All RS Rack Extensions are now in the Rewards Shop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
client6

21 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021

Link above takes you to this:
He said there was no mention on the Rewards page. And he’s right.
I agree it is borderline misleading (and seemingly intentional) when that small fact could be mentioned right there...it doesn't take up much space--why require one extra step that obviously causes customer frustration when it isn't necessary.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2021

client6 wrote:
21 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021

I agree it is borderline misleading (and seemingly intentional) when that small fact could be mentioned right there...it doesn't take up much space--why require one extra step that obviously causes customer frustration when it isn't necessary.
It’s not even an extra step. There’s no link to that question on the Rewards page either. So basically you’ve got to wonder yourself what the deal with points is then actively seek an answer in their help section.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

21 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021

Link above takes you to this:
Nobody said he was wrong… :clap:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021

I didn’t say that anybody said he was wrong.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

21 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021

That makes two of us… :thumbs_up:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021

Sure. I just wondered the reasoning behind you replying to him saying there was no mention on the Rewards page of the points expiring by posting a picture of the link already posted which takes him to the help section.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

21 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021

Sure. I just wondered the reasoning behind you replying to him saying there was no mention on the Rewards page of the points expiring by posting a picture of the link already posted which takes him to the help section.
As nobody seemed to find out any confirmation of Rewards Expiration (including my self) I was simply providing the screenshot of the link James provided to clarify proceedings…

James Wrote:

Hi, sorry I'm not entirely following. Are you referring to these expiration rules? https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -Vouchers-

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2021

Might want to change this text:
Once you have accumulated either 25 or 50 Reward Points, you can...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021

As nobody seemed to find out any confirmation of Rewards Expiration (including my self) I was simply providing the screenshot of the link James provided to clarify proceedings…

James Wrote:

Hi, sorry I'm not entirely following. Are you referring to these expiration rules? https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -Vouchers-
Aa. Right. Ok. Just in case he had missed the link.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AttenuationHz

21 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2021

James Wrote:

Yes but the point is that if it said it on the rewards page that they expire there would be no issue. Everyone would have been informed about rewards expiring instead of having to search for some link in a completely obscure part of the website or searching the knowledge base and there would be no post linking to the obscure part of the website. But I guess it was more beneficial to hide that fact from users.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jamespember
Reason Studios

22 Sep 2021

Agree that this should be more clear. I've added a change to clarify the expiration dates clearly and also add a link to that support page. I've also updated the 25 and 50 thing that Despondo mentioned. Should go out over the next days.

WasteLand

22 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Agree that this should be more clear. I've added a change to clarify the expiration dates clearly and also add a link to that support page. I've also updated the 25 and 50 thing that Despondo mentioned. Should go out over the next days.
so the rewards themselves have an expiration date? i only knew that because i saw the link here, but it strange, some rewards points (that i can't see anymore in the history) are more than 365 days old... or do read it wrong. and why an expiration date???
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Loque

22 Sep 2021

WasteLand wrote:
22 Sep 2021
jamespember wrote:
22 Sep 2021
so the rewards themselves have an expiration date? i only knew that because i saw the link here, but it strange, some rewards points (that i can't see anymore in the history) are more than 365 days old... or do read it wrong. and why an expiration date???
Guess the idea is to make you buy faster and more. But who buys stuff for 2000 bucks per year to get a RE for (nearly) free?
Reason12, Win10

Tinnitus

22 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
22 Sep 2021
James I too had no idea points expired, I thought it was just vouchers expired after converting from points
The website only shows the last 5 transactions which isn't particularly helpful. If they showed all reward points txns going back to account day 1 in a paginated fashion it would help.

WasteLand

22 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Sep 2021
WasteLand wrote:
22 Sep 2021

Guess the idea is to make you buy faster and more. But who buys stuff for 2000 bucks per year to get a RE for (nearly) free?
ok faster! faster!! faster!!!

but indeed Reward points are not really a big piece of the action, if you buy RE's, but 2 upgrades; 40 points...

strangely my rewards points seem to be intact, it didn't expired. jumped into Reason, version 10, second hand, for cheap. did the upgrade to 11 Suite and now 12....
but 11 Suite was in may previous year.....

EDIT: well because Reward Points aren't thát easy to build up.... it seems to me that longer than a year, seems quite reasonable (pun intended, of course), Tracktion also sets a limit in the store, but that is quite fast, i think.

so your reasoning at first seems to me reasoanble, again! again! puns, i think it is just the opposite now; i have now 59 rewards point, that means something now, for instance Algoritm i had my eye on. i fall for that kind of synths, and although i have a lot FM capable synths, not particulary FM synths, but that can really act like FM synths...
Algoritm adds something to the palet, that i like, or better is usefull in the kind of music i make.
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

xylyx

22 Sep 2021

Didn't know the points expired as well. :roll: There's no indication of when my points will expire, nor of when I gained them, so it might be useful to give the user an indication on that front.

But, why do they need to expire? My loyalty points at Time & Space don't expire and you can use them in £5 increments too, rather than the larger increments RS uses. It really does seem that RS want to make things as awkward as possible for their customers at times...

huggermugger

22 Sep 2021

Wait, what?!? I know about Vouchers expiring after 60 days, but I had no idea Rewards expire after one year. And Reason has hidden that fact in an FAQ, instead of putting it where it clearly belongs.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.19.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.19.00 AM.png (250.59 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
Last edited by huggermugger on 22 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

lowtom

22 Sep 2021

Thanks to 100 points option I was able to grab Algoritm for just 9 EUR! :D
:reason: :refill: :re:

WasteLand

22 Sep 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Wait, what?!? I know about Vouchers expiring after 60 days, but I had no idea Rewards expire after one year. And Reason has hidden that fact in an FAQ, instead of putting it where it clearly belongs.
yes always thought the same, and that is not strange. no warning can be seen, it doesn't say anything about that Rewards expire.

so it is hidden.

which, to say the least, bad communication.

so the assumption that the Reward Points are there, when you want them is quite legit, so to say.

strangely, the say they expire after one year, but in my case obviously, they didn't. i think for a lot of people.

because managing, to get for instance 100 Reward Points, was buying €2000 worth of Rack Extensions?

as @loque wrote.

indeed 5% of 2000 is.....

but you get 20 for an upgrade. 2 upgrades is 40. i have 59, can't check all reward points, the history is also strangely only the last 5 one.

now that Reward shop becomes interesting, as @lowtom proves, getting Algoritm for €9, is quite nice.

and for me Algoritm for €59, is also nice, lower than any sale price.

at the Reward Store Page, i visited it, in the hope, that some time.. it never did, and of course now about the Reward page, the only thing mentioned about what can expire is, the voucher (which is also strange, why should you let an voucher expire? well NI does it too... but with NI, in my case, never used them, because, again not very usefull for me, can't be exchanged in when something in sale, and well i think i have quite a lot of NI, and don't need more..
but: NI vouchers are for others valuable, they are used. so they work, and give a real discount.).

so what is the deal.

the store has changed, i repeated that in previous posts, and now... again... in a good way....

but still... this again a time limit, as with Reason 12... that i could get 20 points, was, among other things, gladly, the thing that tilt me over, to buy R12 upgrade.

but now i feel again pushed.

ok, others do it too, like NI, Tracktion. for me personal no prob. for others, it is pity.

but that isn't an argument.

and that you only can slowly build up credits/points, to get a real good deal, that makes it stranger.

and why vouchers? it is mentioned before, the pluginboutique method, i don't buy as much any more, or almost nothing, compared, to what i bought every month, for a long time..
the pluginboutique method is nice, the credits are there, and can be used, after months, and you can get something a lot cheaper, if you build it up.

for me, of course, and others, that have 49, for instance, or 76, why not the abilitiy to use them directly; and as 49 or 76, or my case... 59...

o well those 9 euro's, but if you have 76, the 75 voucher has been forgotten........

jamespember
Reason Studios

22 Sep 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Yes as I wrote to you on FB, I agree that it's odd that this information isn't presented on this page. So we've fixed that and it will be deployed out in the next day or so live.

raymondh

22 Sep 2021

I wasn't sure when my points would expire, so snuck in and picked up Scenic with 100 points :)

zoidkirb

22 Sep 2021

WasteLand wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Algoritm i had my eye on. i fall for that kind of synths, and although i have a lot FM capable synths, not particulary FM synths, but that can really act like FM synths...
Algoritm adds something to the palet, that i like, or better is usefull in the kind of music i make.
I was in a similar situation owning a few fm synths already.
I think ultimately the sounds from Algo could be made in pretty much any other dedicated fm synth, but it's the Algo workflow that sets it apart. It has a super fast work flow and it breaks down the traditional fm algorithms and let's you intuitively expand your sounds in new directions.

Full price, it wasn't even on my radar but I managed to redeem all my points and get it free. It's definitely worth a look on steep discount too.

jam-s

22 Sep 2021

I think so far the reward point didn't actually expire despite this being part of the rules (in the fine print on the rewards page before signup). Actually I was surprised that my points did not yet expire. So I guess that code is either broken or simply was not implemented yet.

Also 1 year is way too short to save enough reward points for a meaningful discount voucher given the selection in the rewards store.

Eurikon

23 Sep 2021

This is totally new to me, i have reward points for a very long time that did not expire unless i exchanged for a voucher.
Frankly i find it strange to make reward points expiring! As pointed out above it can take some time depending on one's situation to acquire the right amount of rewards to consider exchanging for a voucher.

Anyway thanks for enabling the 100 / 125 options!
★ --------------------------------------- ★
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon
https://eurikon.bandcamp.com
https://instagram.com/eurikon_music
★ --------------------------------------- ★

Neo

27 Sep 2021

I assumed left over points carried over.
If you use a 100* voucher what ever points are left are gone*?.

In my case: Current Reward Points started at 123.
I just purchased <Pattern Mutator for $69/Points> using a <100 off for 100 Points>
Current Reward Points now only show 23*
I should have 31 Points left over^ for a total of 54 Reward Points. But it looks like I'm only left with 23.
/ive contacted support for some clarity.

Some info was updated:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (80.41 KiB) Viewed 2382 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

• Information