Trouble editing piano notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Shannon

24 Oct 2021

Hi everyone,
This is probably very simple but I cannot figure it out. I am new to Reason 12. I recorded piano notes. When I double click on them to manually edit them, it is not zoomed in enough. I want the top line numbers to not be 1,3,5,7 etc. I need to see in between and have things zoomed well. I need to see inbetween 1 and 2. You know... I hit zoom and it only zooms the part that shows what instruments are there, like the drums, piano, bells or whatever. Please help. I need to edit or I am doomed. I looked at the documentation part and cant find anything to help. Thank you so much!

huggermugger

24 Oct 2021

Type 'G' and 'H' on your keyboard to zoom in and out horizontally.

Or, if you have a wheel on your mouse, Shift/Cmd or Shift/Ctrl while you spin the wheel.

huggermugger

24 Oct 2021

You can also zoom by dragging either end of this bar to 'stretch' the view, and you can go to another area by dragging the whole bar left or right.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 9.47.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 9.47.14 AM.png (55.04 KiB) Viewed 312 times

Aquila

25 Oct 2021

You can also select the notes you want to edit first, then hit Z and Reason will zoom in to fit your selection.

stratatonic

25 Oct 2021

Shannon wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Please help. I need to edit or I am doomed.
Shannon, I have come out of exile to help you edit.
I don't want you to be doomed. :cry:

When you double click a clip to get to edit mode, you may see a huge whack of notes. It all depends on the size of the clip.
Clicking "Z" will show all your midi notes in that clip. If that is too many notes, you can Razor your clips smaller.
Pressing "R" will give you a razor mode with your mouse and you can slice your clips smaller. Maybe the length of the verse would be better for you? Maybe one bar?
Clicking the clip now (after clicking "Q" to get out of Razor mode) and pressing Z will now show your notes in that verse. Or bar.
Easier to edit. You can also use everyone else's method too.
Please don't doom out on us.

• Information