Reason 12 LOTS of crashing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Matfink

15 Oct 2021

Hey all,
Have noticed after upgrading to v12 a LOT of crashes. NEVER had a crash with v9 & 10.
Doesn't crash in normal operation; just when changing presets several times in a vst (zebra, diva, hive, omnisphere): goes to not responding state and have to end process (so no crash log).
Anyone else seeing this?

guitfnky

15 Oct 2021

yes, unfortunately v12 is far more crash prone than any previous version I've ever used (going back to 5+Record). I have an open ticket with RS about a Reason 11 project that won't open in 12. sounds like they think it's a VST issue, and I'll need to try to verify that when I can get back home and actually check.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

earwig83

15 Oct 2021

reason 12 is garbage. no one will convince me otherwise. I'm sticking with it but my love for the company is zero now. zero

PS If i could compare reason 12's ambitions VS what it became to a recent game, it'd be cyberpunk 2077. Nothing but bugs and broken illusion.

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

Yes sadly right now, R12 is not where it should be. RS seems to know this and have laid out a roadmap but absent from that is an understanding that there are quite a lot of odd bugs that have arrived - possibly as a result of rushing to market - something raised in the Beta Forum but somewhat ignored.

I do hope that RS realize where the issues stem from (and I don't just mean in the code) and get themselves back on track.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Yonatan

16 Oct 2021

The update fixed some issues I had, but some more to clear off.
I think RS must realize it should have been released in October in a more finished manner, together with the road map.
Although it is software, it tend to be judged by the first impression by release. I am glad I do not depend on R12 for any paid work yet.
Hope greater stability will set in soon.

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

Reason is my center for (most) paid work (Hit Film Express being the other) and both managed to release new versions on the wrong kind of interesting at about the same time. Thankfully I have managed to work around it in both cases so *fingers crossed* I will be ok until there is a proper stable version.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

plaamook

16 Oct 2021

Yeah. Report that chit. Reproduce on logging version if you can.
I don’t use those plugs myself but I’ve reported a few already since PAYING for R12. Only one of em is a full on crash though.
Ive been pleasantly surprised by R12 but it ain’t really fit for human consumption yet is it.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Majestik Monkey

16 Oct 2021

I have a Growing list ' & still seemingly finding errors ' Both Re & Vst . Not yet filled out a Ticket ' Only because I am working in RS 11 , RS12 is Unworkable for me @ this moment in time ' Also my Computer starts Indexing constantly ' when in RS12 , & never stops until i reboot !?

I don't like having two Versions of Reason on my Machine ' Once Rs12 is more stable 'ill prolly go back to just using 12. :reason: :thumbup:

1/ Px7 / Not working ~

2/ Zero Hybrid / Not working ~

3/ Jp Harmony / Working from last Update! :clap:

4/ Revival / Not working ~

5 Noxious / Not working ~

6/ Mixfood Refresh / Not working ~

7/ Mixfood Unison / Not working ~

8/ Mixfood Orange / Working from last Update! :clap:

9/ Blackpole Station / Not working ~

guitfnky

16 Oct 2021

Majestik Monkey wrote:
16 Oct 2021
I have a Growing list ' & still seemingly finding errors ' Both Re & Vst . Not yet filled out a Ticket ' Only because I am working in RS 11 , RS12 is Unworkable for me @ this moment in time ' Also my Computer starts Indexing constantly ' when in RS12 , & never stops until i reboot !?

I don't like having two Versions of Reason on my Machine ' Once Rs12 is more stable 'ill prolly go back to just using 12. :reason: :thumbup:

1/ Px7 / Not working ~

wow, that's insane...I could see one, maybe two not working, but 7?--previously 9? yikes. :shock:
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Matfink

16 Oct 2021

Oh dear, not so good experiences all round! :(
Think I've narrowed down the reason for one crash - the new text rendering if a vst preset name is too long!
Will find where to log it, though it aint looking hopeful from your replies!

M

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

Yesterday, all the buttons on the F2 EQ disappeared. Everything worked but no idea what state I was in - except for knowing what looks like what. That was whilst a few Automation clips showed/disappeared their envelopes based on their relationship with Jupiter & Saturn via the Zoom function.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Majestik Monkey

16 Oct 2021

guitfnky wrote:
16 Oct 2021
Majestik Monkey wrote:
16 Oct 2021

1/ Px7 / Not working ~

wow, that's insane...I could see one, maybe two not working, but 7?--previously 9? yikes. :shock:
Yeah ' All The Synth's actually do make Sound, But they all display the same / screen latency behaviour / Unworkable ' U turn a dial or move a fader then sit back & wait for it
2 move in SLOW MO ?

KGB

16 Oct 2021

Having issues with Crave EQ2 (my favorite EQ). ATM, its the only plugin that I use that crashes Reason. Almost every time I close the VST window, the entire program turns into a light show and flashes uncontrollably.

Yonatan

17 Oct 2021

I think it would be handy to write what OS is used, PC Win or Mac.

In first release in September, I had performance issues, and crashes on my Macbook ”13 from 2011. I thought it was the end of that laptop to use as a initial idea making with Reason.
But the latest update did solve that and I had no issue yet when working from scratch, but have not tried to open older projects with vst so I bet there are things to work on.

Benedict
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2021

I'm on Win 10 (whatever latest pushed update is) with an NVIDIA 2070 Super. I mention the latter as I wonder if that may not be a factor in who has what ghosties.

Just did a session mixing that Rap (sorry Boom Bap) track in my thread in Tutorials and not a single thing was odd. I had just restarted the machine.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

tronam

18 Oct 2021

Reason used to be nigh uncrashable. Ah, those where the days. In all seriousness though, I'm sure RS aren't happy about it either. Everything about this release reeks of pressure further up the chain pushing for a pre-holiday launch as quickly as possible. I just hope it doesn't take an entire year to get it back to a stable state. The public roadmap is an encouraging development though.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

plaamook

18 Oct 2021

Reason also used to be much more basic.
It’s a decent enough trade off, depending on how your dice fall.

My current fav is that I’ve figured out how to crash mimic within an hour of using it. Logged, reported, but...still amazing. It’s a great sampler. Can’t wait for it to work properly.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plasticfractal

21 Oct 2021

It crashes a lot for me too. Fortunately, the only case where it crashes is after I close a song file. I always keep two song files open at at time. An empty one, and the real one I'm working on. That is because I don't like to sit through the Reason splash screen load every time I switch to work on a different song. What I have noticed now is, When I close the "real" song file I'm working on, it will sometimes just crash and close the "empty" song file I had open too. I've also noticed that if I have two real song files open, and I close one, if I try to start working in the other file too quickly, Reason will crash. There seems to be some kind of "unloading" process that Reason does after you think you have close a file, and that process appears to be unstable.

DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2021

Reason 12 is the DAW and/or plugin in worse state I've ever used, in 20 years. I bought it day 1 and still couldn't use it because it just has too much bugs and crashes with the stuff I use. Also, support is completely miserable. I've been waiting 22 days (and counting) for the latest response on their part, after the latest upgrade, even though i have insisted several times, no answer. Reason 11 ran perfectly, with none of these issues.

They just keep posting videos and not addressing what's happening. Terrible release, terrible communication, terrible support.

I'm sorry for my negative post, but I'm extremely disappointed.

Andee

27 Jun 2022

Hello Everybody!

I purchased Reason 12 as it was on sale for $79.6, but I was also disappointed. Support responded quickly saying that there will be an update soon to resolve these issues.

Please can someone tell me if they found solutions, or are we the same?

Thanks

• Information