Reason 11 Channel 1 Latency

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bbeahen

18 Nov 2021

Hello!

I recently reached out to Reason because I'm having latency in Channel One when I'm recording. 30ms delay in just CH1; all other channels work fine. Reason customer service acknowledged that it is a known issue, and there is no fix in Reason 11. Instead, I was told I need to upgrade to Reason 12, and PAY FOR IT!

Has anyone else run into this issue, and how was it resolved? I refuse to pay $200usd for a new version of Reason to fix an issue that they know is their problem.

EnochLight

18 Nov 2021

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

BonsaiMacKay

18 Nov 2021

This is true. This is a video of the delayed reaction of Channel One when bouncing.
OAaRV.gif
OAaRV.gif (995.57 KiB) Viewed 420 times

Billy+

18 Nov 2021

bbeahen wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Hello!

I recently reached out to Reason because I'm having latency in Channel One when I'm recording. 30ms delay in just CH1; all other channels work fine. Reason customer service acknowledged that it is a known issue, and there is no fix in Reason 11. Instead, I was told I need to upgrade to Reason 12, and PAY FOR IT!

Has anyone else run into this issue, and how was it resolved? I refuse to pay $200usd for a new version of Reason to fix an issue that they know is their problem.
Yes unfortunately R11 was abandoned with a few officially acknowledged bugs that never got resolved and instead R12 was released with even more problems.

However if recording is more important to you then you might want to try downloading the 11.3.4 version which most believe is missing that particular bug however it does contain a ram bug.

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

In the mean time, when I reported this issue I found it is affected by monitor mode - I’m not at my computer and can’t remember the specifics but try switching to manual monitor mode and see if the changes anything - you may need to monitor externally IIRC…
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information