Reason 12 freezing reason 11 song plus various other issues.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
withnail

09 Oct 2021

I just upgraded to 12 from 10. I’m having several issues that I’m hoping one of you good people can help with..
1. The last reason 10 song i was working on freezes when I load it in 12. It loads but then reason just hangs indefinitely.

2. When I zoom by any amount, I can no longer click the expand icon in the top right hand corner to get the window to auto fit the screen. It just ignores me. I have to drag it to a decent fit.

3. I cannot get 12 to recognise to Associate with reason songs. Even if I do an ‘open with…reason 12 it still opens in reason 10 ( which is probably for the best anyway). I have to load 12 then load the song.

On top of this the graphic detail on some of the instruments is now even smaller. To zoom it to a usable level makes the instruments to wide for my portrait monitor. And the graphics look disappointingly average.

Thomman won’t accept me returning it or it would have gone back.10 was a dream to install and use.

Any help on these issues would be great. I’m on a Ryzen 5900 processor, Windows 10 pro and a new graphics card. All drivers up to date.
Cheers
Wn

huggermugger

09 Oct 2021

withnail wrote:
09 Oct 2021
I just upgraded to 12 from 10. I’m having several issues that I’m hoping one of you good people can help with..

Any help on these issues would be great. I’m on a Ryzen 5900 processor, Windows 10 pro and a new graphics card. All drivers up to date.
Cheers
Wn
It seems you still have 10 installed? Stick with that for a while until Props gets R12 out of Beta and into actual release.

Greg Savage

09 Oct 2021

withnail wrote:
09 Oct 2021
1. The last reason 10 song i was working on freezes when I load it in 12. It loads but then reason just hangs indefinitely.

2. When I zoom by any amount, I can no longer click the expand icon in the top right hand corner to get the window to auto fit the screen. It just ignores me. I have to drag it to a decent fit.

3. I cannot get 12 to recognise to Associate with reason songs. Even if I do an ‘open with…reason 12 it still opens in reason 10 ( which is probably for the best anyway). I have to load 12 then load the song.

On top of this the graphic detail on some of the instruments is now even smaller. To zoom it to a usable level makes the instruments to wide for my portrait monitor. And the graphics look disappointingly average.

Thomman won’t accept me returning it or it would have gone back.10 was a dream to install and use.

Cheers
Wn
Would you be open to sharing the session so we can see if we can duplicate the issue in 12? Or a simple session from 10 that also crashes in 12?
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

withnail

09 Oct 2021

I'll try to recreate the freeze issue.
The windows not maximising when I click the maximise button happens all the time though. It's when there is any kind of zoom active and when the screen in question is in portrait. When the screen is landscape it works fine.
Is this just my setup or is anyone else seeing this?

• Information