Reason 12 TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Excitement level readings??????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 12’s out in 5 days

I’m excited
54%
I’m not excited
29%
I don’t care
17%

Total votes: 228
Loque

01 Sep 2021

Creativemind wrote:
01 Sep 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
01 Sep 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/comb ... -reason-12 In this blog post they've put a favourites file that adds all the new stuff to a list in the browser.
So where are these patches, installed them. Are they all just jumbled in with the old Combinator patches as some seem to be in there?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7524383
Reason12, Win10

Skimrok

01 Sep 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Where's Layers, Scenic, Algorithm and the other ones?
they are there on my install just seen them
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Creativemind

01 Sep 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Yeah Layers, Layers Wave Edition, A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist, Polar, Rotar, Parsec 2, Scenic, Friktion and Algoritm should be stock.

And what about a stock Waveshaper, Transient Shaper, Multiband Compressor, De-Esser (or include the Selig De-Esser), Meter (or include Selig Gain), Clip Distortion, Saturator, Exciter and Vectorscope / Goniometer to complete the effects and utility tools seeing as it's not getting any functionality.

Apologies to Selig here, wasn't tryna demote your devices by saying they should be included free, Reason Studio's offer you a percentage of the upgrade revenue if that was agreed.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Heigen5

01 Sep 2021

Skimrok wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
they are there on my install just seen them
I'm a Reason+ client, they should be there.

QVprod

01 Sep 2021

Creativemind wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Yeah Layers, Layers Wave Edition, A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist, Polar, Rotar, Parsec 2, Scenic, Friktion and Algoritm should be stock.

And what about a stock Waveshaper, Transient Shaper, Multiband Compressor, De-Esser (or include the Selig De-Esser), Meter (or include Selig Gain), Clip Distortion, Saturator, Exciter and Vectorscope / Goniometer to complete the effects and utility tools seeing as it's not getting any functionality.

Apologies to Selig here, wasn't tryna demote your devices by saying they should be included free, Reason Studio's offer you a percentage of the upgrade revenue if that was agreed.
All of those REs were included in suite and now in R+. Pretty sure he’s looking for devices he paid for access to. Beauty of R12 is combinators can now be used as inserts (inside the mix channel) and there are De-esser and multiband compressor combinators that have been there forever. There’s possibly an exciter in there as well. Or roll your own. Scream has multiple distortion modes, Pulverizer has distortion, Audiomatic has tape saturation…. All those scope utilities aren’t an absolute necessity for music making or even mixing for that matter.

DJMaytag

01 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
after seeing them dropping the insert controls from mix channels and master my excitement has dropped to zero
You’re one of 5 people that even knew they were there, much less that you could save patches from those channels. They dropped it to put Combinator2 in there because not enough people were using those controls/features, and want to push Combinator2 as the way to universally save things.

For me, Combinators were just containers to house stacked & layered instruments. It wasn’t until the past year or two that I started using Combinator as a way to be more effective with my time, saving certain presets that I was always using and becoming more productive as a result.

I’m guessing the creative aspect and the productivity gains for using Combinator are what will be key with Reason for a lot of newer users moving forward.

DJMaytag

01 Sep 2021

Overall, super excited. My wallet isn’t as excited, so I have to wait until about 10 days from now. Gonna be busy AF restoring some vintage hardware to take to Knobcon in a couple weeks, so that works out well for me.

EdwardKiy

01 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
after seeing them dropping the insert controls from mix channels and master my excitement has dropped to zero
they WHAT!?? did I get you right - they removed inserts (sends) from the SSL panel?

gullum

01 Sep 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Sep 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
they WHAT!?? did I get you right - they removed inserts (sends) from the SSL panel?
yes instead you have a combinator inside the inserts and mastering but they will make it so the first 4 knobs and buttons will work as it did before so in a way they will but it back in an update sometimes

Loque

01 Sep 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Sep 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Oh dear...sometimes understanding things right is hard.
Here...just for you from the changelog:
  • Insert FX and Master FX section have been re-worked and are no longer treated as Combinators
  • You can now add Combinators inside the Insert FX and Master FX sections
Reason12, Win10

gullum

01 Sep 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
You’re one of 5 people that even knew they were there, much less that you could save patches from those channels. They dropped it to put Combinator2 in there because not enough people were using those controls/features, and want to push Combinator2 as the way to universally save things.

For me, Combinators were just containers to house stacked & layered instruments. It wasn’t until the past year or two that I started using Combinator as a way to be more effective with my time, saving certain presets that I was always using and becoming more productive as a result.

I’m guessing the creative aspect and the productivity gains for using Combinator are what will be key with Reason for a lot of newer users moving forward.
But when they removed the Inserts they broke how the mixers has worked since it was implanted with Record therefor breaking it's back comparable

gullum

01 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Sep 2021

• Insert FX and Master FX section have been re-worked and are no longer treated as Combinators
  • You can now add Combinators inside the Insert FX and Master FX sections
but it does no longer work as it used to and is not a part of the mixer anymore

Loque

01 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Not sure about this. There is such a function? Never used :lol:
Reason12, Win10

gullum

01 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Not sure about this. There is such a function? Never used :lol:
still it was there and I used it in every song :D but now it's gone

EnochLight

01 Sep 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
What do you mean where are they? If you are a R+ subscriber, launch Companion and download all of the RS branded RE's. If you're a perpetual license holder, you have to buy them and do a "Sync All" from your account on the web and get them via Authorizer.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Heigen5

01 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
01 Sep 2021
What do you mean where are they? If you are a R+ subscriber, launch Companion and download all of the RS branded RE's. If you're a perpetual license holder, you have to buy them and do a "Sync All" from your account on the web and get them via Authorizer.
You're right, downloading via a Companion now, thanks!

DJMaytag

01 Sep 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Sep 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
They removed the 4 knobs for controlling what was essentially a special combinator that was part of the Mix/Audio/Master channels. These used to show up in the SSL Mixer, but I suspect that very people ever used those. I know I didn't, and actively hid them from the SLL Mixer window.

gullum

01 Sep 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Sep 2021

They removed the 4 knobs for controlling what was essentially a special combinator that was part of the Mix/Audio/Master channels. These used to show up in the SSL Mixer, but I suspect that very people ever used those. I know I didn't, and actively hid them from the SLL Mixer window.
so if they expect that very few people are using the old half rack devices they just remove them too :D

DJMaytag

01 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2021

so if they expect that very few people are using the old half rack devices they just remove then too :D
They didn't remove the controls, they're just elsewhere. It's not like they removed something and it's nowhere to be found, so... nothing is technically broken, it's just moved.

gullum

01 Sep 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2021
gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021

so if they expect that very few people are using the old half rack devices they just remove then too :D
They didn't remove the controls, they're just elsewhere. It's not like they removed something and it's nowhere to be found, so... nothing is technically broken, it's just moved.
they removed it and can not be controlled from the mixer so all my remote mappings for these knobs no longer work because the controls are removed they are now a combinator inside the insert and master that need active change with a mouse click now every time you select a new channel.

Edit: of cause if you do all the mixing with a mouse it's maybe not a big deal but I invested in controllers and spent a long time getting them to work right

estuary

01 Sep 2021

oh yes.....0 sequencer improvement?...Seriously?
:shock:

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

estuary wrote:
01 Sep 2021
oh yes.....0 sequencer improvement?...Seriously?
:shock:
yep!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EdwardKiy

01 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Sorry to bother with this again, but could you please throw a screenshot of the SSL panel?

QVprod

01 Sep 2021

gullum wrote:
01 Sep 2021
DJMaytag wrote:
01 Sep 2021

so if they expect that very few people are using the old half rack devices they just remove them too :D
Sure, if they replace them with an arguably better feature. You can now have multiple Combi's in an insert rather than the insert itself being a Combi.

gullum

01 Sep 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Sep 2021

Sorry to bother with this again, but could you please throw a screenshot of the SSL panel?
[/quote]
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 3.50.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 3.50.25 PM.png (480.15 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
now it's a combinator inside the master
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 3.49.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 3.49.51 PM.png (375.93 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

• Information