Reason 12 Graphic's Issues.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zoidkirb

20 Oct 2021

Like Benedict I'm getting the 'disappearing' automation lines. Sequencer zoom in/out can bring the automation back into view but often that results in a different automation disappearing

Pepin

20 Oct 2021

Steedus wrote:
20 Oct 2021
Pepin wrote:
20 Oct 2021
Another graphical issue I found today:
Every blue knob on Malstrom has a line appear below it when turned all the way to the right. Happens on every zoom level.
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 12.40.17 AM.png
I have mixed results with this. Sometimes at some zoom level same are fine, but definitely there are always some which are displaying this issue..

Btw, flip the rack around on Malstrom (and Layers) ... what's missing? ;)
Great, now I can't unsee it :P
Hopefully those missing rails get fixed too.

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2021

Pepin wrote:
20 Oct 2021
Steedus wrote:
20 Oct 2021

I have mixed results with this. Sometimes at some zoom level same are fine, but definitely there are always some which are displaying this issue..

Haha, I've reported it :thumbs_up:

nooomy

19 Apr 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
05 Sep 2021
selig wrote:
03 Sep 2021

here's one of the master fader showing 11 is way more blurry than 12:
[R12 taken at 100%, and BOTH screen shots were enlarged by 400% for this image. Same number of screen pixels in both cases. Fun Fact: you can even see "star screws" instead of Phillips on the R12 version!]
You're not remotely doing a like-for-like comparison there.

noomy says "Did you notice how the SSL is more blurry at 100% [application zoom] in 12 compared to 11?"

That image you've displayed is not a like-for-like comparison at 100%. You've not got your R12 application zoom set to 100% in that image. ;)

Here's what it actually looks like, with just the image zoomed to 400%, and the 100% Reason application zoom in both.

R11 vs R12 at 100% (400% enlargement).png

and at original scale.

R11 vs R12 at 100%.png

It's disappointing noomy responded by assuming you were correct rather than trusting his own eyes!

At 100%, Reason 11 is sharper in everything. You'll also notice text contrast is noticably better.

(I wish I hadn't used magenta in my labelling, sorry! First rule of highlight club, never use hideously distracting colours. Like flourescent orange on splash screens... ;) )

So to answer noomy's question: The answer is "yes". :)
Has this been fixed yet?

Loque

19 Apr 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
05 Sep 2021
selig wrote:
03 Sep 2021

here's one of the master fader showing 11 is way more blurry than 12:
[R12 taken at 100%, and BOTH screen shots were enlarged by 400% for this image. Same number of screen pixels in both cases. Fun Fact: you can even see "star screws" instead of Phillips on the R12 version!]
You're not remotely doing a like-for-like comparison there.

noomy says "Did you notice how the SSL is more blurry at 100% [application zoom] in 12 compared to 11?"

That image you've displayed is not a like-for-like comparison at 100%. You've not got your R12 application zoom set to 100% in that image. ;)

Here's what it actually looks like, with just the image zoomed to 400%, and the 100% Reason application zoom in both.

R11 vs R12 at 100% (400% enlargement).png

and at original scale.

R11 vs R12 at 100%.png

It's disappointing noomy responded by assuming you were correct rather than trusting his own eyes!

At 100%, Reason 11 is sharper in everything. You'll also notice text contrast is noticably better.

(I wish I hadn't used magenta in my labelling, sorry! First rule of highlight club, never use hideously distracting colours. Like flourescent orange on splash screens... ;) )

So to answer noomy's question: The answer is "yes". :)
Thats interesting. I never noticed until now that the Mixer Buttons or lighted from left to right in R12 instead from top to down in R11. The rack knobs are now different, they are now top to down lighted in R12 isntead from left to reight (topleft to bottomright).

And the contrast is a bit lighter in R12.
Reason12, Win10

helmutson

22 Apr 2022

I have strange horizontal and vertical lines in many devices, appearing sometimes, sometimes not. The upper border of the new vocoder RE is not a straight line/boder, it's interrupted somehow. Around the transport "buttons" are lines , always when I use them, after some actions later they dissapearing. That's not the case in full screen mode. Whatever, there are more of so many stupid GUI problems, I can't accept this ... the whole DAW seems still so unfinished. I updated to R12 not long ago with the hope in mind RS will solve that very soon, I was wrong ... :thumbs_down:

PS : Beside that I have audio problems too, I never had before or have with other DAWs on the same system.

BTW ... I asked for a refund , because I can't accept that I have to pay for that ...

plaamook

04 May 2022

Here's a strange one.
On R12.2.5 I still get a white splash screen on start up. I have on every version of 12 so far.
Then the other day I started my Mac for a live set and I got a proper orange splash screen. Just once.
Now it's back to white again.

I can't even be bothered to report this sort of crap at this point but its interesting. No idea what happened there. Nothing updated. Didn't touch a thing as I was in the shoot for the gig. Wacky eh?

Running Catalina for what it's worth.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Iernesto

05 May 2022

plaamook wrote:
04 May 2022
Here's a strange one.
On R12.2.5 I still get a white splash screen on start up. I have on every version of 12 so far.
Then the other day I started my Mac for a live set and I got a proper orange splash screen. Just once.

I can't even be bothered to report this sort of crap at this point but its interesting. No idea what happened there. Nothing updated. Didn't touch a thing as I was in the shoot for the gig. Wacky eh?

This happens to me with Reason 12, both the beta and all versions. In addition, there are no letters in the devices, nor are the presets displayed correctly. Support has told me that my Ati Radeon 3000 is very old. I do not know what to think. All correct in R11 and in all the DAWs that I have tried.

plaamook

05 May 2022

Iernesto wrote:
05 May 2022
plaamook wrote:
04 May 2022
Here's a strange one.

This happens to me with Reason 12, both the beta and all versions. In addition, there are no letters in the devices, nor are the presets displayed correctly. Support has told me that my Ati Radeon 3000 is very old. I do not know what to think. All correct in R11 and in all the DAWs that I have tried.
Well I'm on a 2012 MacBook. If that's not old I don't know what it. But I don't have probs with the letters.
Does yours ever display correctly? That's the strange thing with my case. It just worked for one time. Doubly strange because usually you expect things to bug out for a gig not correct themselves!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Iernesto

05 May 2022

plaamook wrote:
05 May 2022
Iernesto wrote:
05 May 2022

Well I'm on a 2012 MacBook. If that's not old I don't know what it. But I don't have probs with the letters.
Does yours ever display correctly? That's the strange thing with my case. It just worked for one time. Doubly strange because usually you expect things to bug out for a gig not correct themselves!
Everything looks good except all the letters. In my case, everything was fine until I turned off the PC. Since then this has happened to me. I have reinstalled Windows and still the same. I'm like this since the first beta of R12.

anDre

08 Dec 2022

jugger wrote:
04 Sep 2021
blur.png

Main text font looks blurry in Reason 12 compared to 11 which is on the left. Like some weird anti-aliasing effect. I reported this as a bug on betatest but no reply from the devs. Resolution is 2560x1440. Another user reported similar problem with 1650 x 1050 resolution I think.

Does anyone else have this problem on the current released version? I haven't bought the upgrade yet because of this problem so not able to check.
Unfortunately i have this problem too.
Since the sample editor bug is fixed, i finally wanted to upgrade to Reason 12. I tested Reason v12.2.8 in advance and then encountered this graphic bug. It's really hard to look at that blurry text all the time, so unfortunately still no Reason 12 for me.

Was there a fix for this bug/error?

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2022

Pepin wrote:
20 Oct 2021
Steedus wrote:
20 Oct 2021

Still not fixed. (It's totally not important, but ... at the same time .... you know.)

stillifegaijin

08 Dec 2022

anDre wrote:
08 Dec 2022
jugger wrote:
04 Sep 2021
blur.png

Main text font looks blurry in Reason 12 compared to 11 which is on the left. Like some weird anti-aliasing effect. I reported this as a bug on betatest but no reply from the devs. Resolution is 2560x1440. Another user reported similar problem with 1650 x 1050 resolution I think.

Does anyone else have this problem on the current released version? I haven't bought the upgrade yet because of this problem so not able to check.
Since the sample editor bug is fixed, i finally wanted to upgrade to Reason 12. I tested Reason v12.2.8 in advance and then encountered this graphic bug. It's really hard to look at that blurry text all the time, so unfortunately still no Reason 12 for me.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this problem but I do wonder why you would test 12.2.8 instead of the newest version? Many many many things were changed and fixed, including graphic issues, in 12.2.9 and 12.2.10. You might wanna try the newest working update before giving up on 12.

anDre

08 Dec 2022

stillifegaijin wrote:
08 Dec 2022
anDre wrote:
08 Dec 2022

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this problem but I do wonder why you would test 12.2.8 instead of the newest version? Many many many things were changed and fixed, including graphic issues, in 12.2.9 and 12.2.10. You might wanna try the newest working update before giving up on 12.
12.2.8 was the newest version when i tested it and uninstalled it afterwards. I'm still on Reason 10.
Honestly i'm just too lazy to install 12 again and again only to check if there is a fix in a newer version.
That's why i asked here, hoping for quick info.

• Information