Reason Studios Appreciation Thread [R12 edition]

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Reason Studios have been toiling away trying their best to deliver a kick-ass offering to their current users and potentially new users alike.

While their dials don't all go up to 11, they've given us the next phase of Reason - high-resolution support, a Combinator on steroids, and a new device to breathe new life into our sample collections.

If you got complaints, please feel free to start your own thread.

MadGadget

02 Sep 2021

Got to say that I am loving it at the moment .... no doubt a few tweaks here and there, but it's running nicely.

Didn't want the monthly subscription version, as I've been running Reason since, well since before when it was Rebirth, and upgraded each time, so was happy to get the perpetual version of 12.

Copied my remote stuff over and did the his-res downloads and the install went smoothly :)

Running it on an iMac Pro with Big Sur 11.5.2 with four screens and a tonne of VSTs as well and it's stable so far... initially went back and forth with v11 Suite to compare, but the hi-res graphics do make such a difference, that I want to stay with 12 !!!
Last edited by MadGadget on 02 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

arnigretar

02 Sep 2021

I am sweating like young usa kids listening to Donda on repeat - but myself smiling on the combinator and using my favorite gear in HD. Wonderful stuff this Reason 12. Never been better. And I have been here since 1. ReBirth before that. :reason: Cheers to the lovers and hugs to the haters. Long live Reason :clap:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

MadGadget

02 Sep 2021

Ah yes, the combinator .... pretty awesome .... just getting my head round how powerful it is ....

zabukowski

02 Sep 2021

User since version 1 ... in love with Reason ... more than ever :clap:

guitfnky

02 Sep 2021

what they work on, they usually knock out of the park, and it sounds like v12 is consistent with that. glad to hear so many are loving it, and really happy they seem to have taken the feedback from their last few announcements to heart. and it’s great to see them a little bit more visible/active here on the forums. 👍🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

02 Sep 2021

npinero1

02 Sep 2021

I've already opened several heavy songs in R12 and it is working amazingly well.
I was able to lower my buffer size for songs that had 24-32 tracks with an even split of audio and instrument tracks and I had no issues.

That is awesome.

I still want more features in the sequencer, BUT this is working really well, THANK YOU!
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
C'mon billy worst case scenario you are £129 better off if it's not for you. Appreciate your disappointed but you can always start a thread for others that also feel that way as the op suggest. Perhaps this thread may even be read by rs staff that can at least be aware.

Essence of this thread is for those happy with 12 and considering the mostly friendly community here I am happy for those that find value in the new version. We all make our own choices after all.

tronam

02 Sep 2021

They've no doubt been working very hard on massive under-the-hood improvements to the lay the groundwork for future evolution. Most will probably agree that we still have some ways to go, but I think they're on the right track and this is why I felt good about upgrading. Even though I'm not subscribed to R+, the silver lining to such a service could be a shift toward more frequent updates in order to maintain those subscribers and more open dialogue with the userbase about what to focus on next. That's the hope anyway. I don't want Reason to fade into obscurity.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Billy+

02 Sep 2021

Popey wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
C'mon billy worst case scenario you are £129 better off if it's not for you. Appreciate your disappointed but you can always start a thread for others that also feel that way as the op suggest. Perhaps this thread may even be read by rs staff that can at least be aware.

Essence of this thread is for those happy with 12 and considering the mostly friendly community here I am happy for those that find value in the new version. We all make our own choices after all.
Well I've spent the day with a stupid spinning windows is doing sh*t animation while updating from 7 to 10 as now all the current sound packs require mimic and CMBv2 so that's about as much as I can appreciate V12 for the moment and of course don't forget that currently I don't see any reason for the os requirements to have really been change, I'm just hoping that there's good reason for CMBv2 to have been used for the content especially as most look like single devices patches still mimic might have some interesting features and maybe 75% zoom will cheer me up?

And remember don't poke a sleeping bear....

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Popey wrote:
02 Sep 2021

Well I've spent the day with a stupid spinning windows is doing sh*t animation while updating from 7 to 10 as now all the current sound packs require mimic and CMBv2 so that's about as much as I can appreciate V12 for the moment and of course don't forget that currently I don't see any reason for the os requirements to have really been change, I'm just hoping that there's good reason for CMBv2 to have been used for the content especially as most look like single devices patches still mimic might have some interesting features and maybe 75% zoom will cheer me up?

Ah I didnt know you had got 12 or is this for the 3 in 3 subscription. Not trying to poke any sleeping bears as i have no beef with anyone, especially someone who seems a decent person and actually went out of their way to help me recently. Just meant although I have come to conclusion 12 is not for me I am happy some of the people on here are and respect this is a positive thread.

Heigen5

02 Sep 2021

Big thanks to the Reason Studios, because you did put many features into it that I've been requesting - The Indexing for the search and combi 2 and the new sampler too. High Res was not something I requested, but because I bought a new bigger screen just few days ago, I appreciate the zoom too. Well done Props! Love you! :D :clap:

Billy+

02 Sep 2021

Popey wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021

Ah I didnt know you had got 12 or is this for the 3 in 3 subscription. Not trying to poke any sleeping bears as i have no beef with anyone, especially someone who seems a decent person and actually went out of their way to help me recently. Just meant although I have come to conclusion 12 is not for me I am happy some of the people on here are and respect this is a positive thread.
I'm cool, and thanks for the acknowledgement :clap:

Yes I'm playing with sub as it was cheap, I'm trying it on an old laptop just for giggles and as the current feature set doesn't interest me I thought I would continue with the subscription but that means upgrading the os as V12 isn't getting anywhere near my main system until it's fixed and has something worth the hassle.

On a more positive approach I do like what's been done hires new CMBv2 are really good for the DAW, well done RS :clap:

mtbh

02 Sep 2021

avasopht wrote:
02 Sep 2021
breathe new life into our sample collections.
The updated file browser has made a pretty big difference for me already - auditioning drum samples in many libraries was nearly impossible before, no problem now (after indexing, that is :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Popey wrote:
02 Sep 2021

Billy. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Microsoft!!! It means that if you want to write software with the latest development tools from Microsoft, you are going to have to develop on Windows 10.

Windows 10 has been out for 5 years now. It was a free upgrade (even for people who had illegal versions of Windows 7 and 8).

There is little to no reason for anyone to need to support Windows 7 unless there is an unavoidable technical reason for doing so (like your hospital life support management system is only compatible with Windows 7, and not supporting Windows 7 means life support systems start malfunctioning and turning patients into memories).

Billy+

02 Sep 2021

avasopht wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021

Billy. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Microsoft!!! It means that if you want to write software with the latest development tools from Microsoft, you are going to have to develop on Windows 10.

Windows 10 has been out for 5 years now. It was a free upgrade (even for people who had illegal versions of Windows 7 and 8).

There is little to no reason for anyone to need to support Windows 7 unless there is an unavoidable technical reason for doing so (like your hospital life support management system is only compatible with Windows 7, and not supporting Windows 7 means life support systems start malfunctioning and turning patients into memories).
Wonderful ;)

VariableX

02 Sep 2021

i love reason!
its problem is its just so complete!
hard to add the gravy when its already submerged in the stuff!

Jagwah

03 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
lol

Carpainter

03 Sep 2021

zabukowski wrote:
02 Sep 2021
User since version 1 ... in love with Reason ... more than ever :clap:
Same here. Reason 12 is the best update since Reason 4 in my opinion. As a long-time Max user, I really appreciate what they did with Combinator 2 and hope they add even more depth in the future.

michael.jaye

03 Sep 2021

The new patches included are really good. Interesting and usable.

Creativemind

03 Sep 2021

Jagwah wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Sep 2021
lol
That is very funny. :lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information