Reason 12 has arrived

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9391
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021


No I actually made it in the past to help explain to others. Maybe someone else can help explain it better.
So it was repurposed to deliberately cause an insult then, just goes to show your understanding of the problem and how it effects other users.
I don't see how it's seen as an insult. I think there is just some misunderstandings here about this and that. All we lose is the 4+4 macros from the mixer itself. And remote functionality is coming back for those, which will work the same way that automation has carried over. Aside from that, I have a hard time getting on the same page about what other functionality that is missing. So I guess I'll leave it that for now. Sorry for any offense caused.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9391
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
05 Sep 2021
I'll stop after this but it seams that RS thought hey most people are not using the mixer like we intended them to so we just remove those controls :D
I think it's more complicated than that. And for the record, I don't know the reasoning. But I imagine that when we are given the ability to load any number of Combinators in an insert, what then do people want in the mixer? Still just 4+4 macros that controls the first 4 rotaries and 4 buttons of the first combinator? Probably not. Do they make it customizable? Does that break other things? And then how many macros do people want to control from the mixer for an insert that can now have infinite macros? Or is it more efficient to just direct users to the insert via the 'edit inserts' button to control ALL of the macros there? And maybe they do add something in the future?

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 05 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021


You could already do that with the combinator on the Mix Channel all you needed to do was drag the combinator into the Mix Channel, all devices uncombine.
Exactly my point. Now they aren't broken. All that programming remains. We have MANY more macros to control and automate. I do realize we lost the 4+4 macros from the mixer and I understand that some people used those. But everything else around that was clunky before and those things have been fixed.
So that dragging the combi into the inserts before did mean it would not copy over the programming, this is evidently more things not being thought through properly. You do realise that supports what I brought up earlier. This should have been fixed breaking the Mix Channel is not a fix. The new combinator should have been a new device not overriding the functionality of the old one with backwards compatibility with old patches. Adding functionality should never replace used features unless there is a suitable replacement for those old features.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 05 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021


So it was repurposed to deliberately cause an insult then, just goes to show your understanding of the problem and how it effects other users.
I don't see how it's seen as an insult. I think there is just some misunderstandings here about this and that. All we lose is the 4+4 macros from the mixer itself. And remote functionality is coming back for those, which will work the same way that automation has carried over. Aside from that, I have a hard time getting on the same page about what other functionality that is missing. So I guess I'll leave it that for now. Sorry for any offense caused.
It's not an insult. All it is, is another poor attempt to derail the thread because you or the other mods can't win the argument. You don't want to admit that you are wrong, I get that. No offence caused at all.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9391
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021


I don't see how it's seen as an insult. I think there is just some misunderstandings here about this and that. All we lose is the 4+4 macros from the mixer itself. And remote functionality is coming back for those, which will work the same way that automation has carried over. Aside from that, I have a hard time getting on the same page about what other functionality that is missing. So I guess I'll leave it that for now. Sorry for any offense caused.
It's not an insult. All it is, is another poor attempt to derail the thread because you or the other mods can't win the argument. You don't want to admit that you are wrong, I get that. No offence caused at all.
Not sure why you group mods together. They all have independent thoughts and opinions. Derail the thread? The thread is about Reason 12.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 3129
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 05 Sep 2021

Dreams do come true :D

In hindsight, both of those features are a big deal!
aeox wrote:
22 Sep 2017
I think it's a good value for what they are giving. I just don't know if I'll really have a use for these new synths personally.

Things I was hoping for:

-Combinator with modular faders, buttons, knobs, etc.
-Bézier curve automation.

Ah well, those things aren't a big deal anyway.

Back to work.

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 05 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021


It's not an insult. All it is, is another poor attempt to derail the thread because you or the other mods can't win the argument. You don't want to admit that you are wrong, I get that. No offence caused at all.
Not sure why you group mods together. They all have independent thoughts and opinions. Derail the thread? The thread is about Reason 12.
Derail that's right as in distract from the original trajectory of the discussion. That being me providing my feedback to the Reason 12 thread about the removal of features along with other feedback about its release and nobody but mods having an issue with a small part of that feedback. Going as far as nit picking about things that are not mentioned in that feedback, to trivialise it or making false claims about that feedback and outright lying that it is a non-issue even where statements to the contrary provided by mods on multiple occasions ' that there is a coming work-around ' for that "non-issue" state otherwise. Maybe the discussion should be split so no negative feedback can be in the thread, oh wait there's one of those discussions going already. Perhaps mods should take a step back and let the discussion flow so the actual truth can be shown in the thread instead of constantly trying to delegitimise feedback provided by users.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9632
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021
...
First, i am still a user here and have an opinion.
Second, i am also a mod and won't step back and let every discussion just flow (out of control).
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3084
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021


Not sure why you group mods together. They all have independent thoughts and opinions. Derail the thread? The thread is about Reason 12.
Derail that's right as in distract from the original trajectory of the discussion. That being me providing my feedback to the Reason 12 thread about the removal of features along with other feedback about its release and nobody but mods having an issue with a small part of that feedback. Going as far as nit picking about things that are not mentioned in that feedback, to trivialise it or making false claims about that feedback and outright lying that it is a non-issue even where statements to the contrary provided by mods on multiple occasions ' that there is a coming work-around ' for that "non-issue" state otherwise. Maybe the discussion should be split so no negative feedback can be in the thread, oh wait there's one of those discussions going already. Perhaps mods should take a step back and let the discussion flow so the actual truth can be shown in the thread instead of constantly trying to delegitimise feedback provided by users.
There’s no reason to feel personally attacked for other Reason users (that includes mods) also sharing an opinion that happens to disagree with yours. Relax, you’re thinking about this way too hard. You’re not being moderated hence your posts are still here and not deleted.

And for the millionth time, we don’t work for RS! So there’s no agenda of stopping “actual truth” because we really get nothing out of it. We’re on a fan site like everyone else is, so we give our individual opinions. We just took on the responsibility of voluntarily making sure you don’t see spam. And believe me, there’s plenty of it daily.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9391
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021


Not sure why you group mods together. They all have independent thoughts and opinions. Derail the thread? The thread is about Reason 12.
Derail that's right as in distract from the original trajectory of the discussion. That being me providing my feedback to the Reason 12 thread about the removal of features along with other feedback about its release and nobody but mods having an issue with a small part of that feedback. Going as far as nit picking about things that are not mentioned in that feedback, to trivialise it or making false claims about that feedback and outright lying that it is a non-issue even where statements to the contrary provided by mods on multiple occasions ' that there is a coming work-around ' for that "non-issue" state otherwise. Maybe the discussion should be split so no negative feedback can be in the thread, oh wait there's one of those discussions going already. Perhaps mods should take a step back and let the discussion flow so the actual truth can be shown in the thread instead of constantly trying to delegitimise feedback provided by users.
I'm sorry, but I still don't follow. I think this is merely different interpretations. And here you are telling me that only what you say is truth and anything I say as a mod is false, etc. and anybody offering insight and opinions contrary to yours is derailing. I'm not sure who is the one trying to moderate here...

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3390
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 05 Sep 2021

Man you moderators have taken some sh*t over the last 18 months what with + and companion now with the changes in R12 and all while the entire planet is still being consumed with covid.

:clap:

Seriously :clap:

You all deserve a drink on the house and I think you all have a right to your opinions regardless of whom you upset.

People need to understand that you and this forum are not Reason support but fanboys like the majority of people who actually contribute daily to reasontalk.
:clap: :clap:

Hats off to you, your skin must be as thick as a rhino

VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 05 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
05 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021
...
First, i am still a user here and have an opinion.
Second, i am also a mod and won't step back and let every discussion just flow (out of control).
Did you provide an opinion about the Mix Channel? Don't know were you stand on it to be honest.
joeyluck wrote:
05 Sep 2021

I'm sorry, but I still don't follow. I think this is merely different interpretations. And here you are telling me that only what you say is truth and anything I say as a mod is false, etc. and anybody offering insight and opinions contrary to yours is derailing. I'm not sure who is the one trying to moderate here...
You should really pay attention and read what is being said here. I haven't said only what I say is truth, I've also not said that what you say as a mod is false. Where is that even coming from?
QVprod wrote:
05 Sep 2021

There’s no reason to feel personally attacked for other Reason users (that includes mods) also sharing an opinion that happens to disagree with yours. Relax, you’re thinking about this way too hard. You’re not being moderated hence your posts are still here and not deleted.

And for the millionth time, we don’t work for RS! So there’s no agenda of stopping “actual truth” because we really get nothing out of it. We’re on a fan site like everyone else is, so we give our individual opinions. We just took on the responsibility of voluntarily making sure you don’t see spam. And believe me, there’s plenty of it daily.
I don't feel personally attacked for other users or myself why would I feel personally attacked for mods, if there was personal attacks or abuse I would have used the report button. There really shouldn't be any debate on the matter. The original reply is feedback even bad feedback is still legitimate feedback, however comments that continually pick apart that feedback only serve to delegitimise it like I already said. Nobody said you work for RS, I certainly didn't. The fact that you're being so defensive about it speaks volumes though, I haven't accused anyone of having any agenda. Or are you doing that thing again were you lie and accuse people of saying things they didn't. I'm commenting no further on the matter there is nothing further to say.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
guitfnky
Banned user
Posts: 4110
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

of course mods are free to share their opinions like anyone else. but in my experience there are a few who are very dismissive of anyone even remotely critical of Reason. constantly suggesting that things others find frustrating are just misunderstandings is short sighted, condescending, and arguably selfish.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3084
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Sep 2021

AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021

QVprod wrote:
05 Sep 2021

There’s no reason to feel personally attacked for other Reason users (that includes mods) also sharing an opinion that happens to disagree with yours. Relax, you’re thinking about this way too hard. You’re not being moderated hence your posts are still here and not deleted.

And for the millionth time, we don’t work for RS! So there’s no agenda of stopping “actual truth” because we really get nothing out of it. We’re on a fan site like everyone else is, so we give our individual opinions. We just took on the responsibility of voluntarily making sure you don’t see spam. And believe me, there’s plenty of it daily.
I don't feel personally attacked for other users or myself why would I feel personally attacked for mods, if there was personal attacks or abuse I would have used the report button. There really shouldn't be any debate on the matter. The original reply is feedback even bad feedback is still legitimate feedback, however comments that continually pick apart that feedback only serve to delegitimise it like I already said. Nobody said you work for RS, I certainly didn't. The fact that you're being so defensive about it speaks volumes though, I haven't accused anyone of having any agenda. Or are you doing that thing again were you lie and accuse people of saying things they didn't. I'm commenting no further on the matter there is nothing further to say.
You don't feel personally attacked yet you accuse me of lying and accusing you of saying something you didn't... That doesn't add up. You say very suggestive things like; mods should take a step back so that the "real truth" can come out, yet say you're not suggesting an agenda. Again, doesn't add up. Twice now, you've all but accused me of being a liar and "gaslighting" you and I'm the one who's defensive? :lol: I didn't even respond to your previous ridiculous gaslighting statement. I haven't made a single comment about your personal character (and still won't). The fact you appear to think yourself so significant that I would feel need to make up stories about you is laughable. The entire thread is publicly readable from start to finish. How could I possibly make up something? That's silly. There's plenty of negative feedback on Reason 12 on this thread and others, some of which I agree with.

If you have a problem with people disagreeing with your point of view, don't post on a forum. Send directly to Reason Studios on https://www.reasonstudios.com (not independently owned ReasonTalk) and be done with it. But yes, let's be done with this derail.

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 2052
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 06 Sep 2021

QVprod wrote:
05 Sep 2021
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Sep 2021

I don't feel personally attacked for other users or myself why would I feel personally attacked for mods, if there was personal attacks or abuse I would have used the report button. There really shouldn't be any debate on the matter. The original reply is feedback even bad feedback is still legitimate feedback, however comments that continually pick apart that feedback only serve to delegitimise it like I already said. Nobody said you work for RS, I certainly didn't. The fact that you're being so defensive about it speaks volumes though, I haven't accused anyone of having any agenda. Or are you doing that thing again were you lie and accuse people of saying things they didn't. I'm commenting no further on the matter there is nothing further to say.
You don't feel personally attacked yet you accuse me of lying and accusing you of saying something you didn't... That doesn't add up. You say very suggestive things like; mods should take a step back so that the "real truth" can come out, yet say you're not suggesting an agenda. Again, doesn't add up. Twice now, you've all but accused me of being a liar and "gaslighting" you and I'm the one who's defensive? :lol: I didn't even respond to your previous ridiculous gaslighting statement. I haven't made a single comment about your personal character (and still won't). The fact you appear to think yourself so significant that I would feel need to make up stories about you is laughable. The entire thread is publicly readable from start to finish. How could I possibly make up something? That's silly. There's plenty of negative feedback on Reason 12 on this thread and others, some of which I agree with.

If you have a problem with people disagreeing with your point of view, don't post on a forum. Send directly to Reason Studios on https://www.reasonstudios.com (not independently owned ReasonTalk) and be done with it. But yes, let's be done with this derail.
It is rather childish and quite frankly embarrassing for you to not admit you are wrong. I'm not the one making wild and baseless accusations here. Read what was said, because it doesn't add up because again you are in the wrong.
Perhaps mods should take a step back and let the discussion flow so the actual truth can be shown in the thread instead of constantly trying to delegitimise feedback provided by users.
Lying about what people say is delegitimising it, you're inserting things that have not been said by me so therefor you are lying about what I have said. "Actual truth" refers to what was actually said.

I've continually been taken out of context and mis-quoted or misunderstood. I did not say any of the things you and others have been saying in replies, I didn't accuse you of working for RS, I didn't accuse anyone of having an agenda. You said all these things. I didn't say only what I say is truth or say anything mod's say false or anybody offering insight and opinions contrary to my own is derailing what I said in reference to this and what I was referring to was consent disagreement and or outright lying about what has been said is derailing the thread. Is the thread now derailed, yes. Have the mods derailed it, yes. Should they know better, of course they should.

I've no problem with anyone disagreeing with me - like I have already said when you first lied about a bunch of things I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's when they insert things that are not true, which they claim I said that I draw the line. This is not being personally attacked though something I didn't claim or say, you said that also. So coming to some sort of conclusion based on more untruths that I am 'personally attacked' over 'lies' you have said I have accused you of where you have in fact lied makes no sense as an argument. It doesn't add up because I have not been personally attacked. You can't be personally attacked when you know lies are told, personal attacks are damaging remarks about a persons lifestyle or choices though by the way or for example remarks like are you dumb? or that's one ugly ass hat you have on neither has taken place in the thread nor have claimed that it has and if it had, I'll say again, I would have reported it. I was happy enough to leave it as it was but obviously you feel the need to keep arguing about it. I'm still happy to leave it as is. I'd advise you to review what you said and find where you have errored though before you add any further replies. The example above in the quote just goes to show how much you are in the wrong. I'm a member here since 2015 I know exactly how the forum works.
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 06 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1738
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 06 Sep 2021

DRAMA

Image

User avatar
deeplink
Posts: 633
Joined: 08 Jul 2020
Location: Dubai / Cape Town

Post 06 Sep 2021

Putting my new Combinator Photoshop skills to the test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Get Combinators, ReFills and RS SoundPacks at the Shared GoogleDrive: [deeplink] Open RS-Project

helmutson
Posts: 161
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 06 Sep 2021

After some days working with R12 (release version) now, I'm still have very mixed emotions about it ...

I love the HD part very much, it's so cool zooming Complex-1, for example, to 140-160% and having that big crystal clear image. Pure fun .
Combinator 2 is awesome, I didn't scratched the surface until yet ... endless possibilities . Mimic is nice, RS way in the Simpler/Quicksampler territory. Thats the good parts ...

Again, that horrible GUI beside the Rack/Mixer is so unbelievable bad, I was so nerved about it that I deinstalled R12 two times, because of it ... I do really hope RS see how annoying it is and correct it asap.

User avatar
alipi
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Sep 2021

avasopht wrote:
05 Sep 2021
...
It's a pretty pointless way of looking at things because it doesn't make any real difference.
...
You are disagreeing with things I didn't write or think. Reason Studios decide if they want to consider my feedback regarding the confusing product line and pricing. My intention was not to get into philosophical debates about whatever is being discussed in this thread. Next time, if ever, I'll just give the feedback to them directly instead of through this "community".

Stamatz
Posts: 54
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Location: NY/USA

Post 06 Sep 2021

I have been digging into R12 as well and came across the following issues:
1 - After creating a new combinator, remote over-ride mapped the controls and saved the patch. When I reopened the combinator or patch the remote mappings were gone.
I was able to modify the codec of my Nektar P4 to allow all eight rotarys to work but that is as far as I got. I would like to map all the controls of the P4 to the new combinator.
2 - The groove mixer - When the light is ON, it's actually OFF.
"Edit - Not enough coffee this morning..lol
" 3 - Redrum - When I'm in seq mode, the button lights are OFF when the step is selcted. Like the polarity is switched? That was happing in in R11 too so not sure if it's a Nektar or R11/R12 issue.
It was working normally before one of the R11 point updates. The mappings are very important to me, I hope Necktar or Reason provides a way for us to save the mappings as part of the patch or Nektar updates their codec.

Wondering how Poobear is faring with the new combi mappings?
Last edited by Stamatz on 06 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Presonus Audiobox 96, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 4.7 GHZ, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 500GB SSD, 2TB 7200 HD, 500GB SSD:refillpacker:

User avatar
Arrant
Posts: 464
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Sep 2021

Stamatz wrote:
06 Sep 2021
1 - After creating a new combinator, remote over-ride mapped the controls and saved the patch. When I reopened the combinator or patch the remote mappings were gone.
I was able to modify the codec of my Nektar P4 to allow all eight rotarys to work but that is as far as I got. I would like to map all the controls of the P4 to the new combinator.
2 - The groove mixer - When the light is ON, it's actually OFF.
4 - Redrum - When I'm in seq mode, the button lights are OFF when the step is selcted. Like the polarity is switched? That was happing in in R11 too so not sure if it's a Nektar or R11/R12 issue.
You need to work on your counting ;)

User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 379
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 06 Sep 2021

RS staff seem particularly quiet here considering a new version of Reason was officially released last week. Also quiet on r/reasoners, KVR thread, Twitter and in the comments beneath the R12 release video.

Hopefully this means they're hard at work on 12.3!

helmutson
Posts: 161
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 06 Sep 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
06 Sep 2021
RS staff seem particularly quiet here considering a new version of Reason was officially released last week. Also quiet on r/reasoners, KVR thread, Twitter and in the comments beneath the R12 release video.

Hopefully this means they're hard at work on 12.3!
:clap: :thumbs_up:

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2921
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Sep 2021

alipi wrote:
06 Sep 2021

You are disagreeing with things I didn't write or think. Reason Studios decide if they want to consider my feedback regarding the confusing product line and pricing. My intention was not to get into philosophical debates about whatever is being discussed in this thread. Next time, if ever, I'll just give the feedback to them directly instead of through this "community".
Just so we're clear, I'm not defending RS.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you were saying.

It seemed, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you were talking about the bundled pricing of the DAW and RRP.

If so, RS have commented on this already in a thread about this exact topic.

Again, I may have misunderstood what you were saying.

I'm not looking to get into an argument with you and was just putting things into perspective on the assumption you were concerned about RRP Vs the DAW pricing as this has come up before, and it's not until you really think about it that you can see why the pricing could make sense to those who want it.

There also seem to be a lot of presumptions about their focus being shifted from the DAW, which doesn't make sense given all new features are relevant to Reason as a DAW (mimic, high Res, weekly sound packs, improved browser, rebuilding all stock devices with high Res support, etc.)

Even Ableton live had a long period where they were just fixing bugs and addressing stability issues for well over a year.
---

DonnieAlan
Posts: 264
Joined: 25 Jan 2017

Post 06 Sep 2021

I'm glad 12 is out. However, I am STILL disappointed that you can't host VST's in Rack mode, only Reason standalone. Why Reason won't implement that is a mystery to me. I've seen posts from several Reason users who want that same feature. I can't think of a single reason they wouldn't do that. If they did, Reason would become the most powerful VI on the planet overnight because, in effect, it could be ALL VI's at once. Imagine using the Combinator to set up elaborate, evolving patches using 3, 4, 5, or 6 or more of your favorite VI's all in one setting and saved as one patch. Please Reason MAKE THIS POSSIBLE...NOW!!!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], rorystorm, Trendiction [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 4 guests