MIDI keyboard stopped working R12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
generdude

27 Oct 2021

I've had R12 for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden my keyboard is not detected. I was working on a song, left it open, and when I came back it just produced no sound. I've gone into Reason Preferences and my keyboard is x'd out in red. When I try to find it manually, I get this message:
Remote Codec Errors:
Line 2: Missing: File Format Version.
Failed to read map file: MIDI Controller.remotemap.

I have disconnected and reconnected it to no avail. I substituted an older Oxygen keyboard, nothing there. I have quit and restarted Reason, no help there. And I have restarted the computer. Nothing changes.
On Screen Piano Keyboard produces sound and works fine.

Oxygen8 v2 (I know it's old, but..) Preset 10
2019 iMac, Mojave

Thanks in advance for reading my post. Hopefully it's operator error and something simple.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2021

Try adding it as a general midi keyboard and see if it works?

General midi tends to detect anything. So if it still doesn't work, sounds like it could be a problem with your keyboard.

Also try a different usb port
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

generdude

30 Oct 2021

Well, this may be helpful to anyone in a similar situation. The keyboard is plugged into a USB hub (Plugable) which is connected to the back of the computer. That plug in the back of the computer was loose, which caused the problem. The reason I didn't check cables is that even though that connection was loose the keyboard was still lit up like usual. So even though it looked connected the software still couldn't see it. Learn something new every day...

• Information