Reason 12 new combi patches

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Reminiscence

09 Oct 2021

Hey there,

not sure if this has been asked, but where are the newly added cmb2 patches in the factory soundbank? Supposedly there are some about though I can't tell the difference. :redface:

DJMaytag

09 Oct 2021

Combinator 2 loads old .cmb files. There's really no difference, except for the backwards incompatibility.

Reminiscence

09 Oct 2021

I meant to say rather where are the combinator 2 patches in the factory soundbank? They're all mixed up without any - added tag in the name of the preset. :P

DJMaytag

09 Oct 2021

Reminiscence wrote:
09 Oct 2021
I meant to say rather where are the combinator 2 patches in the factory soundbank? They're all mixed up without any - added tag in the name of the preset. :P
There is no such thing as a Combinator 2 patch.

joeyluck

09 Oct 2021

You'll find the favo file to download in this blog post: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/comb ... -reason-12

Download that and move it into the appropriate support folder (instructions there as well). You'll then see the new patches in that favorites list in the browser.

The new combinator is backwards compatible and will load any patch, including those created with the legacy combinator.

• Information