VSTs are too small now in Reason 12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ScuzzyEye

Post 19 Jan 2022

loui wrote:
19 Jan 2022
We are currently testing a new Auto-scale implementation in the Reason beta. This feature allows the user to select which VSTs should follow Windows scaling, and which should have auto-scaling set to Off. Since all VSTs behave differently with Windows scaling we decided it's better to have an option to toggle auto-scaling On/Off on a VST-individual basis. In the Reason 12.2.4 beta, it defaults with auto-scale set to Off for all installed VSTs.
That's a pretty good solution. Another DAW I use does it this way. The majority of the VSTs I use these days are HiDPI aware, and/or can scale their own interface based on user resizing. It's only a few older ones that show up tiny. For those I enabled the scaling option.

Just as long as it remembers which ones are scaled, and I don't have to turn it on each time.

earwig83

Post 19 Jan 2022

loui wrote:
19 Jan 2022
We are currently testing a new Auto-scale implementation in the Reason beta. This feature allows the user to select which VSTs should follow Windows scaling, and which should have auto-scaling set to Off. Since all VSTs behave differently with Windows scaling we decided it's better to have an option to toggle auto-scaling On/Off on a VST-individual basis. In the Reason 12.2.4 beta, it defaults with auto-scale set to Off for all installed VSTs.

Read more about the new auto-scale implementation in our beta section.

If you wish to participate in the beta, please sign up here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup and I will let you in.

Note, you are required to have a registered Reason 12 license, or a Reason+ subscription to run the R12 beta. If you have an older license, it will open in Demo mode as well.

/Loui
glad to hear this is being worked on.

• Information