Very low hype

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

Is it normal that within, supposedly, just a week until the Reason 12's release, there isn't a single decent video announcing what's new, where we get a sneak peek at all the new features, including the new Combinator?

It would also be very welcome a video about the Mimic, but something short, not a two-hour one. Have they forgotten in Reasonstudios how to advertise their products well?

Isn't September 1 the release date? Why so much secrecy? I have a hard time understanding some things in Reasonstudios.
Last edited by Eusantis on 24 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Heater

24 Aug 2021

I’ve been using R12 for a while now and apart from the high Rez graphics it feels very much like R11.

Mimic is nice but can be replaced with a lot of stock devices.

The new combinator could be very cool but it all feels a bit to little to late.
Last edited by Heater on 24 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Jackjackdaw

24 Aug 2021

There is a short Mimic vid and a Hi Res vid from a few months ago. I think they are pushing R+ and iterative updates rather than the perpetual license release.

Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

Ufff... I think they are doing it fatal, at least in terms of marketing.

It is not logical that only a week before launch, NOTHING is known about the new Combinator. Perhaps it is one of the consequences of this new policy of eliminating lifelong users, in favor of users who are willing to pay 20 a month. Has the new Combinator been published yet, for those users, because I have no news on that.

It seems tremendous to me, what they are doing, in general, outside the strictly creative.

A short video or videos, announcing all the new features, is essential to convince the potential buyer of an update. To this day, for the first time in many years, since 2005, when I bought Reason 3, I am not at all convinced to buy the new update to Reason 12.
Last edited by Eusantis on 24 Aug 2021, edited 2 times in total.

moneykube

24 Aug 2021

Heater wrote:
24 Aug 2021
I’ve been using R12 for a while now and apart from the high Rez graphics it feels very much like R11.

Mimic is nice but can be replaced with a lot of stock devices.

The new combinator could be very cool but it all feels a bit to little to late.
a common theme it seems
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.37.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.37.51 PM.png (83.96 KiB) Viewed 3165 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

24 Aug 2021

R12 is already released. Maybe you missed it?
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

24 Aug 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Aug 2021
There is a short Mimic vid and a Hi Res vid from a few months ago. I think they are pushing R+ and iterative updates rather than the perpetual license release.
as a perpetual licence holder, " if " I upgrade > I will wait until the many usual start up, new version bugs to be squished
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.44.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.44.24 PM.png (273.42 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2021
R12 is already released. Maybe you missed it?

Since there is not a single piece of news about it, and I understand that you are being sarcastic, yes, I must have missed it, and that is the reason (ha, ha) why for the first time in decades I do not think I will update.

At least that is what I think today, and they will have to convince me otherwise with what they do in the next few days, although it seems too late for everything.

I know it sounds hard to write, but I get the feeling that Reason is currently in the hands of incompetents when it comes to some very important things.

Although, of course, this is only MY POINT OF VIEW.

I will be happy if they take away my reason, (ha ha) and make me see that I am wrong. On the other hand, Mimic seems to me a very interesting instrument. Although I think they are not knowing how to sell it, neither Mimic, nor anything from Reason 12.

Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

20 euros a month, is a total of 240 a year, 480 every two years, when before I paid 120 more or less for an update, now I have to pay 480, if I want to have a deal, a flow of information similar to the one I had when not there were subscriptions, and there were updates every two years.

I preferred the old method, and paying for a rack extension or refill that really interested me. Because, in addition to all this, now the illusion generated around the news, for everyone, both for those who pay the 20 a month and for those who do not, is much lower, due to a marketing policy very, very, very clumsy.

That is, I can follow the old method and pay 120 per update, instead of the current 480 for subscribers, but I can see the result: everything they sell me no longer generates the same illusion as before. And the worst thing is that it gives the feeling that since they think that they are even doing well with the subscription, they do not feel that they have to make an effort to do good marketing and to get the potential buyer excited about the new updates. It is the snake that bites its tail. Reason is going to end up devouring himself, I'm very afraid.

Thats the reality. Everything from the refills, rack extensions? Who needs so many things to make decent music? The bloody reality is that we are paying 480 for what used to be 120, and if you don't, there is nothing they do that generates the same illusion as in the previous stage, because the marketing policy they are carrying out now is disastrous . And, I'm afraid, for some of the things I read, it might be more than just marketing, and this update to 12 is not worth it.

I have spoken.
Last edited by Eusantis on 24 Aug 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Billy+

24 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Ufff... I think they are doing it fatal, at least in terms of marketing.

It is not logical that only a week before launch, NOTHING is known about the new Combinator. Perhaps it is one of the consequences of this new policy of eliminating lifelong users, in favor of users who are willing to pay 20 a month. Has the new Combinator been published yet, for those users, because I have no news on that.

It seems tremendous to me, what they are doing, in general, outside the strictly creative.

A short video or videos, announcing all the new features, is essential to convince the potential buyer of an update. To this day, for the first time in many years, since 2005, when I bought Reason 3, I am not at all convinced to buy the new update to Reason 12.
Clearly you haven't been paying much attention then, I'm not using EA so have no access to it nor am I a beta tester but I'm fairly certain that I know all I need to about every publicly announced feature in R12 what I'm waiting for is the stuff that hasn't been released ;)

Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

[/quote]
Clearly you haven't been paying much attention then, I'm not using EA so have no access to it nor am I a beta tester but I'm fairly certain that I know all I need to about every publicly announced feature in R12 what I'm waiting for is the stuff that hasn't been released ;)
[/quote]

Believe me, I do pay attention. Is there anything about the new Combinator, one week from launch, (supposed) to be known, if you are not a beta tester or subscriber? Please, if so, tell me where, let me see that I am wrong, and I will rectify.

PhillipOrdonez

24 Aug 2021

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, op, but before you had to wait to release day to even know what was in the new version? There was so much more secrecy below, what are you on about? 😂

Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, op, but before you had to wait to release day to even know what was in the new version? There was so much more secrecy below, what are you on about? 😂

I don't think you have understood almost anything of what I have wanted to say, for which, I am not going to answer. I do not like wasting time. ;)

Billy+

24 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Believe me, I do pay attention. Is there anything about the new Combinator, one week from launch, (supposed) to be known, if you are not a beta tester or subscriber? Please, if so, tell me where, let me see that I am wrong, and I will rectify.
First off you really shouldn't play with bbcode if you're not sure what your doing!

Now getting to the CMBv2, I could give you some information about it buy joey has ruled that it's not ok to talk about leaks or post pictures and videos so I can't give any specifics.

What I will say is that you're definitely going to see a whole host of new setups created using it along with stock devices which would never had been possible before ;)

It's bigger
It's smaller
It has less knobs but more sliders
Or more knobs and sliders
Oh and the cv options are interesting
It has it own mmmmm

Anyway wait a week and all will become clear as us mear morals have been warned.

Eusantis

24 Aug 2021

Well, I really appreciate it, Billy. These words of yours still make me think that I will upgrade to 12. But do you see the failure? Do you think it is normal that a week to the launch I had to know it for you in a forum?

Anyway, see you other day people, I disconnect for a while.

PhillipOrdonez

24 Aug 2021

Ok. 😂 Perhaps your English skills are not good enough in order for you to convey your message to the outside world 🤷‍♂️

I don't know if the combinator will in fact be out on September first. I hope it will, though!

By the way, there is a short mimic tutorial out there, it is like 13 minutes long where Ryan goes over the basics but doesn't even touch on everything. The stream is a far better way to learn what is possible with the instrument.

Billy+

24 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Well, I really appreciate it, Billy. These words of yours still make me think that I will upgrade to 12. But do you see the failure? Do you think it is normal that a week to the launch I had to know it for you in a forum?

Anyway, see you other day people, I disconnect for a while.
Actually it's been on my systems for 20 years and I'm aware of more content than ever before, phill is not joking we never knew anything about it until release day and actually I preferred it that way.

I can't stand the hype train as it really just doesn't seem to work and actually ends up turning into nothing but disappointment and endless discussions about what we want and when we want it.

Jackjackdaw

24 Aug 2021

moneykube wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Aug 2021
as a perpetual licence holder, " if " I upgrade > I will wait until the many usual start up, new version bugs to be squished
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 12.44.24 PM.png
Yeah definitely, I will wait best part of a year. See how it shakes out. I predict a bug fest.

DaveyG

24 Aug 2021

Well it is not properly released yet. Subscribers get early access to some of it, at present HD and Mimic, but I expect them to see the Combinator before release day, assumed to be Sept 1. Beta testers are already playing with the combi but cannot discuss it outside of the Beta forum.

The problem with those things is that it dilutes the impact of release day. Details have been gradually leaked/released across several weeks so it's inevitable that there is less of a buzz on the big day. And as someone said above, we used to have zero information about a release until it landed so RS are in unfamiliar territory here. I'm sure there will be plenty of vids and stuff within a week or two of release as all the usual suspects compete to be first on YouTube.

teddymcw

24 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Isn't September 1 the release date? Why so much secrecy? I have a hard time understanding some things in Reasonstudios.
It's continuous development for "The Rack" now, to Reason+ enough said. Sure when they get some bigger features to rollout they'll call it Reason.X or Reason X, but it's continuous development and the marketing hasn't been bad thus far imho.

You are spot on about the subscription v. perpetual license holder though. Obviously the subscription model will bring RS much more money. Hopefully this will give us perpetuals more features / fixes all in all, that is again, the hope. The other hope for Reason users is that they enjoy using another DAW as a host :) for more 'serious' projects when needed.

Cheers.

QVprod

24 Aug 2021

There’s a whole blog post that tells you all the new features. Mimic has 2 videos. We have never to my knowledge seen a video of all Reason features before a release. What would they post on the day of if they did show it all already? The combinator is arguably the biggest feature.

Heater

24 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
24 Aug 2021
There’s a whole blog post that tells you all the new features. Mimic has 2 videos. We have never to my knowledge seen a video of all Reason features before a release. What would they post on the day of if they did show it all already? The combinator is arguably the biggest feature.
As a Reason user since version 1 I’m really interested to see what the new combinator could do.

Billy+

24 Aug 2021

Heater wrote:
24 Aug 2021
QVprod wrote:
24 Aug 2021
As a Reason user since version 1 I’m really interested to see what the new combinator could do.
Haven't you seen any of the leaked beta videos?

dvdrtldg

24 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
this new policy of eliminating lifelong users
Dude, seriously?

joeyluck

24 Aug 2021

Apparently the hype is so low it's creating so much anticipation and hype such as this thread 🤔 :lol:

Businesses will have to rethink their hype approach...

"Listen up everybody, so the marketing department has this idea... instead of creating hype for the product, we create hype for the hype by not doing a thing. These kids are on their doo-dads talking about our products more than we do. Just let them hype themselves."

• Information