Reason 12 Graphic's Issues.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

Started this thread to post images of graphical errors within the new version of Reason.

try to post with details such as zoom level build version and an image of the issue.

Make sure you have given the device time to rescale before posting.

--edit--

capture image or gifs on windows.

if you press windows key + shift + s you can use the built in capture tool.
for gif's a very easy to use tool is available at https://www.screentogif.com/
Last edited by Billy+ on 03 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

Transport bar missing edges at zoom level 90% Reason build 12.2d36
missing edges.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

red line under button at zoom level 90% Reason build 12.2d36
red line.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ


User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

rack navigation edge darkens in certain positions zoom level 90% Reason build 12.2d36
rack navigator egde.png
rack navigator egde2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Billy+ on 02 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Join the beta? These are all already reported there :)
that might be a good idea, but if there all there why haven't they been fixed ?
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8996
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 02 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Join the beta? These are all already reported there :)
that might be a good idea, but if there all there why haven't they been fixed ?
Level of priority?

Maybe it's simple and they just replace the same transport items with the same versions, but in hi-res? Maybe they are considering reworking the transport and other areas to be different?

Mattias touches on continued work on graphics in the blog post.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Level of priority?

Maybe it's simple and they just replace the same transport items with the same versions, but in hi-res? Maybe they are considering reworking the transport and other areas to be different?

Mattias touches on continued work on graphics in the blog post.

Priority you say, well I guess that definitely depends on what the priority is (good product vs bad promise)

If you removed hi res then everything (CMBv2 & mimic) would / could have been put in an update with a few fixes in 11.4 / 11.5 and hi res working as intended could have been a real selling point for 12.

Well I've finished for today and will definitely be having a good play tomorrow.

Still not sure about beta tester though I've got 30 ish days left in 12 sub so I will think about it, how do you become a test pilot I would sell a limb to see the future ;) that's an NDA worth agreeing to :thumbs_up:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Irelle
Posts: 45
Joined: 16 Oct 2016
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 02 Sep 2021

same issue here...blurred and pixelated knobs etc. Reason support is not responding.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9258
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 02 Sep 2021

Irelle wrote:
02 Sep 2021
same issue here...blurred and pixelated knobs etc. Reason support is not responding.
Reason stock devices?
Did you updated your RE?
More info please or a Screenshot.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Sep 2021

Irelle wrote:
02 Sep 2021
same issue here...blurred and pixelated knobs etc. Reason support is not responding.
Reason talk isn't Reason support, they might visit on occasion but it's much better if you can post useful information. I'm running a test system that just about makes minimum requirements and have noticed a few things in 30 minutes of testing but I have included images and build information, I made sure to be on current version and allowed the devices time to scale to the zoom level I wanted.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

helmutson
Posts: 153
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

Imagine you're a new user and testing the demo before buying it. I would not buying it.
The whole software is full of graphic errors (mostly when using the zoom function),
looks like totally unfinished or half baked, whatever.
It is really the biggest disappointment I experience in my whole time with Propellerheads/RS and
I'm here since R 1 and Rebirth, Recycle etc ... its so sad to see for a long timer user :(

User avatar
nooomy
Posts: 506
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

Irelle wrote:
02 Sep 2021
same issue here...blurred and pixelated knobs etc. Reason support is not responding.
I reported it like 2 month ago during the beta when they released their first “release candidate” they obviously didn’t listen.

I’m not going to update until they fixed the blurry at 100% zoom. At 100% zoom Reason 12 looks worse than reason 11.

https://ibb.co/RQBygcT

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8996
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

I feel I've been spoiled with Reason hi-res. I'm using Logic and surprised by everything that isn't HD such as the smart controls for every plugin and all the old Logic plugins. People probably open those and think, "these are old, they get a pass". But not in Reason. RS had to update the graphics for EVERYTHING. I don't think the few things left for them to update is that big of a deal.

User avatar
Arrant
Posts: 393
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
03 Sep 2021
I feel I've been spoiled with Reason hi-res. I'm using Logic and surprised by everything that isn't HD such as the smart controls for every plugin and all the old Logic plugins. People probably open those and think, "these are old, they get a pass". But not in Reason. RS had to update the graphics for EVERYTHING. I don't think the few things left for them to update is that big of a deal.
Are you serious? The ENTIRE sequencer window remains untouched.
If you want your rack at 140% like me then the sequencer has to be 140% too, it's as pixelated as an old NES game. If we had separate zoom per window it wouldn't be a big deal, but without it it kind of is.

User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 328
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 03 Sep 2021

I get that they wanted to level up the rack first, and I know they have stated that adding HD to the elements that currently aren't is happening right now... But I'm still genuinely surprised they released R12 with the transport looking like it does at anything other than 100%. Everyone who uses Reason standalone sees the transport front and centre all the time.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Sep 2021

Anyone else having the Reason window jump down the screen when pressing tab at zoom levels at and over 160%?

160pluszoomtabissue.gif
---edit---
added gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Billy+ on 03 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9258
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Anyone else having the Reason window jump down the screen when pressing tab at zoom levels at and over 160%?
If the zoom is too high for your monitor, this can happen if the window is resizing and repositioning.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 405
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

I hate when a company puts up for sale a product that is not finished ... I do not like these policies to collect ... it makes them little credible. I'm going to wait for the storm to clear up. It's a real shame to see what this company is becoming ... I still think the same is a paid beta.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2669
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

Combinator edit mode from the rear ... left arrow for *something* hangs over the rack surface ... (cba to do screenshot)
---

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8996
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

avasopht wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Combinator edit mode from the rear ... left arrow for *something* hangs over the rack surface ... (cba to do screenshot)
No clue what you mean and I don't see any issues here.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Sep 2021

avasopht wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Combinator edit mode from the rear ... left arrow for *something* hangs over the rack surface ... (cba to do screenshot)
Windows key + shift + s will give you access to the snip tool, it's easy to capture the issue and might help :thumbs_up:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Sep 2021

Got a CMBv2 issue, not graphical but I'm posting here.

Right click a device control allows you to use the quick map function (map to combi control) which is really handy but it's not available on all controls?
maptocombi1.png
maptocombi2.png
maptocombi3.png
So in umpf retro, I'm basically trying to access the bass treble hiss hum and hum freq knobs, but non are accessible to the CMBv2 programming interface....

So I guess this means that it's got no more access to controls than any other version, i.e. If they wasn't automatable they still can't be accessed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8996
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Got a CMBv2 issue, not graphical but I'm posting here.

Right click a device control allows you to use the quick map function (map to combi control) which is really handy but it's not available on all controls?

maptocombi1.png
maptocombi2.png
maptocombi3.png

So in umpf retro, I'm basically trying to access the bass treble hiss hum and hum freq knobs, but non are accessible to the CMBv2 programming interface....
Which ones? Sounds like you are trying to map controls that aren't mappable/automatable? And looking at your screenshot, that appears to be the case. Are they available from the editor?


  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], AttenuationHz, avasopht, BRIGGS, CommonCrawl [Bot], Jackjackdaw, korsun, nemesjs, RealEvg, scotward57, tc13, thedude, Yandex [Bot] and 5 guests