Reason 12 has arrived

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

01 Sep 2021

Happy release day guys. I'm really happy with it and as I said over on FB I've made more combis in a morning than I've made in all my years of using Reason. Well done. Can't wait to see what's coming in the next year <3

*PS: also it runs great too!

chimp_spanner

01 Sep 2021

zabukowski wrote:
01 Sep 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Oh. OK. Thanks :thumbup:

....I've 'synced all' my REs from my account and they all still look like trash at anything other than 100%... What am I missing here?
Mine looks prety good, except for Radical Piano.
You will need to manually delete it from the Reason content folder and re-download it. Then it'll be high res! Because that (and the other optional content) is not delivered through the RE system it won't auto update in the same way. Bit clumsy but, it will be fine after you do that!

zabukowski

01 Sep 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
01 Sep 2021
zabukowski wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Mine looks prety good, except for Radical Piano.
You will need to manually delete it from the Reason content folder and re-download it. Then it'll be high res! Because that (and the other optional content) is not delivered through the RE system it won't auto update in the same way. Bit clumsy but, it will be fine after you do that!
Hm, i can't find Radical Piano RE anywhere in Reason folders on Windows ?!? Any idea? Maybe because it's built in.

chimp_spanner

01 Sep 2021

zabukowski wrote:
01 Sep 2021
chimp_spanner wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Hm, i can't find Radical Piano RE anywhere in Reason folders on Windows ?!? Any idea? Maybe because it's built in.
Oh interesting! Sorry I was thinking of the Soundiron stuff (Humana etc.). Maybe one for James? James knows most of the things :lol:

Djstarski

01 Sep 2021

I have to say this . Why did they use another sequencer in the video . Ok Reason Studios , we are all family here . Want are you really up to ? You can tell us .

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

01 Sep 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
01 Sep 2021
zabukowski wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Oh interesting! Sorry I was thinking of the Soundiron stuff (Humana etc.). Maybe one for James? James knows most of the things :lol:
No you're right. Radical Piano's the same as the Klang, Pangea and Humana. https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... what-s-up-

zabukowski

01 Sep 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
01 Sep 2021
zabukowski wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Thx, no worries, i guess it's scheduled for the future updates ... btw. anyone else with Radical Piano low res or it's just me maybe???

EDIT: solved !!!
Last edited by zabukowski on 01 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

electrofux

01 Sep 2021

Now that its out, how many CV Ins does the new Combinator have? Holding breath.

zabukowski

01 Sep 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
01 Sep 2021
chimp_spanner wrote:
01 Sep 2021

No you're right. Radical Piano's the same as the Klang, Pangea and Humana. https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... what-s-up-
Ah, ok, now i understand ... downloading :)

EDIT: looking perfect now !!!

Thank you!!!
Last edited by zabukowski on 01 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

buddard
RE Developer

01 Sep 2021

electrofux wrote:
01 Sep 2021
4 additional CV inputs, so in total 12 CV inputs (4 rotary + 8 programmer). And the old rotary CV ins are now freely assignable to any of the rotaries in your combinator.

electrofux

01 Sep 2021

buddard wrote:
01 Sep 2021
electrofux wrote:
01 Sep 2021
4 additional CV inputs, so in total 12 CV inputs (4 rotary + 8 programmer). And the old rotary CV ins are now freely assignable to any of the rotaries in your combinator.
thx. 4 more is good!

Jagwah

01 Sep 2021

Congrats Props.

I am happy to stay on R10 for now, some sequencer upgrades one day would be really cool and I would probably jump on it as soon as a new version dropped with them.

VIVIsect

01 Sep 2021

Still no drag and drop from Reason's browser to VST. Because of course not.

Heigen5

01 Sep 2021

By the way, now we can right click on the knobs that are inside the combi and map them.

stygian_corvidae

01 Sep 2021

Does installing Reason 12 upgrade the Reason Rack 11 VST or do you end up with two Reason Rack VSTs?

Neo

01 Sep 2021

zabukowski wrote:
01 Sep 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Transport160.png

R12 Transport bar at 160% application zoom... what am I missing here?
It's coming ... https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/comb ... -reason-12

For me, the real joy is that unpredictable CPU usage seems to be normal and stable again ... at least so far :thumbup:
Cheers.

"Now that Reason 12 is properly released you might wonder what's next? We'll have more to say about that in the near future but for starters we'll simply keep working. The Combinator's been designed to be expanded with more features over time and there are still parts of Reason that need hi-res assets, so that's where we'll start."
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

nscerri

01 Sep 2021

Sold.... downloading :)

Heater

01 Sep 2021

Still no native Mac M1 support

PhillipOrdonez

01 Sep 2021

Finally the wait is over. Congrats RS!

Shadoww

01 Sep 2021

One of my fav games is Super Mario Maker. This sick new combinator looks like it is the sound design equivalent! Cool and innovative idea - Super Reason Maker 12 👏

EdGrip

01 Sep 2021

C2 looks like a massive upgrade for sound design, which has always been Reason's biggest strength. I look forward to seeing the new combinators! Someone can finally nail the Endless Smile/"Infinite Gurn" combinator I was trying to make but couldn't because of the lack of range and curve controls for the rotaries and various other hitches.

Not me though, or at least not unless I see anything that compels me to take money out of the Matriarch fund. ;)

deigm

01 Sep 2021

Hard to understand why they wouldn't cherry pick one or two of the more simple sequencer/QOL feature requests and include those in a major version release. At least just for the optics if nothing else. That said, what is on offer here is good stuff. Downloading.

Eprom

01 Sep 2021

Heater wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Still no native Mac M1 support
What? Are you kidding? :(
I was searching for it on the website, but couldn't find anything about it. I thought I overlooked it.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

Shadoww

01 Sep 2021

deigm wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Hard to understand why they wouldn't cherry pick one or two of the more simple sequencer/QOL feature requests and include those in a major version release. At least just for the optics if nothing else. That said, what is on offer here is good stuff. Downloading.
Yes, I thought the same but fingers crossed we get ‘Super Sequencer 13’ next time! I’m downloading too

plaamook

01 Sep 2021

Sorry to keep bringing this up but it’s the only reason I’d upgrade.
Has the GUI shift improved the scrolling? Is it smooth on a MacBook?
I’ve got v limited internet so I’m trying to avoid a 5gig download just to find out.

Thanks
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information