All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

10 Dec 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Dec 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Rewards Question...

If I use a 75 Reward voucher to purchase Bass Generator at £64 what happens to the unused 11 points?
Plus if I purchase this RE this way how many Reward points will be added to my account on this type of purchase?

Cheers for any help...
Yes, you lose those 11 points. It's a weird quirk/limitation in the current Rewards setup. I've said here before, I'd like to change it, but I can't promise anything. It's on my radar though, along with the other changes we've already implemented and would like to.
First off I would like to say a big thanks for the points especially now they won't expire that was a good move and to see the added points on my account was definitely a bonus :clap:

But it's very difficult to use them especially when using the voucher method

I have enough points for at least two products but if I redeem a voucher code for one I wouldn't be able to use the remaining points for the second product as the loss of the unused points.

Would it not be easy to enable RS product vouchers for the product costs?
A simple 64 points voucher code for player device
A simple 99 points voucher code for instrument / refill

If only one voucher can be used per order it would make it instantly more usable and remove the situation of lost points?

joeyluck

10 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Dec 2021
jamespember wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Yes, you lose those 11 points. It's a weird quirk/limitation in the current Rewards setup. I've said here before, I'd like to change it, but I can't promise anything. It's on my radar though, along with the other changes we've already implemented and would like to.
First off I would like to say a big thanks for the points especially now they won't expire that was a good move and to see the added points on my account was definitely a bonus :clap:

I have enough points for at least two products but if I redeem a voucher code for one I wouldn't be able to use the remaining points for the second product as the loss of the unused points.

If only one voucher can be used per order it would make it instantly more usable and remove the situation of lost points?
Perhaps there can be a fix in the future to add an adjustment for lost points? They aren't cheap. $20 = 1 point. You exchange 75 points for the 65 point ProjectSAM RE and you've lost 10 points worth $200 in purchases.

Billy+

10 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
10 Dec 2021

Perhaps there can be a fix in the future to add an adjustment for lost points? They aren't cheap. $20 = 1 point. You exchange 75 points for the 65 point ProjectSAM RE and you've lost 10 points worth $200 in purchases.
I totally agree

Fair play to RS for the changes but the rewards system definitely still needs more work especially given how much you have to spend in order to earn them. I suggested the values for simplicity as having the voucher in line with the devices makes it easy for everyone assuming the value is the same across all currencies?

I think us and uk are 64 & 99 for RS products but possibly eu is different?

joeyluck

10 Dec 2021

I would at least in the meantime just adjust the vouchers to equal the cost of REs in the shop. There aren't many options or purchases, so it's not hard to stay on top of that. For example, nothing is 100, they are 99. No sense in even making someone even lose 1 point.

[Edit] you beat me to it. Exactly that!

Loque

10 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021
I would at least in the meantime just adjust the vouchers to equal the cost of REs in the shop. There aren't many options or purchases, so it's not hard to stay on top of that. For example, nothing is 100, they are 99. No sense in even making someone even lose 1 point.

No no no! They cost109 and not 99.
Reason12, Win10

Heater

10 Dec 2021

Can you partially pay for a RE using your rewards?

Billy+

10 Dec 2021

Heater wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Yes you can claim a lower valued voucher and use cash for the rest....

client6

10 Dec 2021

A nice step forward which is progress, but as mentioned before, those who have spent the most likely have the fewest product options to obtain from the rinkydink “rewards store” made up of primarily old products (with a few valuable exceptions…which many of us purchased outright leaving us with “reward points”).

PluginBoutique has a much more usable and purchase-motivating set up. The “virtual cash” concept without arbitrary limitations rewards customer loyalty. If the goal is to reward customers and not just let them have access to your garage sale of products you can discount without losing much yourself, take note from PluginBoutique’s playbook.

joeyluck

10 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
10 Dec 2021
joeyluck wrote:
10 Dec 2021

No no no! They cost109 and not 99.
Well they are several things like 59, 65, 69, etc. and whatever to match whatever currency...

BananaSkins

10 Dec 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Dec 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Rewards Question...

If I use a 75 Reward voucher to purchase Bass Generator at £64 what happens to the unused 11 points?
Plus if I purchase this RE this way how many Reward points will be added to my account on this type of purchase?

Cheers for any help...
Ok thanks for your clarification - here’s hoping unused Point amounts will soon be added back to your Rewards balance… :thumbs_up:

jamespember
Reason Studios

10 Dec 2021

client6 wrote:
10 Dec 2021
A nice step forward which is progress, but as mentioned before, those who have spent the most likely have the fewest product options to obtain from the rinkydink “rewards store” made up of primarily old products (with a few valuable exceptions…which many of us purchased outright leaving us with “reward points”).

PluginBoutique has a much more usable and purchase-motivating set up. The “virtual cash” concept without arbitrary limitations rewards customer loyalty. If the goal is to reward customers and not just let them have access to your garage sale of products you can discount without losing much yourself, take note from PluginBoutique’s playbook.
Absolutely. I think the PB solution is really well done and thought through. That's absolutely more like we'd like ours to work too.

Heater

10 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Heater wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Yes you can claim a lower valued voucher and use cash for the rest....
Thanks

DJMaytag

12 Dec 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Absolutely. I think the PB solution is really well done and thought through. That's absolutely more like we'd like ours to work too.
I don’t know much about PB’s deal, but the flexibility to use some/all of the Rewards points on non-RS Rack Extensions would be huge. I’d have bought a handful of them today had that been an option. Instead, I did buy the Bassline Generator for my first Rewards purchase.

vandynch

12 Dec 2021

jamespember wrote:
05 Dec 2021
vandynch wrote:
04 Dec 2021

Hi James

I recently acquired a 25 euro voucher on the 26/11/2021, as 20 points were going to be lost otherwise.
Thanks to the kind gesture of giving back points I now have an additional 49 points. However, had I known this was in the pipeline I would have held out and had 74 points in total. Is there any way of backdating or reversing the 25 euro voucher, so I can make another purchase that would then give me the 75 points ( there's still a lot of great deals in the shop at the minute so wouldn't be a problem)? If we could use more than one voucher in one transaction it wouldn't be an issue. I haven't used the 25 euro voucher, would be great if this was possible - have my eye on the Polystep seq!

Hi
Thanks for that - support put back the points. Now i have the headache of either going for polystep seq or bassline generator!

arqui

16 Dec 2021

Hi, I have 174 RP left (I already bought Friction with 100RP, losing 1), I wanted to exchange them for Algorithm (99) and Bassline Generator (69), but I would be missing 1 RP, incredibly unfair to have to make an extra purchase of 25 because there is no no 20 to get 1 RP that I will lose when redeeming. I share with you that although an expense award is welcome, it is not well applied.
I will wait able to put hand and fix the lost points.
Greetings
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Billy+

16 Dec 2021

arqui wrote:
16 Dec 2021
Hi, I have 174 RP left (I already bought Friction with 100RP, losing 1), I wanted to exchange them for Algorithm (99) and Bassline Generator (69), but I would be missing 1 RP, incredibly unfair to have to make an extra purchase of 25 because there is no no 20 to get 1 RP that I will lose when redeeming. I share with you that although an expense award is welcome, it is not well applied.
I will wait able to put hand and fix the lost points.
Greetings
You are not alone

The rewards system is definitely improving all the time but the one thing that will truly make it better is being able to just enter the amount of reward points you want to use rather than redeeming a voucher.

Come on James it's the last thing left to make it great

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2021

arqui wrote:
16 Dec 2021
I already bought Friction with 100RP, losing 1)
You’re lucky. I bought Friktion using 100 points and had to pay €9 on top of that. Worth every SEK.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

16 Dec 2021

Yeah the whole currency thing is definitely not right

€109 = £92.51
$99 = £74.31

Either way us lot in the U.K. are getting a very bad deal.

If BLG is $64 I should be able to use 49 points not 64 and definitely not 75.

Billy+

16 Dec 2021

Maybe the rewards section should have an extra button for RS products that just say [Use Rewards] instead of buy? Problem solved :thumbs_up:

BumCuddle

17 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021

That is pretty bad, if things were correctly adjusted Ukers could pick up Bassline Generator and Patter mutator for 98 points.
James has done a great job trying to unmuddle an already chaotic and confusing system but it is obviously still not perfect.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

Personally couldn't care less. The system was total crap before. Now we got a whole load of free points which amount to probably about a billion purchases in the RE Shop and we can actually use them. There's bigger vouchers than the 50s we had before and they're still working on improvements.
The currency thing though is an issue...dollars and euros backwards. Oh well...couldn't care less about that either. I've beat my plugin addiction and am already spending far too much on hardware. Porridge for the kids at the Figg household for the rest of December in any case
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BumCuddle

17 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Porridge for the kids at the Figg household for the rest of December in any case
Would that be the Porridge 8 made by Sequential Oatcakes? Very rare and messy synth that one :lol:

Billy+

17 Dec 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021

That is pretty bad, if things were correctly adjusted Ukers could pick up Bassline Generator and Patter mutator for 98 points.
James has done a great job trying to unmuddle an already chaotic and confusing system but it is obviously still not perfect.
It's a lot better than it used to be when you had to buy using euros not only was I getting a crap exchange rate from my card (bank) but they would also add a non standard currency charge as a percentage of the transaction value and an extra £1 for admin?

It really pi*sed me off being charged for non standard currency especially as at the time we was part of the eu and If I wanted to I could spend euros in the high street, although I never had I did once witness a shop keeper loose it at a customer because they didn't know what they were suppose to do with a "stupid bloody euro" :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
17 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Porridge for the kids at the Figg household for the rest of December in any case
Would that be the Porridge 8 made by Sequential Oatcakes? Very rare and messy synth that one :lol:
Everything is wired in cereal which makes the sound very grainy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

17 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2021
I've beat my plugin addiction and am already spending far too much on hardware. Porridge for the kids at the Figg household for the rest of December in any case
Same. I've literally spent more on hardware in the past 2 years that I have in the past 20 years. :lol: :oops: :shock:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information