All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
17 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021
I've beat my plugin addiction and am already spending far too much on hardware. Porridge for the kids at the Figg household for the rest of December in any case
Same. I've literally spent more on hardware in the past 2 years that I have in the past 20 years. :lol: :oops: :shock:
In anticipation of my new guitar arriving (whenever that may be is anybody s guess) I bought some pedals. Been a loooong time. Was so back and forth in a Dimension-C chorus it wasn’t true but in the end I did the sensible thing and got an MXR analog chorus instead. Then there’s the Phase 90. There’s about 10 different versions and trying to get info on the differences is a total nightmare. Nice Kealy compressor and a RAT2 distortion. If my guitar doesn’t show up I’m just going to be standing tramping in pedals over Christmas. If it does come though you can expect some Siouxsie vibes. Oh yeah right…now I need to get a flanger :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

17 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021

In anticipation of my new guitar arriving (whenever that may be is anybody s guess) I bought some pedals. Been a loooong time. Was so back and forth in a Dimension-C chorus it wasn’t true but in the end I did the sensible thing and got an MXR analog chorus instead. Then there’s the Phase 90. There’s about 10 different versions and trying to get info on the differences is a total nightmare. Nice Kealy compressor and a RAT2 distortion. If my guitar doesn’t show up I’m just going to be standing tramping in pedals over Christmas. If it does come though you can expect some Siouxsie vibes. Oh yeah right…now I need to get a flanger :).
If it were me, and I had to wait that long I would pick up one of these. I have one and so do a bunch of my friends who have serious collections of vintage and newer guitars, and this is worth having, regardless of your arsenal. I love mine! You can sell these things for not much less than you buy them for too. Oh and you can use those pedals for mixing, and in front of your amp sims :)

https://www.fender.com/en-US/squier-ele ... 60541.html

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
17 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021

If it were me, and I had to wait that long I would pick up one of these. I have one and so do a bunch of my friends who have serious collections of vintage and newer guitars, and this is worth having, regardless of your arsenal. I love mine! You can sell these things for not much less than you buy them for too. Oh and you can use those pedals for mixing, and in front of your amp sims :)

Nah. It’s all good. I cancelled the original 60s as it was going to be a year wait in that one. I ordered an American Jazzmaster Ultra instead which they should have gotten today from Fender but it didn’t arrive so they’re hoping Monday. I looked at a couple of Squiers just to have something to play but you can’t lock the trem as far as I’m aware.
Incidentally I saw Dinosaur in a little tiny club in Glasgow around 87 or 88. Only about 20 people there. Can’t even remember if they put the jr part into there name. But they were great :).
Hoping the will get sent on Monday anyway.
Still tempted to get that Dimension -C :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

17 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021
MarkTarlton wrote:
17 Dec 2021

Nah. It’s all good. I cancelled the original 60s as it was going to be a year wait in that one. I ordered an American Jazzmaster Ultra instead which they should have gotten today from Fender but it didn’t arrive so they’re hoping Monday. I looked at a couple of Squiers just to have something to play but you can’t lock the trem as far as I’m aware.
Incidentally I saw Dinosaur in a little tiny club in Glasgow around 87 or 88. Only about 20 people there. Can’t even remember if they put the jr part into there name. But they were great :).
Oh gotcha! I thought it was back ordered for like a year based on an older post, I haven't kept up :)

Dinosaur was great back in the day! I got to see J Mascis in Kevin Seconds(7 Seconds) coffee shop with like 20 people, and Steve Albini was in the audience. It was at a TapeOp conference that I ran sound at many years ago, good times!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
17 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021

Oh gotcha! I thought it was back ordered for like a year based on an older post, I haven't kept up :)

Dinosaur was great back in the day! I got to see J Mascis in Kevin Seconds(7 Seconds) coffee shop with like 20 people, and Steve Albini was in the audience. It was at a TapeOp conference that I ran sound at many years ago, good times!
Back then I actually got a phone call one evening from a friend who’s boyfriend was a roadie and they were back at the hotel with Evan Dando, J. Mascis and somebody else, I think it was Kevin Shields and they wanted me to get a taxi down. I’d just had an operation so said thanks but no and had an early night. Hahaha. Bet those guys tell all their friends how they missed out on partying with me :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

17 Dec 2021

Oh man, that would have been a night to remember.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Oh man, that would have been a night to remember.
I don’t think I’d have been able to remember it. Probably would have ended up addicted to heroin as well :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Tiny Montgomery

18 Dec 2021

Had 91 points so had a cunning plan to buy BassGen with a 50 voucher and use the expected 20 points towards Algo to complete the RS set....but I only got 1 point for BassGen, was expecting 20 as it's a reason purchase..?

Tiny Montgomery

18 Dec 2021

I really like BassGen btw!

DaveyG

18 Dec 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Had 91 points so had a cunning plan to buy BassGen with a 50 voucher and use the expected 20 points towards Algo to complete the RS set....but I only got 1 point for BassGen, was expecting 20 as it's a reason purchase..?
I don't know how you expected 20 points but the reason you only got 1 point is that the voucher part of the payment does not count, so you earned 5% of the cash portion of the purchase. At least they rounded it up!

Tiny Montgomery

18 Dec 2021

DaveyG wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
18 Dec 2021
I don't know how you expected 20 points but the reason you only got 1 point is that the voucher part of the payment does not count, so you earned 5% of the cash portion of the purchase. At least they rounded it up!
Cheers Dave yes I think that's what I have. Expected 20 due to the summary on the page saying 20points for previous "reason purchases". I now have the awkward sum of 41 lol. Must say my eye keeps getting drawn to The Legend on that rewards page. Don't need it but it sounds great in all the videos I've seen.

jam-s

18 Dec 2021

With "reason purchases" they mean the full version or upgrades of Reason itself. (This was much clearer before they changed their name from Propellerheads.)

DaveyG

19 Dec 2021

jam-s wrote:
18 Dec 2021
With "reason purchases" they mean the full version or upgrades of Reason itself. (This was much clearer before they changed their name from Propellerheads.)
There is no longer any mention of the 20 point thing on the Reward page so I wonder if they have quietly retired that part of the reward programme. The written terms and conditions have not been updated to match the recent changes - the latest published one is from August 2019 so still refers to Reason 11!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/agreements#rewards-toc

Loque

19 Dec 2021

DaveyG wrote:
19 Dec 2021
jam-s wrote:
18 Dec 2021
There is no longer any mention of the 20 point thing on the Reward page so I wonder if they have quietly retired that part of the reward programme. The written terms and conditions have not been updated to match the recent changes - the latest published one is from August 2019 so still refers to Reason 11!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/agreements#rewards-toc
Maybe you will get points for R+ only in future
Reason12, Win10

Libraquaricorn

26 Dec 2021

jaeproduced

28 Dec 2021

So can I use my rewards points towards any device in the shop or just wants in the rewards store which is very limited?

huggermugger

28 Dec 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
28 Dec 2021
So can I use my rewards points towards any device in the shop or just wants in the rewards store which is very limited?
Only towards devices in the Rewards Store.

jaeproduced

28 Dec 2021

huggermugger wrote:
28 Dec 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
28 Dec 2021
So can I use my rewards points towards any device in the shop or just whats in the rewards store which is very limited?
Only towards devices in the Rewards Store.
Man I thought someone said you can use up to 75 reward points on anything in the shop...huh that's disappointing

huggermugger

28 Dec 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
28 Dec 2021

Man I thought someone said you can use up to 75 reward points on anything in the shop...huh that's disappointing
Not quite right. In the Rewards Store, you're limited to 75 points against non-Reason Studio devices such as Blamsoft or Softube.

jaeproduced

28 Dec 2021

huggermugger wrote:
28 Dec 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
28 Dec 2021

Not quite right. In the Rewards Store, you're limited to 75 points against non-Reason Studio devices such as Blamsoft or Softube.
Ok Gotcha....

WOO

29 Dec 2021

Will friktion and algorithm still remain in the rewards shop after the holidays are over?

Ottostrom

29 Dec 2021

Yes

huggermugger

29 Dec 2021

How would we know? We don't work for Reason.

mjxl

30 Dec 2021

They've been in the rewards section for quite some time already, there's no 'reason' they wouldn't be there anymore.

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2022

4 Ekssperimental Sounds REs appeared in rewards shop. I wonder if any more developers will be added.

• Information