Unable to open Reason yesterday

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bigbadjon303

17 Nov 2021

Hi All,

I was using Reason 12+ most of yesterday writing my next Track without issue.
Finished about 5-6 pm then tried starting it up again a few hours later and it said "unable to Authorise" and wouldn't let me in.
I checked into the Reason+ Companion and it said "something went wrong" and there was no history of my Subscription!
Now I saw there were a few issues with Google Cloud yesterday and was wondering if it was related?
I left it a few hours and all seem to work again without any further error messages. All fine today too.
Did any other users have any problems like the above yesterday? Or was it my end?

Luckily I'm not a gigging musician anymore but if I was, there is no way you could rely on a Reason Sub if you were playing live?
There needs to be some way to use the Subscription model offline.

Cheers
Jon

xbitz

17 Nov 2021

#meetoo

"Or was it my end?" so no
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

Tinnitus

17 Nov 2021

I logged on at lunch and when I loaded an old song found that I couldn't authorise. Fine by 6pm GMT though.
Appears to be unplanned downtime. You'd have thought there would have been a fail over?
Last edited by Tinnitus on 17 Nov 2021, edited 2 times in total.

jam-s

17 Nov 2021

Oh the joys of the cloud. It never fai..

MarkTarlton

17 Nov 2021

I bought R12 so I can authorize one computer without having to sign in. I do a lot of mobile work and there has been a few times where I couldn't log in, and that is no fun when you already have a session that needs more work done but can't open it. I also have a dongle key from the Reason 5/Record days just in case, you can never be too prepared as far as I'm concerned.

One bummer I have been experiencing lately in a Reason file, is it decides to go into like a demo mode, but it's even worse because I can't use any key commands, it's pretty much useless when it happens, the first time I was worried because I didn't realize once you quit the application it opens a save dialog so you can at least save your work and not lose anything, but man was it a stress the first time it happened. It seems like when I trial RE's is when it is more likely to happen, but I'm not 100% sure.

Heigen5

17 Nov 2021

I wish we R+ users could still use dongle too because of the possible internet problems. Maybe authorizing would ask us to log in via an internet once a month or once a year when a new annual year payment day arrives?

• Information