[solved] Still issues with Hi-Res

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

14 Sep 2021

I thought this was all fixed up now. But I noticed today that some of the built-in devices were not updating. Loaded a few and they just won't come good;

raymondh

14 Sep 2021

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... what-s-up-

Radical Piano, Klang, Pangea and Humana are not hi-res in Reason 12, what's up?
13 days ago Updated
If you are running Reason 12, all rack devices now have hi-resolution panels.

However, if you installed the optional content (Radical Piano, Klang, Pangea and Humana) before you updated to Reason 12, these devices will not have hi-resolution panels until you re-install the devices.

To re-install the optional devices, proceed as follows:

Windows
1. Shut down Reason 12.
2. In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Users\[your user name]\Music\Propellerhead Content\Optional Devices
and delete the Pangea, Humana, Klang and Radical Piano folders.
3. Launch Reason 12 and select Manage Content from the Window menu.
4. Download Pangea, Humana, Klang and Radical Piano again.
5. Restart Reason 12.

macOS
1. Shut down Reason 12.
2. In Finder, go to your personal library ~/Music/Propellerhead Content/Optional Devices
and delete the Pangea, Humana, Klang and Radical Piano folders.
3. Launch Reason 12 and select Manage Content from the Window menu.
4. Download Pangea, Humana, Klang and Radical Piano again.
5. Restart Reason 12.

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2021

I know this step is actually super easy once you know about it, but I still think it's so janky that these specific devices can only be updated this way. If they were able to be uninstalled using the Content Manager inside Reason it would be fine, but manually going into your User folder - into "Propellerhead" folder no less (I guarantee some new users aren't aware that RS used to be Propellerhead) - just seems poorly thought out.

Faastwalker

14 Sep 2021

Cool. Cheers for that. Removed and re-downloading now :thumbs_up:

Faastwalker

14 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
14 Sep 2021
I know this step is actually super easy once you know about it, but I still think it's so janky that these specific devices can only be updated this way. If they were able to be uninstalled using the Content Manager inside Reason it would be fine, but manually going into your User folder - into "Propellerhead" folder no less (I guarantee some new users aren't aware that RS used to be Propellerhead) - just seems poorly thought out.
Janky indeed. I assumed it was handled via the Companion App, where everything showed 'synced' for hi-res devices. I didn't even remember installing these devices this way previously but I guess I must have.

Mataya

14 Sep 2021

Viking II effects sections is also Janky on my PC.

M

Faastwalker

14 Sep 2021

Mataya wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Viking II effects sections is also Janky on my PC.

M
Following the issue with the devices mentioned above I started loading every device and RE I have!! :? There's quite a few things that don't look right. Should we start a list?! :shock:

• Information