Midi routing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Stunning

19 Oct 2021

Hi. I am looking to buy an edrum kit to enter drums into kong. Not all edrums use the same notes as Kong, and not all edrums support user defined midi mapping. Is there a workaround? Some say you can use Thor to direct notes to other notes into a second device (Kong in this case). Is there a turorial on this somewhere? As I understand, Kong uses notes 36 -51. Is this correct? I look forward to your response which might save me £80!

Grateful for any suggestions

Sterioevo

20 Oct 2021

TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer - https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ltiplexer/

You could do it with a bunch of one note stands in a combinator and key mapped - https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ote-stand/ (free).

Pepin

20 Oct 2021

Are the notes used still consecutive? If so, you could just transpose them in a Combinator.

Stunning

20 Oct 2021

Thank you for the tips fellows. I don't know if the notes are consecutive. They are probably not. Would this matter you think?

Jackjackdaw

20 Oct 2021

Stunning wrote:
20 Oct 2021
Thank you for the tips fellows. I don't know if the notes are consecutive. They are probably not. Would this matter you think?
They probably aren’t consecutive. Probably GM mapped which is all over the keyboard. It doesn’t matter but it means you will need to apply some of the workarounds mentioned.

huggermugger

20 Oct 2021

If your e-drum kit doesn't allow remapping of the midi notes output from each pad, you've got an inferior e-drum kit. That said, this is one of those many situations where Delta comes to the rescue. Set up a map to transpose the sixteen notes (or however many you need). Save it. Use it again and again and again.

C'mon people BUY DELTA!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.09.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.09.57 AM.png (200.83 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Last edited by huggermugger on 20 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Jackjackdaw

20 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
20 Oct 2021
If your e-drum kit doesn't allow remapping of the midi notes output from each pad, you've got an inferior e-drum kit. That said, this is one of those many instances where Delta comes to the rescue. Set up a map to transpose the sixteen notes (or however many you need). Save it. Use it again and again and again.

C'mon people BUY DELTA!
+1 I would use delta for this too. I would also be wanting a E drum kit with assignable mapping.

• Information