MIDI Controller Drum Layouts

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
afterworkmerc

13 Oct 2021

forgive me if this question has been asked or if i am in the wrong section. i notice when using a midi controller that i have to find the octave that has the drum sounds in order. there also seems to be an octave or two where the samples are duplicated onto 3 keys, like the bass drum being on C, C# and D, then the snare on D#, E, F and so on with each sample. I also notice on the Dr. Rex there are some keys that play the whole rex file as is. is there a standard or more information about this layout. is it editable? i know about the GM drum standard layout - its how i learned to finger drum. i guess this pertains mostly to the dr. rex, redrum, kong and the other drum machines. with the full fledged samplers i realize you can interchange any note with any sample(s).

afterworkmerc

26 Oct 2021

Thank you for the reply. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I could have combed the manual, but THANK YOU!

jam-s

27 Oct 2021

You're welcome. The manual has lots of very useful info, is written really well and worth a read.

• Information