Reason 12 TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Excitement level readings??????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 12’s out in 5 days

I’m excited
54%
I’m not excited
29%
I don’t care
17%

Total votes: 228
DaveyG

28 Aug 2021

avasopht wrote:
28 Aug 2021
DaveyG wrote:
28 Aug 2021
I think the days of getting existing RS REs bundled with a new version have gone. Doing so would devalue the subscription offering.
Errm, ... it's been like that since the beginning.

We get a few key REs in Reason like Pulveriser and Mimic, but most are paid.

Reason Strings, Pianos and Drums were not free on Reason either.

No difference whatsoever.
Off the top of my head: Pulsar, Radical Piano, Synchronous, Beatmap....

scotward57

28 Aug 2021

Onkel Paul wrote:
28 Aug 2021
PG Music Band in a Box is a learning tool for people playing a real instrument. It creates a Band playing something you can play along to practice.
It's also the source of countless refills and sound packs.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

What is there to be excited about? being charged for what should have been Reason 11.5 but due Reason + brought Reason 12 forward just so they can say isn't subs worth it???

In a couple of days when Reason 12 is released we can all go through all the new exciting features they have not announced, I mean a Major upgrade with just 4 items so far, Sampler (what another one, don't use samples), hi-res (not needed), Combinator (no comment), browser updates (LOL) so there have to be lot lot more (I ain't holding my breath).

tiker01

28 Aug 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
28 Aug 2021
What is there to be excited about? being charged for what should have been Reason 11.5 but due Reason + brought Reason 12 forward just so they can say isn't subs worth it???

In a couple of days when Reason 12 is released we can all go through all the new exciting features they have not announced, I mean a Major upgrade with just 4 items so far, Sampler (what another one, don't use samples), hi-res (not needed), Combinator (no comment), browser updates (LOL) so there have to be lot lot more (I ain't holding my breath).
I thin kI understand your point. I miss a handful a things from R12, but I see that a lot of work went into this. I think Reason Studios simply wants to release the fruit of one of their biggest developments (1.5-2 years in the works AFAIR) i.e. moving graphics rendering to GPU and high res graphics. To me it is like Reason MK2 and makes complete sense to get it out the door. Every other feature is a bit of icing on the cake.

Let me add that comments like yours makes it hard for product managers to make such somewhat under the hood, not so fancy, but unavoidable developments to happen.

Last but not least I am pretty sure we will see quite some point updates in the next 1.5-2 years while R12 will be around.

Have good day mate!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

QVprod

28 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
28 Aug 2021
avasopht wrote:
28 Aug 2021

Were added long before R+. They were also each (except Radical Piano) offered for for free upon their original release. Everything else has been a paid option since REs have been a thing. As avasopht mentioned, as were the content refills before REs. Optional paid content. No difference whatsoever.

Onkel Paul

29 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Onkel Paul wrote:
28 Aug 2021
PG Music Band in a Box is a learning tool for people playing a real instrument. It creates a Band playing something you can play along to practice.
It's also the source of countless refills and sound packs.
How so? I am not aware. You mean people create a loop or such in BiaB and turn that into a refill?

scotward57

29 Aug 2021

Onkel Paul wrote:
29 Aug 2021
How so? I am not aware. You mean people create a loop or such in BiaB and turn that into a refill?
Why would that surprise you? BIAB generates great live sounding tracks. It's not just for jazz practicing.

Gardinski

29 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Onkel Paul wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Why would that surprise you? BIAB generates great live sounding tracks. It's not just for jazz practicing.
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised by that. Isn't that veering incredibly close to passing off somebody else's work as your own? More so, I would say, than the flak Andrew Skelton got about his Softphonics refills. Where do we draw the line?

scotward57

29 Aug 2021

Gardinski wrote:
29 Aug 2021
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised by that. Isn't that veering incredibly close to passing off somebody else's work as your own? More so, I would say, than the flak Andrew Skelton got about his Softphonics refills. Where do we draw the line?
I certainly don't condone it, but technology has made all this possible. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of 3rd party content and sound libraries are made from plugins. Recording from an actual drum kit or renting an orchestra are things that were done 10-15 years ago and so not necessary. Just as many musicians have moved away from being in a live band and all the drama that goes with that, content producers have moved to cheaper and faster methods to produce loops and sample libraries. Of course they have to sell product so they take their phone camera and have some drummer sit behind a kit for a few minutes and make it all look like a serious studio session took place.

LOL we're having a "What there's no Santa Claus???" moment.

tiker01

29 Aug 2021

Couldn't resist adjusting the number of remaining days! :mrgreen:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

RoryM0

29 Aug 2021

tiker01 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
I wish they'd just release it tomorrow, it is a Monday after all. Feels right.

Gardinski

29 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
29 Aug 2021

LOL we're having a "What there's no Santa Claus???" moment.
Um... when you say "What there's no Santa Claus???".... Are you trying to tell us something, Scotward? :shock:

scotward57

29 Aug 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
tiker01 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Didn't Ryan say something about a delay on the release?

RoryM0

29 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
29 Aug 2021

Didn't Ryan say something about a delay on the release?
Oh. Didn't hear this myself. Where was that mentioned?

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
28 Aug 2021
avasopht wrote:
28 Aug 2021

Audiomatic and alligator as well are included

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

I'm not excited about the Reason 12 release for the same reason I'm not so excited about most releases.

Apart from the Korg Triton, even the best offerings get little more than a nod of acknowledgement.

I'm looking forward to using more Colouring eq ... keep forgetting I have it

plaamook

29 Aug 2021

tiker01 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
... but I see that a lot of work went into this. I think Reason Studios simply wants to release the fruit of one of their biggest developments (1.5-2 years in the works AFAIR) i.e. moving graphics rendering to GPU and high res graphics. To me it is like Reason MK2 and makes complete sense to get it out the door. Every other feature is a bit of icing on the cake.
Ok. I'm willing to conceed that possible point. I'm not a programer in any way at all and I've no idea how much work such a thing might riquire.
Graphics have been jittery on Macs for some time and if they are still jiddery after the drop of R12...well, there's gonna have to be a reckoning I reckon.
I got into beta but I've got internet probs which means I can't keep DLing over and over so I'll be relying on this blessed forum to tell me if it's been corrected. If graphics are smooth as a baby's anatoimical part come Wed I'll update just because I feckin will. But if it's the same or worse? Well, that'll be a real waste won't it. Especially for the people that didn't care a gnat's about hi-res and zooming in the first place.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Billy+

29 Aug 2021

tiker01 wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Don't forget to do it again ;)
Although it's not making me feel excited :lol:

I'm still holding out hope that they announce something that will make me want to upgrade.

Zac

29 Aug 2021

I'm looking forward to the the release. I'm assuming they will have everything sorted out. I haven't tried 11 since getting it and the 12 upgrade for £60.

I'll be getting two upgrades effectively and that seems to be the way it will be from now on. Neither 11 or 12 on their own seemed good enough value to me. But yeah, looking forward to it if it works as it should.

Steedus
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

In a weird way I kinda wish we didn't get the early access in R+, as while I'm not disappointed with this release, I feel like really the only thing I haven't seen yet is the combinator update, so I'm not as excited as I would otherwise have been. Here's hoping there's a few more (if only tiny) new things to be announced for launch.

Bes
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

is R12 going to migrate perpetual license holders to the companion app? i expect it may be so
- Certified Reason expert

Arrant
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

Steedus wrote:
29 Aug 2021
In a weird way I kinda wish we didn't get the early access in R+, as while I'm not disappointed with this release, I feel like really the only thing I haven't seen yet is the combinator update, so I'm not as excited as I would otherwise have been. Here's hoping there's a few more (if only tiny) new things to be announced for launch.
Agreed, these drips of new functionality we've already seen makes the release seem less impressive than it really is, not more.
Never underestimate curiosity as a marketing tool I guess.
Bes wrote:
30 Aug 2021
is R12 going to migrate perpetual license holders to the companion app? i expect it may be so
Since it includes updaters for Rack Extensions I expect so too. Makes no sense to maintain two helper programs.
The next logical step would be to put the RE shop in the companion app as well, maybe that's why the shop doesn't get any attention. You heard it first here guys ;)

tronam

30 Aug 2021

I’m mildly excited. The zoom feature alone is something I’ve been wanting for years. I just wish we could zoom the rack independent of the browser and transport bar. I’m very much looking forward to Combinator v2.
Last edited by tronam on 30 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

DaveyG

30 Aug 2021

Arrant wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Steedus wrote:
29 Aug 2021
Agreed, these drips of new functionality we've already seen makes the release seem less impressive than it really is, not more.
Never underestimate curiosity as a marketing tool I guess.
Bes wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Since it includes updaters for Rack Extensions I expect so too. Makes no sense to maintain two helper programs.
The next logical step would be to put the RE shop in the companion app as well, maybe that's why the shop doesn't get any attention. You heard it first here guys ;)
If they switch to using the companion app will we lose offline authorisation for the perpetual licence?

Bes
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

maybe offline authorization is/will be something the companion app can do itself. i guess we'll find out pretty soon
- Certified Reason expert

• Information