Rewards update! 100 + 125 points voucher available now

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1509
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Sep 2021

EDIT: We also now have 100 points

Hi everyone

Short update here, we managed to fix a larger voucher coupon for 125 points (125 € or $). You can go redeem these at www.reasonstudios.com/rewards right away.

A few points:
- For now, these vouchers are only applicable to Reason Studios REs. The reason is, to allow customers to get 3rd party REs for free (i.e. anything under $125) with a voucher requires us to do some more groundwork in terms of agreements and contracts etc. I'll look into this, but this was a quick fix for you all. You can of course still use the 25 and 50 vouchers on the applicable reward products from other developers.
- We still have outstanding issues surrounding combining vouchers, using vouchers on on-sale products and the currency issue.
- Lastly, we still have the issue that, if you use a 125$ voucher on a $100 product you "lose" $25 worth of points. This should be solved in a more elegant way.

So, still some work to do, and a few issues to solve, but I think this is a pretty good step in the right direction to allow loyal customers to acquire products like Friktion and Algoritm at $0.

All in all, I think the Rewards Shop is in a far better place now than it was on Monday!

Happy friday all.
James
Last edited by jamespember on 20 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7042
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Sep 2021

Absolutely. As you say, much better. One thing though (and not complaining here) but seeing as how the majority of the RS REs are €109 maybe €100 voucher (increments of €25) would have been a better option?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1382
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 17 Sep 2021

Get with the program, Figg.
It’s 25, 50, 100...
Next is 200

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7042
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Sep 2021

stratatonic wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Get with the program, Figg.
It’s 25, 50, 100...
Next is 200
Hmm. I said 100!!! That’s the logical option. As James said, the RS REs are priced at €109 and they’re working in away to see that people don’t lose 16 points by using a €125 voucher. Seems to me the better option would have been 100 points voucher.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1382
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 17 Sep 2021

Wow I thought YOU suggested the 125!l need a coffee! :redface: This whole voucher thing messed up.So,now rewarding loyalists by taking away the difference in points? This voucher thing is really half baked.

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1509
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Sep 2021
stratatonic wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Get with the program, Figg.
It’s 25, 50, 100...
Next is 200
Hmm. I said 100!!! That’s the logical option. As James said, the RS REs are priced at €109 and they’re working in away to see that people don’t lose 16 points by using a €125 voucher. Seems to me the better option would have been 100 points voucher.
Great feedback thanks. I agree, a 100 voucher makes a lot of sense. And really, the voucher should just "return the credits" to your account that aren't used IMO. So those 16 points would go back to your account.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7042
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Sep 2021


Hmm. I said 100!!! That’s the logical option. As James said, the RS REs are priced at €109 and they’re working in away to see that people don’t lose 16 points by using a €125 voucher. Seems to me the better option would have been 100 points voucher.
Great feedback thanks. I agree, a 100 voucher makes a lot of sense. And really, the voucher should just "return the credits" to your account that aren't used IMO. So those 16 points would go back to your account.
Just to make sure. Are you saying that there may be an option for €100 voucher?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 3061
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: marsoo

Post 17 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Sep 2021


Hmm. I said 100!!! That’s the logical option. As James said, the RS REs are priced at €109 and they’re working in away to see that people don’t lose 16 points by using a €125 voucher. Seems to me the better option would have been 100 points voucher.
Great feedback thanks. I agree, a 100 voucher makes a lot of sense. And really, the voucher should just "return the credits" to your account that aren't used IMO. So those 16 points would go back to your account.
Whoever the captain of the ship is in that regard... "Make it so!" would suffice.

I mean.. rewards do take a while to accrue..

A 100 voucher would make it feel more like you're actually saving for something. Why get tokens at the arcade, if the prizes you seek are of no interest?
Maybe not the best analogy..

It's not that they are of no interest, just that people want a BARGAIN. Saving points for a BARGAIN, is what people want. With 100 vouchers, I think that could be solved.

jaeproduced
Posts: 117
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 17 Sep 2021

How does the reward program work I see the 125 voucher but it's greyed out so is the 50 voucher and it says I have 23 reward points and two active 25 vouchers at the bottom with codes by them?

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7042
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Sep 2021

aeox wrote:
17 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021


Great feedback thanks. I agree, a 100 voucher makes a lot of sense. And really, the voucher should just "return the credits" to your account that aren't used IMO. So those 16 points would go back to your account.
Whoever the captain of the ship is in that regard... "Make it so!" would suffice.

I mean.. rewards do take a while to accrue..

A 100 voucher would make it feel more like you're actually saving for something. Why get tokens at the arcade, if the prizes you seek are of no interest?
Maybe not the best analogy..

It's not that they are of no interest, just that people want a BARGAIN. Saving points for a BARGAIN, is what people want. With 100 vouchers, I think that could be solved.
Yes. Friktion for €9. :)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 3061
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: marsoo

Post 17 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Sep 2021
aeox wrote:
17 Sep 2021


Whoever the captain of the ship is in that regard... "Make it so!" would suffice.

I mean.. rewards do take a while to accrue..

A 100 voucher would make it feel more like you're actually saving for something. Why get tokens at the arcade, if the prizes you seek are of no interest?
Maybe not the best analogy..

It's not that they are of no interest, just that people want a BARGAIN. Saving points for a BARGAIN, is what people want. With 100 vouchers, I think that could be solved.
Yes. Friktion for €9. :)
Fingers crossed

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1382
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 17 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Sep 2021
aeox wrote:
17 Sep 2021


Whoever the captain of the ship is in that regard... "Make it so!" would suffice.

I mean.. rewards do take a while to accrue..

A 100 voucher would make it feel more like you're actually saving for something. Why get tokens at the arcade, if the prizes you seek are of no interest?
Maybe not the best analogy..

It's not that they are of no interest, just that people want a BARGAIN. Saving points for a BARGAIN, is what people want. With 100 vouchers, I think that could be solved.
Yes. Friktion for €9. :)
How much do you even need to spend at Reason Studios in the first place to get to a 100 dollar voucher to get Friktion for 9?

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3912
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Hi everyone

Short update here, we managed to fix a larger voucher coupon for 125 points (125 € or $). You can go redeem these at www.reasonstudios.com/rewards right away.

A few points:
- For now, these vouchers are only applicable to Reason Studios REs. The reason is, to allow customers to get 3rd party REs for free (i.e. anything under $125) with a voucher requires us to do some more groundwork in terms of agreements and contracts etc. I'll look into this, but this was a quick fix for you all. You can of course still use the 25 and 50 vouchers on the applicable reward products from other developers.
- We still have outstanding issues surrounding combining vouchers, using vouchers on on-sale products and the currency issue.
- Lastly, we still have the issue that, if you use a 125$ voucher on a $100 product you "lose" $25 worth of points. This should be solved in a more elegant way.

So, still some work to do, and a few issues to solve, but I think this is a pretty good step in the right direction to allow loyal customers to acquire products like Friktion and Algoritm at $0.

All in all, I think the Rewards Shop is in a far better place now than it was on Monday!

Happy friday all.
James
what about 125 $1 vouchers that you can apply individually however you like? 🥳

seriously though, this is great to hear, and exactly the kind of transparency that's valuable. thank you!

one suggestion though--please don't squander the goodwill here by waiting too long before opening Rewards to apply toward actual Reason upgrades. if that's being considered, I think users should know it may be coming. with a $70 price hike for upgrades, I think a lot of people would be pretty upset if they spent their unused points on Reason devices, only to be told a few weeks/months later that they could've used those points to upgrade.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

Mataya
Posts: 251
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 17 Sep 2021

Bummer again...my last 50 just expired recently and I have an active 50 right now. Again lost the oportunity to buy Algo.

And I just upgraded to Reason12 perpetual few moments ago and recieved few more points, so now I've lost 50 recently, have an active 50 and 40 more points unused.

Unlucky bastard.

M

danc
Posts: 793
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 17 Sep 2021

Without coming across as totally ignorant (which I am) - am I allowed to use TWO £50 vouchers on one purchase? Meaning I could get a £99 RE for free?

The Rewards page doesn't tell me how many vouchers I can use at once.. https://www.reasonstudios.com/rewards. And I don't want to claim my voucher to then find out it's 1 voucher per purchase.
400+ original grooving Techno, Tech-House, House, Drum-and-Bass tracks on SoundCloud.
Produced in Reason 11 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1509
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Sep 2021

danc wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Without coming across as totally ignorant (which I am) - am I allowed to use TWO £50 vouchers on one purchase? Meaning I could get a £99 RE for free?

The Rewards page doesn't tell me how many vouchers I can use at once.. https://www.reasonstudios.com/rewards. And I don't want to claim my voucher to then find out it's 1 voucher per purchase.
Hey, no you cannot combine two vouchers on one purchase currently, which yeah, is strange. How many points do you have? If you have 125, you can redeem that to get an RE for free.

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1509
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Sep 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
17 Sep 2021
How does the reward program work I see the 125 voucher but it's greyed out so is the 50 voucher and it says I have 23 reward points and two active 25 vouchers at the bottom with codes by them?
If it's greyed out, you don't have enough points out to redeem it. From your description, it sounds like you have 23 active points, meaning you are 2 points away from redeeming another 25 voucher. But you have 2x 25 vouchers active which means you can use those towards purchases in the rewards shop. Sadly, you cannot combine them currently, but I would like this to be possible, but it seems like a fair amount of work. Worst case, I could convert your 2x 25 vouchers into 1x 50 if you want that. DM me your Reason username if so.

danc
Posts: 793
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 17 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Hey, no you cannot combine two vouchers on one purchase currently, which yeah, is strange. How many points do you have? If you have 125, you can redeem that to get an RE for free.
I have 104. But can only spend £50 a go? Sounds a little unfair to me.

Reading your T&Cs I see that my Rewards expire after 12-months. So I'm unlikely to achieve the £125 before they get deleted. I give up!
400+ original grooving Techno, Tech-House, House, Drum-and-Bass tracks on SoundCloud.
Produced in Reason 11 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9362
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 17 Sep 2021

Appreciate your effort and concession.

I have absolutly no clue, what must all be done under the hood...

Personally, i like the simple "Coins" or "virtual cash" bonus in several shops pretty much, like in Plugin Boutique. You earn a few coins which you can spend nearly everywhere. You also could buy Tokens, which enables you to get other stuff. Nothing fancy with vouchers, often just another few bucks less on a normal price. Just simple.

And yes, i am calculating, if i buy something on Plugin Boutique and getting some extra coins or for a few bucks less in an other shop.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 601
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 17 Sep 2021

Can I ask a question, why do vouchers even expire? Like, what is the benefit of that?
I remember when rewards were first introduced and I activated my €50 voucher just to realize that I would have to let it expire since I still couldn't afford anything with it.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9141
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Sep 2021

Just a heads up about what is displayed when not logged in... It mentions earning points by purchasing Reason 11. Along with that, the number of points earned will probably also be greater when the price goes up?

I like how the older Propellerhead logo is on the reward vouchers. Could have more fun with it and have the OG Reason logo on it or faces of Propellerhead founders.

So is the understanding that for now, support will handle issuing the difference in points back into accounts? Why not also add a 100 point voucher?

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1509
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Sep 2021
Just a heads up about what is displayed when not logged in... It mentions earning points by purchasing Reason 11. Along with that, the number of points earned will probably also be greater when the price goes up?

I like how the older Propellerhead logo is on the reward vouchers. Could have more fun with it and have the OG Reason logo on it or faces of Propellerhead founders.

So is the understanding that for now, support will handle issuing the difference in points back into accounts? Why not also add a 100 point voucher?
Yeah as I was working on this during the week, I found lots of nostalgic things like old logos etc :D I'll see what I can do re: modernising that.

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 174
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 17 Sep 2021

Get rid of the vouchers, and just give us points accumulation accounts, like PiBoutique. And in doing so, you'll get rid of the nasty "use this voucher in 60 days or kiss your points goodbye" feature.

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2100
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Sep 2021

I was hoping the points could be used for upgrades before the new price hike but I imagine that's pushing it. Thanks anyway for making this better.

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 454
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 17 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Sep 2021
I agree, a 100 voucher makes a lot of sense. And really, the voucher should just "return the credits" to your account that aren't used IMO. So those 16 points would go back to your account.
This would be great!

I currently have 121 points, soo close! :shock: :o
:reason: 12, Win10

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Heater, LmstPv, Popey and 15 guests