Reason Rockers Discord Server

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moofi

30 Sep 2021

I created a new Discord server for Reason called Reason Rockers.
Everyone feel free joining in. It´s simply there for a Reason :-D

Seriously though, I just originally created it to demonstrate how a discord server complimenting the forum could look like.
Then, it already being created, I thought it could potentially be useful for any possibly occuring immediate chat and also especially voicechat + streaming occasions, or just a place to chill if needed. :-)
Saying it´s simply there anyway, so whoever wants to chat/talk/post/stream can do so. No permissions are needed at all.

Even though there are quite a few chatchannels similar to the categories in the forum, it´s more like a quick tool, not necessarily a library, because discord is primarily layed out for immediate exchange, though it stores the chats and uploads permanently. You may have noticed me using it for uploading the Combinator 2 Valhalla patches.

Besides voice chat + standard chat Discord aswell allows for desktop/application streaming in voicechat channels by simply clicking a button or three so to speak (a window to be streamed can be chosen), hence I created a few specially purposed streaming voicechannels like Production, Teaching, Live-Performance and also Listening.
You can recognise voice channels by the speaker icon in the "Reason Talk" and also "Streams" categoriy.
Any categories/channels can be easily extended or added.

You can see members being online/offline, so it´s an easy way to contact someone via private + friendschat. One receives messages even if not online anyway.
Skype-like phonecalls are possible aswell. In addition the server shows any new posts being made in one´s absence.

Reason Rockers Discord Server:

https://discord.gg/4AEuMbpfaY

While it´s possible to use Discord via the browser I recommend installing the app:

https://discord.com/
Attachments
Reason Rockers.jpg
Reason Rockers.jpg (232.07 KiB) Viewed 740 times

moofi

01 Oct 2021

We are growing immensely already, the number of members increased by 150% from 2 to 5 :-D

Rising Night Wave

01 Oct 2021

hahaha

but moofi don't make joke out of this hehe although i laughed a lot hehe
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

gullum

01 Oct 2021

I just entered the room but I have no idea how this works :D need a map or gps to navigate

joeyluck

01 Oct 2021

I don't use discord, but I know others that do and apparently there is at least one other Reason discord channel. Not sure if you were aware of that. https://discord.com/invite/wnXKeT6

moofi

01 Oct 2021

:-D No, it wasn´t a joke, it was a positive affirmation :-D
Btw we are 8 by now :-)

Rising Night Wave wrote:
01 Oct 2021
hahaha

but moofi don't make joke out of this hehe although i laughed a lot hehe

moofi

01 Oct 2021

Well, you didn´t mention anything alike when we talked about it like two weeks ago, while only suggesting slack ;-)
Anyway, it´s been created, it´s there and we already got a vastly growing community, :-D
Could aswell simply be an alternative to the 630 members large Reason server you linked.
Whatsoever :-)
joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2021
I don't use discord, but I know others that do and apparently there is at least one other Reason discord channel. Not sure if you were aware of that. https://discord.com/invite/wnXKeT6

joeyluck

01 Oct 2021

moofi wrote:
01 Oct 2021
Well, you didn´t mention anything alike when we talked about it like two weeks ago, while only suggesting slack ;-)
Anyway, it´s been created, it´s there and we already got a vastly growing community, :-D
Could aswell simply be an alternative to the 630 members large Reason server you linked.
joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2021
Lol sorry. You were asking about a ReasonTalk discord, which we only have slack. I think there might be other slack channels too?

moofi

01 Oct 2021

No worries, I would have created a music server anyway, so it really doesn´t matter :-)
Being more overseeable memberwise it can have it´s benefits aswell.
joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2021
moofi wrote:
01 Oct 2021

Lol sorry. You were asking about a ReasonTalk discord, which we only have slack. I think there might be other slack channels too?

DaveyG

01 Oct 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Oct 2021
I just entered the room but I have no idea how this works :D need a map or gps to navigate
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe I need to find a teenager to train me.

moofi

01 Oct 2021

No worries, if you would like a little introduction to discord, you can simply message me, then we could do it quickly via voicechat or writingwise if you prefer. :-)
Just looking a little different at first. It´s quite simple. :-)
DaveyG wrote:
01 Oct 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Oct 2021
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe I need to find a teenager to train me.

integerpoet

01 Oct 2021

I joined it with my existing Discord account because why not? But right now it suffers from the usual bootstrapping ghost-town problem. Somebody needs to come up with a prompt for others to participate to get the ball rolling.

moofi

01 Oct 2021

Aah, no worries it´s simply there, starting posting some stuff. It´s basically relaxed anyway. :-)
Aswell we can talk a bit if anybody likes, after all Discord is mainly ment for voice while chatting/posting is a very welcomed byproduct. Like said streaming is easily possible for everyone technicalwise. We could check out each other´s current productions, give tips, demo RE or any plugins, etc. Currently I´m trialing quite a few RE and also already have many RE though mostly from 2014 and before. Aswell wrote in discord if anybody wants a demo of anything I have you can simply contact me. Gonna put an RE-list together.

Also if beginners could use some introduction to mixing, mastering etc, I´m happy to help.
Not a master yet myself, still since I´ve gotten into audioengineering in 2012 along the release of Rack Extensions and then deeper into soundsynthesis with a modular in 2014 I have at least a bit of experience in that area :-)
integerpoet wrote:
01 Oct 2021
I joined it with my existing Discord account because why not? But right now it suffers from the usual bootstrapping ghost-town problem. Somebody needs to come up with a prompt for others to participate to get the ball rolling.

moofi

01 Oct 2021

Hey everyone having joined in so far. We are at the astonishing amount of 12 members by now :-D

nickb523
RE Developer

01 Oct 2021

Navi Retlav also runs a Reason discord group that is fairly active - https://discord.gg/S6yff9kt

moofi

01 Oct 2021

Yes, thank you, already got the link via discord :-)

Then I´m gonna focus on the new server for now. Like said, I would have created a music (production) server anyway.
Not necessarily the way it is layed out, yet visiting the forum a lot and working bascially exclusively in Reason for now it´s fitting aswell.
Potentially it could comparably focus on actual voice chatting + streaming.

The original idea creating a musicrelated server was about posting and also storing along communicating with friends while the streaming + voice options allow for easy teaching.

I am about to give a friend being pretty fresh into musicmaking an introduction to audio engineering.
Thus communication/streaming via discord comes in handy.

Saying, it´s a natural process based on events happening. I prefer it smooth anyway :-D

nickb523 wrote:
01 Oct 2021
Navi Retlav also runs a Reason discord group that is fairly active - https://discord.gg/S6yff9kt

• Information