Reason Studios updates their roadmap (November 17, 2021)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 213
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021


drun robots
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Sep 2021

Post 17 Nov 2021

So... in this post
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/road ... ct-officer
Mr. Erikson says: "It’s worth mentioning that, for most users Reason 12 works perfectly, but for others it’s causing real issues."

I disagree with "most users"... You see, I have run all the updates since R6 in a Windows system... and never had a major crash, minor bugs yes, but this is the first time I have bought an upgrade but don't use it. From running it a couple of times... I just cannot trust it for producing serious stuff.
I believe I am the average user... Windows11, Focusrite USB interface, 32Gb of RAM, i7@3.8GHz... and I use it just for music. In Portuguese we say "at first all fall, second the one who want it, third only who want to fall"... Luckly R11 is still a beast and can handle what I have in hands to finish.
drunkrobots.bandcamp.com

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2865
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

:thumbs_up:
Last edited by avasopht on 18 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
---

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and split this into its own topic so that more people will see the update. I updated the other thread as well with its post date.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and split this into its own topic so that more people will see the update. I updated the other thread as well with its post date.
You might want to grab my last post and merge into the thread ;)
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021
joeyluck wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and split this into its own topic so that more people will see the update. I updated the other thread as well with its post date.
You might want to grab my last post and merge into the thread ;)
Not sure what you mean, but I added a note to the other thread directing to here. I also made this thread a sticky.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Nov 2021


You might want to grab my last post and merge into the thread ;)
Not sure what you mean, but I added a note to the other thread directing to here. I also made this thread a sticky.
I created a post with the details , but it's gone now.....don't worry about it someone else can redo it.....
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 213
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

Having read the blog post, I'm somewhat reassured to hear they're scrapping the "smart browser" for now. It always seemed like the least important of all the features on the roadmap.

I just hope the bug where the browser doesn't remember collapsed folders is fixed soon. That's actually been the most annoying issue in R12 for me, small as it might seem.

And as for whether R12 is "perfect" for most users, there are bugs in R12 that do affect everyone (such as aforementioned browser issue). So in that sense, it's not perfect. But I think we all know what was meant by that sentence, which is that the show-stopping performance bugs don't affect most users. And that's undoubtedly true.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Having read the blog post, I'm somewhat reassured to hear they're scrapping the "smart browser" for now. It always seemed like the least important of all the features on the roadmap.

I just hope the bug where the browser doesn't remember collapsed folders is fixed soon. That's actually been the most annoying issue in R12 for me, small as it might seem.

And as for whether R12 is "perfect" for most users, there are bugs in R12 that do affect everyone (such as aforementioned browser issue). So in that sense, it's not perfect. But I think we all know what was meant by that sentence, which is that the show-stopping performance bugs don't affect most users. And that's undoubtedly true.
Well I'm still hopeful for tags! For example, the only reverbs revealed in a search for "reverb" are those plugins with "reverb" in the name :\

I want the search to help me find things and remind me what I have, not just locate things by name which I need to know beforehand.

And I hope when they fix the collapse feature, that they add the option/alt-click to expand/collapse all :-)

Heater
Posts: 550
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

Native M1 no later then May. Hugely disappointed customer here.

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 213
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Well I'm still hopeful for tags! For example, the only reverbs revealed in a search for "reverb" are those plugins with "reverb" in the name :\

I want the search to help me find things and remind me what I have, not just locate things by name which I need to know beforehand.
Agreed, tags would be super useful. I'd just rather have VST3 and M1 support if I had to choose :puf_smile:
I also realized recently that we can put devices into favorites lists, which helps a bit for categorizing. I guess that was added years ago, and I somehow missed it.

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3019
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

drun robots wrote:
17 Nov 2021
So... in this post
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/road ... ct-officer
Mr. Erikson says: "It’s worth mentioning that, for most users Reason 12 works perfectly, but for others it’s causing real issues."

I disagree with "most users"... You see, I have run all the updates since R6 in a Windows system... and never had a major crash, minor bugs yes, but this is the first time I have bought an upgrade but don't use it. From running it a couple of times... I just cannot trust it for producing serious stuff.
I believe I am the average user... Windows11, Focusrite USB interface, 32Gb of RAM, i7@3.8GHz... and I use it just for music. In Portuguese we say "at first all fall, second the one who want it, third only who want to fall"... Luckly R11 is still a beast and can handle what I have in hands to finish.
I’m one of those users it works perfectly fine for and can confirm that I’ve seen people here with the same setup I have experiencing issues. Sadly, it’d be easier for them fix if it were an issue for most. But it looks like the fixing should be done by January according to this update.

WOO
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Post 17 Nov 2021

Regarding the road map. Can someone explain to me what "enabling tech" is and how it applies to software development and leads to all this innovation? Yes I read the wikipedia article and several others and none of it made any sense to me.
"A man is like a rabbit, you catch him by the ears" La Rochefoucauld

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3019
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

WOO wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Regarding the road map. Can someone explain to me what "enabling tech" is and how it applies to software development and leads to all this innovation? Yes I read the wikipedia article and several others and none of it made any sense to me.
Probably the most layman’s terms definition you can get.
An enabling technology is defined as “Equipment and/or methodology that, alone or in combination with associated technologies, provides the means to generate giant leaps in performance and capabilities of the user.” [Business Dictionary]
It just means they’re developing a new way of working that may speed things up in the near future.

DJMaytag
Posts: 398
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 17 Nov 2021

New bassline generator: please be a port of Rebirth’s 303 engine, without any of the copyright/trademark issues that Rebirth might have had.

Stamatz
Posts: 51
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Location: NY/USA

Post 17 Nov 2021

For all those people asking for Reasons reply/comment/update, here it is. I like the CPO's transparency/honesty and think the communication and sharing is fantastic.

Don't like the timeline but ahh I don't like a lot of things...lol Seriously I can live with that.

As I said the update and transparancy is great and hope they continue to provide once a month.

One thing I'm confused about is when is the next update coming? Days or weeks away?

I'm fine either way just confused as I think I read it would be days away but the CPO is making it sound like weeks away?

It's late, tired eyes I may not be reading or remembering right, again fine either way just curious/confused...lol
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Presonus Audiobox 96, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 4.7 GHZ, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 500GB SSD, 2TB 7200 HD, 500GB SSD:refillpacker:

WOO
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Post 17 Nov 2021

QVprod wrote:
17 Nov 2021
WOO wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Regarding the road map. Can someone explain to me what "enabling tech" is and how it applies to software development and leads to all this innovation? Yes I read the wikipedia article and several others and none of it made any sense to me.
Probably the most layman’s terms definition you can get.
An enabling technology is defined as “Equipment and/or methodology that, alone or in combination with associated technologies, provides the means to generate giant leaps in performance and capabilities of the user.” [Business Dictionary]
It just means they’re developing a new way of working that may speed things up in the near future.
Or create more confusion and chaos.
"A man is like a rabbit, you catch him by the ears" La Rochefoucauld

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4019
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Nov 2021

glad to know they’re still working on more devices. the seven thousand devices we’ve already got in Reason just aren’t enough!
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1323
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 17 Nov 2021

Anyone else wondering what happened to the previous Chief Product Officer?

jaeproduced
Posts: 127
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 17 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Anyone else wondering what happened to the previous Chief Product Officer?

Yeah I thought product manager was Mattias job? :?

whitewolfmusic
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Sep 2021

Post 17 Nov 2021

I love the honest and detailed communication in this blog post. Personally, I am more forgiving and patient, as long as I know what's going on. I understand that some undertakings need more time than anticipated and I'm always for quality releases than frequency. That is not a free ticket to become slow and lazy, though. ;)

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3019
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
17 Nov 2021
DaveyG wrote:
17 Nov 2021
Anyone else wondering what happened to the previous Chief Product Officer?

Yeah I thought product manager was Mattias job? :?
I believe his current title is Product Manger of Music Making or something like that. Formally just Product Manager. CPO would be a level above that.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1323
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 18 Nov 2021

Previous CPO was Timothy something I think.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9549
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

Reason12, Win10

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 180
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 18 Nov 2021

Wikkid.... my new title:

Product Functionality Analyst ... AKA Beta Tester...
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], NoisiaTHX, Trendiction [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 11 guests