of the already listed second hand Reason licenses on there (there's a Reason 10 listed on there right now for example). You could buy that first and then register your Suite upgrade to your account afterwards to get all the goodies it brings (adds a load of REs to your account plus upgrades you to the R11 core app and the Reason Rack Plugin).
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the suggestion! This is what I ended up doing: buying Reason 10 on the suggested website. Currently pending if everything will turn out allright, but I hope it does. I will let you guys know :thumbup:

jorg1989

11 Dec 2021

To end this topic: the second hand Reason 10 was transferred without a hitch and upgraded to Reason 11 Suite and Reason 12 well! Solved. Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

moneykube

11 Dec 2021

jorg1989 wrote:
11 Dec 2021
To end this topic: the second hand Reason 10 was transferred without a hitch and upgraded to Reason 11 Suite and Reason 12 well! Solved. Thanks again for the suggestions and help.
great news... enjoy your MANY new toys !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

BumCuddle

11 Dec 2021

Good to hear! Now go play :thumbup:

• Information