1. Login / Create a Reason Studios account.
- You will need to create a Reason Studios account to access the downloads, but there is no requirement for payment info upfront and running Reason in demo mode will not cost you anything. https://www.reasonstudios.com/account/
- You can download the latest stable version of Reason from here:
- You can also download Reason from the Reason Studios website using BitTorrent:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... BitTorrent
4. Select 'Demo Mode'
More about Demo Mode from the manual:
With Demo mode you can still check out the new Combinator, Mimic, the new graphics, the browser and any of the other features that are new to you that are a part of Reason.Running Reason in Demo Mode
Demo Mode is only available in the stand-alone version of Reason - not in Reason Rack Plugin.
If you don't have a Reason license, or if you don’t have an authorized computer, you can run Reason in Demo Mode:
1. Launch Reason.
The following window shows up:
2. Click the "Demo Mode" button.
Reason launches in Demo Mode. The Demo Mode indicator lights up to the right on the Sequencer Transport Panel:
Running Reason in demo mode allows you to perform all operations as in authorized mode, with three exceptions:
• You cannot export audio or bounce mixer channels to disk.
• You will not have access to any Rack Extension devices (except for the included Radical
Piano, Synchronous, Softube Amps, Audiomatic and Pulsar Rack Extensions).
• You cannot open songs.
The only songs that can be opened in demo mode are the dedicated demo songs (file extensions ".rsndemo" (Reason Demo Song), ".reedemo" (Reason Essentials Demo Song), ".reidemo" (Reason Demo Song), ".reltdemo" (Reason Lite Demo Song) and ".recdemo" (Record Demo Song)). Demo songs can be accessed from the “Open Demo Song” item in the File menu.
If you lose the Internet Connection while running Reason with Internet Verification, the program will automatically enter Demo Mode. You can continue to work, and save your songs as usual. When you reconnect to the Internet, Reason will automatically revert to authorized mode and the Demo Mode indicator will go off.
If you decide to give Reason+ a spin for 30 days for $1, that will give you full authorized access—meaning you can export audio, open songs, and have access to your Rack Extensions. It will also give you access to every RE made by Reason Studios as well as access to Sound Packs via Companion. But otherwise, the demo mode is still a great way to give Reason a try. It's how many of us had demoed Reason for the first time and new versions as they were released.