no metering components?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

14 Sep 2021

are there really no metering components for the new combinator? anyone know if that’s something they’re planning to add?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

14 Sep 2021

Would be great!

selig
RE Developer

14 Sep 2021

The question will e, how do they implement?
I’m guessing it will be via the built in mixer, meaning to meter something you[ll have to give the Combinator specific access to that audio signal first. Which means it may be difficult to do things like a gain reduction meter for compressors, because you’ll need to have access to that audio signal, or convert from CV (which should also be possible, come to think of it).
Which reminds me, REALLY hoping for the eventual addition of user loading of filmstrips, which would open up the panel for any style control - any many of us already have a nice library of filmstrips (as do the Props in the SDK), plus plenty of freeware to make your own!
Selig Audio, LLC

rorystorm

14 Sep 2021

Yeah I've been thinking it would be nice to have an oscilloscope and the thing that shows the stereo spread i can't remember the name of right now

Creativemind

14 Sep 2021

rorystorm wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Yeah I've been thinking it would be nice to have an oscilloscope and the thing that shows the stereo spread i can't remember the name of right now
D'you mean like a vectorscope / goniometer like in Logic? they're both combined in that I think.

Goniometer Logic Pro X.PNG
Goniometer Logic Pro X.PNG (217.4 KiB) Viewed 311 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

guitfnky

14 Sep 2021

selig wrote:
14 Sep 2021
The question will e, how do they implement?
I’m guessing it will be via the built in mixer, meaning to meter something you[ll have to give the Combinator specific access to that audio signal first. Which means it may be difficult to do things like a gain reduction meter for compressors, because you’ll need to have access to that audio signal, or convert from CV (which should also be possible, come to think of it).
Which reminds me, REALLY hoping for the eventual addition of user loading of filmstrips, which would open up the panel for any style control - any many of us already have a nice library of filmstrips (as do the Props in the SDK), plus plenty of freeware to make your own!
yeah, I’m specifically interested in it for gain reduction, but obviously would want it for more traditional metering as well. it would be really helpful to have some inputs (audio and CV) which you could do some basic comparison functions on (difference in signal level [peak, and avg over defined # milliseconds], hold max/min values, etc.).

I’m trying to figure out how to capture all that with stock devices now, but don’t expect I’ll get very far.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2021

If the Combinator Editor could have a tap module that could “see” an audio or CV output from any device, that would be great. We already send cables to the Combinator, these new ones would just be invisible.

• Information