What New Reason Device Would You Like To See?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

What New Reason Device Would You Like To See?

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2021

Alligator Update
2%
Brass Physical Modelling Synth
13%
De-Esser
1%
Dr.Octo.Rex Update
7%
ECF-42 Update
2%
EMI Update
1%
Exciter
2%
Modulator
2%
Multiband Compressor
7%
Multimeter
1%
ReDrum Update
8%
Scales and Chords Update
7%
Scream Update
7%
Spectrum EQ Update
10%
SubTractor Update
7%
The Echo Update
1%
Thor Update
7%
Transient Shaper
5%
Waveshaper
3%
Wavetable Synth (Serum Competitor)
4%
Vectorscope / Goniometer
2%

Total votes: 287
Creativemind

18 Sep 2021

As the title suggests, what new device d'you think Reason Studio's should add next?

I know we don't need new devices as feature's are needed first, nor do we need a De-Esser as Selig's is fantastic but I included every effect I could think of and thought this would be a little fun.

I left off Saturation and Clip Distortion as I thought those could / would be included in a Scream Update if updated.

You may choose 4 options.

I chose a brass physical modelling synth, a Serum style Wavetable synth and ReDrum and Spectrum EQ updates but a Thor update, Alligator update and a Multiband Compressor were very close calls.

ReDrum - would love to see parameters in the right readings, ADSR envelopes for each drum and being able to open up the step sequencer to see all 10 drums in a grid.

Please feel free to explain your choices in the comments as I'm sure you will anyway. :lol:

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Oper-8

18 Sep 2021

Yep, a brass modelling synth device, in the same vein (and with the same quality and ease of use) as Friktion would be dope indeed.
For Serum-ish stuff, isn't Europa already filling the gap ?
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

superpop

18 Sep 2021

A new RE Mixer.

zumBeispiel

18 Sep 2021

A bigger guitar tuner.

BRIGGS

18 Sep 2021

Oper-8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021
For Serum-ish stuff, isn't Europa already filling the gap ?
My thoughts...exactly.
r11s

Billy+

18 Sep 2021

Definitely wind / air

Brass (saxophone trumpet) wood (flute pipe) etc...

Friktion like but for wind :thumbs_up:

Creativemind

18 Sep 2021

superpop wrote:
18 Sep 2021
A new RE Mixer.
Good call, like it.

I thought of an idea the other day of the Spectrum EQ being updated and it needs more than 4 bands in 2021. I thought, to get round the SSL only having 4 bands and backwards compatibility, what about having switchable panels on the Main Mixer EQ to switch from 4 to 8 to 12 EQ bands?

Also, it would be good if multiple Spectrum EQ's were openable at once, you could also display spectrums from 2 or more channels at the same time, play the cut or boost part solo'd, the frequency ranges were labelled up top (bass, low mids, mids, high frequencies etc) and you could save settings, that could be a Spectrum EQ update.

Mistro17

18 Sep 2021

A Quality Harp instrument please. One that's kinda like Friktion where you can get from Celtic to concert sounds. And especially to get to the sound of Andreas Vollenweider :cool: I would pre-pay

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

More physically modeled devices.

Also some sort of low res/noise device for adding texture, such as in mimic (but more in-depth)

Loque

18 Sep 2021

aeox wrote:
18 Sep 2021
More physically modeled devices.

Also some sort of low res/noise device for adding texture, such as in mimic (but more in-depth)
If i have a bit time, i will make a C2 based on Thor. Its pretty good for Noise stuff. Currently i am not sure if it is just controls over the noise oscillator or some kind of mix-in of different noises, like scratches, hiss, and all that stuff...
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

18 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Definitely wind / air

Brass (saxophone trumpet) wood (flute pipe) etc...

Friktion like but for wind :thumbs_up:
+1 :thumbs_up:
r11s

Arrant
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

I can't believe you left out Malström update :shock:

lowtom

18 Sep 2021

I would love to see some proper CV + Audio looper fx device with range going at least from 2 bars up to 1/128 steps, where we can loop, reverse, change buffer size, shuffle and transpose looped sequence - great for live performance and unexpected results.

Apart from totaly new device, I would love to see some updates to existing devices like Thor or Redrum. With Thor I would like to have Remote option for randomizing sequencer and for Redrum it would be nice to have option to fold it so only sequencer or only drum channels are visible.
:reason: :refill: :re:

Jackjackdaw

18 Sep 2021

The one device I wanted since R11 was a new sampler. They delivered that. So now the new device I want is a looper. There is only one ancient Re that does looping as far as I know. I use Enso looper vst by audio damage and it’s really cool. I would like a RS take on that.

Bes
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

i'd like a CV math device that pairs well with Comb2 and some more options for the C2 interface tho
- Certified Reason expert

CaptainBlack

18 Sep 2021

Where's the option for 'I've got enough devices - please update the core program'?

Creativemind

19 Sep 2021

Spectrum EQ update and a Brass Physical Modelling Instrument winning the day so far, with a Multiband Compressor in 3rd place.

What are people's visions for a Scream update? people have called it Scream 5 but some of you may not know, Scream was named after the Scream films, Scream 4 came out when the film Scream 4 came out, so that pretty much rules out it being called Scream 5 doesn't it?

I suggested above, put Clip Distortion and basic Saturation (as opposed to Tape Saturation) in it and make all parameters read in correct readings. What else? someone suggested multiband or something on another thread. Should they reskin it? I personally think it looks nice as it is.

jam-s

19 Sep 2021

I don't get why anyone would vote for multi band compressor, as we've got this since ages as a combi patch and with C2 it's even less of an issue. Instead the poll is missing the option:

Improved Kong Drum Designer

Regarding Scream: A fix for the phase issue in tape mode and some more distortion modes and oversampling options would be welcome.

Chi-Individual

19 Sep 2021

One update that I've ask for multiple times in the past few years is updates to the Envelop sections of (Europa, Grain, and Sweeper, *recently* the step sequencer in Complex-1, and now curve on Algorithm with adding a floating measurement window for envelop/curve points so settings can be perfectly recreated. Is the 1st point 5ms? 20ms? I have no idea, and eyeballing it doesn't really help that much when your points aren't perfectly on the grid lines.

If floating measurement boxes for each point are too messy because there might be too many points added then give me either a floating window the size of Synchronous(which also needs some type of point measurements and a few other things added) or better yet a resizable window that I can pop up like the channel EQ with point measurement capabilities or, like Scenic, update each unit so I have dedicated pages I can navigate to set my points/curves/sequencer lanes and get the info I want.

I feel like it should be doable but I'm not a coder so for all I know it could require a huge rewrite of something.

And these should be free point updates not features sold as major updates IMHO.

joeyluck

19 Sep 2021

I'm more interested in creative use physical modeling.

Expressive E / AAS released Imagine recently and it looks fantastic. I always imagined Friktion could be more like that. I like Friktion for the creative sounds. For realistic sounds, nothing beats SWAM anyways, so I'd go to them for brass.

So my vote would be for a Friktion update. Give us a bigger mod matrix! Update it to be a physically modeling synth capable of more creative patches.

My other votes aren't on the list either.

- Malstrom update: User graintables or just more graintables.
- NN-XT update: stretch settings and legato sample handling.

Marc Swing

20 Sep 2021

Mimic - Tempo match update

Kong - "A lock the output settings" so it doesn't forget the routing when changing sounds

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

Marc Swing wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Kong - "A lock the output settings" so it doesn't forget the routing when changing sounds
This 1000%. Not sure that qualifies as a new device though.

huggermugger

20 Sep 2021

Audiomatic updated with a decent range of parameter control.

plaamook

20 Sep 2021

Scream update.
In fact it’s a very simple update.
Just add a wet dry knob.
But since I know this isn’t possible (aliasing etc) they may as well rebuild it as a multi band scream with wet/dry per band and global and a really smooth spectrum gui.
I’ve got a load of distortion options but scream is special. And limited.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information