Midi key presses 2 instrument notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Technetic

05 Oct 2021

Hi everyone. I have an issue with my midi controller (it is a Samson Graphite 49) connected to Reason.
In the midi devices there appears 5 intances (MIDIIN2 to MIDIIN5 plus Samson Graphite 49) and their check boxes.
I've noticed that when I press one key and set transpose to -1 octave reason responses with 2 notes in the same way keeping the first note sounding along the new transposed one as I press any key on the keyboar. This issue corrects when I uncheck MIDIIN2. I want to know if this could be a bug, since it has a very fair solution, but it is annoing anyway to know it's there.

mimidancer

05 Oct 2021

Technetic wrote:
05 Oct 2021
Hi everyone. I have an issue with my midi controller (it is a Samson Graphite 49) connected to Reason.
In the midi devices there appears 5 intances (MIDIIN2 to MIDIIN5 plus Samson Graphite 49) and their check boxes.
I've noticed that when I press one key and set transpose to -1 octave reason responses with 2 notes in the same way keeping the first note sounding along the new transposed one as I press any key on the keyboar. This issue corrects when I uncheck MIDIIN2. I want to know if this could be a bug, since it has a very fair solution, but it is annoing anyway to know it's there.
Make sure your controller is set to separated and unclick the input port. Also do not set as the master controller. Your board transmits on multi-channels reason is mashing them into one. So make sure you do not have any overlapping zones set.

• Information