Combinator question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ShawnG

05 Oct 2021

I suspect the answer to this question is "no" but imma ask anyway. I have purchased my first hardware synth this weekend (behringer Pro-1) and as such, I have new considerations in routing that I would like to suss out before I buy any more hardware, if I ever do. My synth's audio out is plugged in to a dedicated input on my interface, so I will not be plugging it in and out. I am able to get it working fine in Reason by using the Midi out device, linking it to the MIDI on the synth, creating an audio track, setting the correct input and then enabling monitoring so I can hear it while I use the midi track to play, all very easy to sort out, other than ultimately I'd like to just drag one thing onto the rack and go. Is there any way of linking a Combi containing a midi out device that will incorporate the audio in from hardware to go to it's own mix channel, so I don't have to set up the chain every time? like I said, I expect the answer is "no", but wanted to check with y'all before I give up.

Jackjackdaw

05 Oct 2021

I don't think so. Because any mix channel routing stuff doesn't get saved in the combi. You could save a project template though and set it to open on startup.

• Information