Size of HD Assets in Rack Extensions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

19 Sep 2021

So far I have downloaded/updated three HD REs.
RYM2612 has 128 mb of HD assets
Cakewalk - 49mb
Selig Gain - 28mb

Since I am unlikely to use the R12 Application Zoom of anything but 100% (the browser and transport just get too big over 100% for me), I'm wondering if it even makes sense in my situation to download anymore HD REs? Or maybe just a select few.
Because I'm suspecting that there may be some REs out there with huge assets.
I don't mind the Selig Gain low footprint, but what are we looking at for other HD REs out there?

joeyluck

19 Sep 2021

Yeah I've only been updating them on a case by case scenario. There are some that I have always wanted to see larger for workflow purposes, some I wanted to see larger because I'm just a fan of the GUI, or in some cases like ABL3 I provided a small part of the GUI (the mode icons) and I wanted to see it in hi-res 😆

But I haven't felt the need to sync them all. Like you, I mostly work at 100% zoom and like to hone in sometimes on some plugins.

If there was a simple way to revert back, I would do it. Maybe I could just back up the standard def REs on my Google Drive... But it would be nice if RS provided this option.

stratatonic

03 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2021
If there was a simple way to revert back, I would do it. Maybe I could just back up the standard def REs on my Google Drive... But it would be nice if RS provided this option.
I wasn't aware that you couldn't go back, but, why would you want to?
Last edited by stratatonic on 03 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

stratatonic

03 Nov 2021

Not that I'm using Reason 12 much right now, but can folks post the size of RE HD assets if they have some time? :thumbup:

zoidkirb

03 Nov 2021

The biggest I've seen is 240mb I think (I'm not near computer now)
And there's a lot of them that size.

rootwheel

03 Nov 2021

If you ever upgrade to an HiDPI monitor (graphics card support permitting) then you'll need the HD assets just so 100% doesn't look pixellated.

• Information