Getting rid of Reason 10 and 11 to save space

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Alandalton

09 Oct 2021

Hi all,

I have reason 10, 11 and 12 on my PC and running out of space on my C drive.

If I delete reason 10 and 11, can I run older projects on reason 12?

Also, are there different sound banks for all 3 iterations of reason or do they share a common sound bank?

Thank you,

Alan

Billy+

09 Oct 2021

You will be able to load all your old projects in the latest version without any trouble, and the latest sound banks will be fine but should include mimic and CMBv2 stuff so stick with that one

Just remember that if you save your old projects using the newer version that's the only one they will open in ;)
If you don't want that you can always save as new name and keep the older version i.e. Make duplicates :thumbup:

Alandalton

09 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Oct 2021
You will be able to load all your old projects in the latest version without any trouble, and the latest sound banks will be fine but should include mimic and CMBv2 stuff so stick with that one

Just remember that if you save your old projects using the newer version that's the only one they will open in ;)
If you don't want that you can always save as new name and keep the older version i.e. Make duplicates :thumbup:
That's great to know.

Thanks for your help Billy.

djadalaide

09 Oct 2021

I uninstalled v11 and had to delete the sound banks for it manually if i remember correctly, you can check to see here: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Soundbanks

huggermugger

09 Oct 2021

Each version has its own Factory Sound Bank. You can delete the older ones (I actually copied them onto a backup drive just for safety).

plaamook

09 Oct 2021

I’m gonna keep using 12 for a bit longer before I scrap 11.
I’ve already found some bugs in 12, nothing crazy, but I’ve got projects from 11 that are about to ripen and I need to be able to fin them on a stable version.
So...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Alandalton

09 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
09 Oct 2021
Each version has its own Factory Sound Bank. You can delete the older ones (I actually copied them onto a backup drive just for safety).
This is what I'm going to do.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

• Information