Reason 12 TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Excitement level readings??????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 12’s out in 5 days

I’m excited
54%
I’m not excited
29%
I don’t care
17%

Total votes: 228
MattiasHG
Reason Studios

30 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Bes wrote:
30 Aug 2021
yeah offlline play is more important than HD rack extensions for sure but now i have to ask, JP are you confirming that HD RE wont be avail for reason perpetual license holders until the migration to companion app?
That's not even remotely close to what they said.
Just officially saying that of course this is not true. Hi-res REs will be available for everyone on Reason 12. There's a new Authorizer version that handles this, you just sync REs from your account like always. Long term we want to move away from Authorizer, but that's how it is for now. :)

MrBlue

30 Aug 2021

Thank's Mattias...

stratatonic

30 Aug 2021

Steedus wrote:
30 Aug 2021
stratatonic wrote:
30 Aug 2021

I was just going to ask the same thing! WTF is Companion?
Companion is seriously a killer feature of R+. On top of streamlining installation and serving up the sample packs, it pretty much handles all the maintenance stuff you do via the website (like updating, and installing REs etc). It's really great.
Looks like it's good for R+. I'm not sure that I have many issues with the current setup. Although I suppose it would be nice to sync only your REs that you want to install. Does Companion let you do that?

jamespember
Reason Studios

30 Aug 2021

stratatonic wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Steedus wrote:
30 Aug 2021

Companion is seriously a killer feature of R+. On top of streamlining installation and serving up the sample packs, it pretty much handles all the maintenance stuff you do via the website (like updating, and installing REs etc). It's really great.
Looks like it's good for R+. I'm not sure that I have many issues with the current setup. Although I suppose it would be nice to sync only your REs that you want to install. Does Companion let you do that?
Yes you get far more control. You can individually install / uninstall any of your REs. Without ever having to visit the web.
Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 12.27.51.png
Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 12.27.51.png (351.04 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

Billy+

30 Aug 2021

jamespember wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Yes you get far more control. You can individually install / uninstall any of your REs. Without ever having to visit the web.
Is offline licensing/authorisation working for 12 perpetual from day 1 ?
Will I be able to update my ignition key with V12 perpetual license ?

jamespember
Reason Studios

30 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
30 Aug 2021
jamespember wrote:
30 Aug 2021
There are no changes to all the authorisation elements for Reason 12. Everything should continue to work as normal.

EdwardKiy

30 Aug 2021

Not sure "excited" is the word. The DAW still doesn't have full screen mode in 2021. The end.

Just kidding, there's more. Still no hotkeys for pitch/slice edit, which, when working on a song, you only use about ten thousand times every project. Half of the KONG functionality STILL cannot be automated, among other things. And wtf is EQ value of 64/127? KONG was released what? 11-12 years ago? But now a new sampler instead of fixing what's already there? Fine, as long as I'll have the option of uninstalling it, I guess...

At least the companion is not forced on ver 12 license users, so I may just upgrade one more time.
I wish RS would come up with the cutting edge idea of listing REs alphabetically on their website too. Or by date of acquisition as an option. Maybe wouldn't be a need for the companion in the first place.

The good: combinator 2 seems very promising

For those of us who feel quite stacked with the 5 samplers we already have, will we be able to uninstall the new sampler?

Billy+

30 Aug 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Just officially saying that of course this is not true. Hi-res REs will be available for everyone on Reason 12. There's a new Authorizer version that handles this, you just sync REs from your account like always. Long term we want to move away from Authorizer, but that's how it is for now. :)
Will running V11 & V12 on the same system have problems with hires?

Also are you any closer to my number 1 feature request?

Billy+

30 Aug 2021

jamespember wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
30 Aug 2021

There are no changes to all the authorisation elements for Reason 12. Everything should continue to work as normal.
That's good news :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

30 Aug 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Not sure "excited" is the word. The DAW still doesn't have full screen mode in 2021. The end.
Perhaps I still don't understand what you mean by full screen. The option has been there...

Fullscreen button.png
Fullscreen button.png (108.68 KiB) Viewed 3441 times
Fullscreen menu.png
Fullscreen menu.png (82.07 KiB) Viewed 3441 times

EdwardKiy

30 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Perhaps I still don't understand what you mean by full screen. The option has been there...

Fullscreen button.png

Fullscreen menu.png
That's an Apple workaround which still leaves you with the window bar, if I'm not mistaken. The function is not there in the DAW, not for windows users at least, which are the vast majority of users.
no full screen.png
no full screen.png (91.29 KiB) Viewed 3419 times

So no, the DAW still doesn't have a full screen mode.

Jackjackdaw

30 Aug 2021

Will the HD still take a while to kick in? Because that is a deal breaker for me.

joeyluck

30 Aug 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
30 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021

Fullscreen button.png

Fullscreen menu.png
That's an Apple workaround which still leaves you with the window bar, if I'm not mistaken. The function is not there in the DAW, not for windows users at least, which are the vast majority of users.

no full screen.png

So no, the DAW still doesn't have a full screen mode.
No, it doesn't leave the window bar. And the entire app can be in full screen or each individual window (Rack, Mixer, Seqeuncer) and then you can switch between workspaces.

So you're saying it just works out of the box on macOS and Reason didn't need anything special to make that work? That then sounds like a Windows issue to me...Not sure they should be spending time fixing an issue Windows created :P I of course am just joking, but ya know...with the things that have been said about mac recently in other threads...

joeyluck

30 Aug 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Will the HD still take a while to kick in? Because that is a deal breaker for me.
That was already fixed in the last update :thumbup:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

helmutson

30 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Jackjackdaw wrote:
30 Aug 2021

It's faster, but not gone ...

lowtom

30 Aug 2021

helmutson wrote:
30 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
30 Aug 2021

... and lasts only one time for each device per selected size, then it’s instant. So what’s the problem?
:reason: :refill: :re:

r2101

30 Aug 2021

happy with reason 11. i think they added some fun stuff but i am just not the target group. so neither excited nor aynthing else in regard to reason 12.

Bes
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Aug 2021

That's not even remotely close to what they said.
thanks for the 2nd confirmation :thumbup: new question, are HD RE's a bigger file size? i might have to spend today freeing up space to accomodate
- Certified Reason expert

jakecento

30 Aug 2021

I am excited to see what is actually going to be in the reason 12 release- but so far I am pretty reserved about upgrading (not subscribing- not for me). While hi-res is a nice touch, I am so familiar with most of my devices that I get by fine without being able to see every detail. Even so- it is not an issue I ever have found to be a hindrance. The most exciting aspect is the yet to be seen combinator 2. Even still- depending on what that winds up being- that, mimic, and the hi-res may not be enough to get me to upgrade. To be frank, the combinator as it is does everything I need it to. More programmable knobs is the only thing I sometimes find myself wanting more of.

I imagine it is unlikely- but something that could help tip me over is if some of the new rack extensions were also included with 12 (Friktion, Algoritm- both unlikely due to their price tag as it is). But even including something like Mutator would really help sweeten the deal. All that being said, we do not know what else may be in store for 12- so I will keep my eyes and ears open for other features that may improve 12's release value.
Reason 11 Suite // Native Instruments Komplete 13
TASCAM Model 12 // Alesis Elevate 4
Windows 10 Home 64x // i7-8750H // 16GB RAM

Jackjackdaw

31 Aug 2021

lowtom wrote:
30 Aug 2021
helmutson wrote:
30 Aug 2021

... and lasts only one time for each device per selected size, then it’s instant. So what’s the problem?
The problem is, I load up a different app in HD for ex. Voltage Modular, and it is in HD from the start with no hint of anything other than HD for the duration and therefore I have an expectation level that needs to be met for me to be satisfied.

Faastwalker

31 Aug 2021

........ I'd be really, really excited if Reason+ subscribers got it now!! :D

rorystorm

31 Aug 2021

I'm in New Zealand so it's only another six hours for me until 1 September.

sigh, if only this was true.

Also, hi from the future.

Faastwalker

31 Aug 2021

rorystorm wrote:
31 Aug 2021
I'm in New Zealand so it's only another six hours for me until 1 September.

sigh, if only this was true.

Also, hi from the future.
Coming up to 5:30pm here in NSW, Aus. So a little over 6 hours left of August ........... I think we should qualify at midnight :D

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

31 Aug 2021

Bes wrote:
30 Aug 2021
MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2021

thanks for the 2nd confirmation :thumbup: new question, are HD RE's a bigger file size? i might have to spend today freeing up space to accomodate
Yes, bigger images mean bigger file sizes. If you have a lot of REs this can add up. A good clean up won't hurt! And yes, we're aware it'd be great to choose install locations and it's on the backlog. :)

Neo

31 Aug 2021

3 more hours to go here in Melbourne AUS lol
Ill assume release will be on Stockholm* time? lol
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sweden/stockholm
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

• Information