All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3613
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 01 Dec 2021

huggermugger wrote:
01 Dec 2021
Yep, lost 3 more points, after redeeming 100 last month. At this rate I'll owe them money by the end of December.
The reward system is truly a mess. :lol:
If it weren't for the sudden "adjustment" I suspect would never had been able to use my points. I turned my points that I've collected over the years into a 75 voucher. But after that purchase it will pretty much be impossible to save up to anything useful. With the current rules of points expiring after a year I expect to loose more points than earn points.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1838
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 01 Dec 2021

huggermugger wrote:
01 Dec 2021
Yep, lost 3 more points, after redeeming 100 last month. At this rate I'll owe them money by the end of December.
You should change your handle to "huggermugged".

But, yeah, it all seems a bit crappy. We've gone all these years with points not expiring when they should have been and now they've screwed up on implementing the expiry logic. I guess all you can do is put a ticket in.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3123
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Dec 2021

I am slightly surprised they have not fixed the rewards coming out of your newer purchases rather then using the older purchases first... James has been aware of this for about a month now... I buy a rewards item... the points are taken from newer purchase points while I lose points made from older purchases that expire ( the purchase was made so that the older points about to expire get used)... nope it is backwards, it makes no sense, and SHOULD be addressed... How hard could that be? The fact this has not been fixed in a month makes It really seem that this behaviour, it is part of a highly questionable plan, for people to lose points before their time. :thumbs_down:
yep... one month yesterday
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.42.10 AM.png
[/attachment]
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.42.45 AM.png
James was told here and in a private message he responded to... What is the holdup for what seems like an easy fix to me?
Others reported this over a month ago :exclamation: I am still hopefully waiting for more racks to be added, so I can use my points before they expire... I watch them disappear when they never should be disappearing in the first place.>>>( if when you get a voucher it takes the oldest points first , there would be no need for this highly questionable nonsense> happening to ALL USERS.) If it is a problem, and clearly it is, and the company knows about it... it should not take over a month to fix this bug in the shop. Again it gives the impression that reason studios just does not care about their system of rewards points, or the MANY users affected.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 10.26.44 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 785
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 01 Dec 2021

DaveyG wrote:
01 Dec 2021
huggermugger wrote:
01 Dec 2021
Yep, lost 3 more points, after redeeming 100 last month. At this rate I'll owe them money by the end of December.
You should change your handle to "huggermugged".

But, yeah, it all seems a bit crappy. We've gone all these years with points not expiring when they should have been and now they've screwed up on implementing the expiry logic. I guess all you can do is put a ticket in.
LOL, huggermugged it is (at least in my mind). I did put a support ticket in, and was told to hang tight and they're working on it. Apparently they're not very interested in working on it.

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 785
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 01 Dec 2021

moneykube wrote:
01 Dec 2021
I am slightly surprised they have not fixed the rewards coming out of your newer purchases rather then using the older purchases first... James has been aware of this for about a month now... I buy a rewards item... the points are taken from newer purchase points while I lose points made from older purchases that expire ( the purchase was made so that the older points about to expire get used)... nope it is backwards, it makes no sense, and SHOULD be addressed... How hard could that be? The fact this has not been fixed in a month makes It really seem that this behaviour, it is part of a highly questionable plan, for people to lose points before their time. :thumbs_down:
yep... one month yesterdayScreen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.42.10 AM.png
[/attachment]Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.42.45 AM.png
James was told here and in a private message he responded to... What is the holdup for what seems like an easy fix to me?
Others reported this over a month ago :exclamation: I am still hopefully waiting for more racks to be added, so I can use my points before they expire... I watch them disappear when they never should be disappearing in the first place.>>>( if when you get a voucher it takes the oldest points first , there would be no need for this highly questionable nonsense> happening to ALL USERS.) If it is a problem, and clearly it is, and the company knows about it... it should not take over a month to fix this bug in the shop. Again it gives the impression that reason studios just does not care about their system of rewards points, or the MANY users affected.Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 10.26.44 AM.png
It's a bit of a joke really.

User avatar
NoisiaTHX
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Aug 2018

Post 03 Dec 2021

Have a look at your rewards.

The expiry was completely canceled. Suddenly all points count since the beginning of the rewards + all the last adjustments.

Got 75 points again.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 181515.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-03 180505.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

NoisiaTHX wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Have a look at your rewards.

The expiry was completely canceled. Suddenly all points count since the beginning of the rewards + all the last adjustments.

Got 75 points again.


Screenshot 2021-12-03 181515.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-03 180505.jpg
If this is true that's excellent news, I've never been able to use my points as I already own the products listed that I want and it would be wasted on something else that I didn't want.

I hope this is true :clap: RS
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

Mataya
Posts: 385
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 03 Dec 2021

OMG! Thank You! Insane!

m

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

Mataya wrote:
03 Dec 2021
OMG! Thank You! Insane!

m
I'm waiting for James to come and tell us all the news, all that's left is the ability to just enter an amount at the checkout and then it would be perfectly acceptable. Finally an actual reward system.
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10205
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Dec 2021

wtf?
:shock:

:o

:clap:

:thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7964
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 03 Dec 2021

I mean, this only works for stuff in the "Rewards" store though, right? If so, my points are all but useless to me. I have the majority of the stuff in the Rewards Shop already, and the stuff I don't have... well, I have very little interest in.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10205
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
03 Dec 2021
I mean, this only works for stuff in the "Rewards" store though, right? If so, my points are all but useless to me. I have the majority of the stuff in the Rewards Shop already, and the stuff I don't have... well, I have very little interest in.
I am in the same boat. But hey, its a good move. I never understood why my points should expire?
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1838
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 03 Dec 2021

Do you think it's a permanent change? Not sure whether I should spend 'em while I've got 'em or wait for something more interesting to be added to the reward store, maybe the forthcoming player.

User avatar
rcbuse
RE Developer
Posts: 1139
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 03 Dec 2021

Woooo yea, just snagged Algorithm for free!

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
03 Dec 2021
I mean, this only works for stuff in the "Rewards" store though, right? If so, my points are all but useless to me. I have the majority of the stuff in the Rewards Shop already, and the stuff I don't have... well, I have very little interest in.
At the very least it would mean that you can accumulate points for buying 3rd party rack extensions and if RS adds all of its products to the rewards section then as new devices are released then you will have a chance to use the points,

but it does make me wonder if we've seen the last ever sale for RS devices given that this BF they didn't and are actively trying to get us all onto subscription which gives access to all RS rack extensions.
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

rcbuse wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Woooo yea, just snagged Algorithm for free!
Does that mean what I think it means :shock:

LP generates Algorithm patches :thumbup:
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10205
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021
rcbuse wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Woooo yea, just snagged Algorithm for free!
Does that mean what I think it means :shock:

LP generates Algorithm patches :thumbup:
lol. That would be a big refill :-D
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021


Does that mean what I think it means :shock:

LP generates Algorithm patches :thumbup:
lol. That would be a big refill :-D
I would buy a spare hard disk for it :lol:
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7964
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 03 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021
At the very least it would mean that you can accumulate points for buying 3rd party rack extensions and if RS adds all of its products to the rewards section then as new devices are released then you will have a chance to use the points,
I'm on R+, so that's of no use since I get everything RS does anway. :( Really wish the "rewards" vouchers could be used on anything in the shop. That would make the system actually worth something, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
rcbuse
RE Developer
Posts: 1139
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 03 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021
LP generates Algorithm patches :thumbup:
We shall see if I can tame this beast. I did a couple of Complex-1 Generative things, but man, only like 0.1% of them sounded musical and just wasn't worth release.
Screenshot 2021-12-03 143809.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hoboys
Banned user
Posts: 158
Joined: 19 Oct 2021
Location: Kyiv

Post 03 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
03 Dec 2021
I mean, this only works for stuff in the "Rewards" store though, right? If so, my points are all but useless to me. I have the majority of the stuff in the Rewards Shop already, and the stuff I don't have... well, I have very little interest in.
Yeah, I don't have much to buy there either, we now need a $450 Overpricetube coupon :DDD

On a more serious note: really good job by James! A (huge) point for Reason Studios!

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

rcbuse wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021
LP generates Algorithm patches :thumbup:
We shall see if I can tame this beast. I did a couple of Complex-1 Generative things, but man, only like 0.1% of them sounded musical and just wasn't worth release.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 143809.jpg
WOW wtf.......

Good luck and if you're looking for testers to wade through I'm up for it :thumbup: as I'm sure many would be ;)
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021
At the very least it would mean that you can accumulate points for buying 3rd party rack extensions and if RS adds all of its products to the rewards section then as new devices are released then you will have a chance to use the points,
I'm on R+, so that's of no use since I get everything RS does anway. :( Really wish the "rewards" vouchers could be used on anything in the shop. That would make the system actually worth something, IMHO.
Agreed but unfortunately I think we are all going to have to put up with baby steps.

I tried subscribing but I also own everything so it's far to expensive,

maybe when there's another 10 devices and you actually get a daw license with offline access proper vst midi support and a boat load of bug fixes then and only then I might reconsider but not until my demands have been met :lol:
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1594
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 03 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Mataya wrote:
03 Dec 2021
OMG! Thank You! Insane!

m
I'm waiting for James to come and tell us all the news, all that's left is the ability to just enter an amount at the checkout and then it would be perfectly acceptable. Finally an actual reward system.
Just haven’t had time to announce it yet, busy week :)

The update:

- Reward points no longer expire.
- Redeemed vouchers still expire after 60 days though (no change)
- We’ve given users the ability to use some old reward points that had previously expired.
- We previously tried to fix this issue with an adjustment a few months ago (which had its own issues), you can keep those reward points too.

So, enjoy, get something new and have some fun making music this weekend!

James

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Dec 2021

Its official
jamespember wrote:
03 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Dec 2021


I'm waiting for James to come and tell us all the news, all that's left is the ability to just enter an amount at the checkout and then it would be perfectly acceptable. Finally an actual reward system.
Just haven’t had time to announce it yet, busy week :)

The update:

- Reward points no longer expire.
- Redeemed vouchers still expire after 60 days though (no change)
- We’ve given users the ability to use some old reward points that had previously expired.
- We previously tried to fix this issue with an adjustment a few months ago (which had its own issues), you can keep those reward points too.

So, enjoy, get something new and have some fun making music this weekend!

James
Thank you very much, you are a generous man I look forward to renewing my interest in the rewards system and shop. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], EnochLight, Exowildebeest, MadGadget, Rising Night Wave and 6 guests