Very low hype

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gullum

25 Aug 2021

guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
I remember when Reason 8 was announced and they mentioned that you could then drag and drop patches into the browser, "leaving the rack entirely out of view" and some users were upset having the notion that the rack was being phased out lol. Then they put a strong focus on the rack saying that the rack has always been the center of Reason, and then some users say they are ditching the sequencer and the DAW :lol:
aside from a laughably small number of quality of life improvements in Reason 11, what have they done in the last few years to make anyone think they still care about the DAW?

there’s a good reason people are worried about it.
Yes and the way they have implanted zoom makes me wonder. Did they think we need zoom in the RRP because all the other DAW's have zoomable stuff. Of let's make an option to zoom the RRP witch makes sense because there is no sequencer or transport controls. In the full Reason we just copy the code and everything gets zoom that makes 34" screens look like 12" screens.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021
QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021

They literally outlined all of the features in 2 video. Combinator 2 is the only thing they haven’t shown in detail. It releases next week. I took a look back and you’re right, it’s different, but what more could you want? OP is talking about “no hype” when people have been talking about Reason 12 since May. That’s a full 3 months of chatter before a release.
No, hasn't outlined Reason 12 feature's for the daw for one, so everything in Reason 12 has not been advertised in a promo vid.
Are you assuming there are more features than those already mentioned? I hope you're right, but why are you so certain there is stuff they haven't outlined?

BRIGGS

25 Aug 2021

"Very low hype"

True...While I'm hyped.

Grumpy cat is not:

:puf_smile:
r11s

joeyluck

25 Aug 2021

guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
I remember when Reason 8 was announced and they mentioned that you could then drag and drop patches into the browser, "leaving the rack entirely out of view" and some users were upset having the notion that the rack was being phased out lol. Then they put a strong focus on the rack saying that the rack has always been the center of Reason, and then some users say they are ditching the sequencer and the DAW :lol:
aside from a laughably small number of quality of life improvements in Reason 11, what have they done in the last few years to make anyone think they still care about the DAW?

To each their own I guess. For me R11 saw some of the biggest improvements to the sequencer starting with zoom improvements and individual track height. Also crossfades, automation curves, absolute snap, multi-note pencil, key visualization on the piano roll...

I think the last time I felt the sequencer got this much love was when we got pitch edit, which was very cool. But I honestly don't remember seeing this many features added to the sequencer at once before. So that assessment of R11 always confuses me.

But anyways, my point was that I found it funny that people went from being upset that they had placed focus on the sequencer with drag and drop (speculating that they were moving towards ditching the rack) and then the new thing is that they are ditching the sequencer. Can't win I guess lol.

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2021

Just saw a new promo video on Facebook for Reason+.

RoryM0

25 Aug 2021

I'm just dipping in to say that for some reason I really like the thread title 'very low hype'. Definitely needs to be on a T-shirt :)

jam-s

25 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021
No, hasn't outlined Reason 12 feature's for the daw for one, so everything in Reason 12 has not been advertised in a promo vid.

*scnr*

MixerJaexx

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
For me R11 saw some of the biggest improvements to the sequencer starting with zoom improvements and individual track height. Also crossfades, automation curves, absolute snap, multi-note pencil, key visualization on the piano roll...
Adding to your argument of MP3 export in 11.2.1. I know it’s a point update, but it still counts towards Reason 11. And yes, I consider that a sequencer update as it allows me to re-import exported songs into Reason (bypassing mastering of course) for final trimming of mastered songs in the sequencer. I had to use Audacity for that; now a song of mine is started in Reason and makes its way to Apple Music, Spotify, etc without going through any other audio programs. I know I convinced three to four people to upgrade to Reason 11 Suite specifically because of 11.2.1.

Regarding hype, I’m here because of my excitement for the Combinator 2.0 so that’s proof enough.
Mixer Jaëxx
www.jaexx.com

jam-s

25 Aug 2021

guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021

YEah, what have the Romans *ehem* Props *ehem* RS ever done for us?!

Eusantis

25 Aug 2021

Reason 12 comes out on Tuesday. ON TUESDAY.
This is the Raesonstudios website, as of today.

https://www.reasonstudios.com

Awesome. These people, when it comes to marketing, have completely lost their bearings. Let someone who is not a fan tell me, with his hand on his heart, if this seems normal to him. They are in the hands of amateurs.

And I say marketing. I think I will like Reason 12 a lot, despite the possible shortcomings that the sequencer continues to drag, as a result of its policy of putting all the meat on the grill with the VST strategy for others. One thing is the creative team, and another is those responsible for deciding the marketing strategy.

As for the puerile marketing strategy, it is because they believe that it will be better for their policy of making money with subscriptions, but I already tell you what paying 20 euros a month is reduced to: that each new update the program cost you 400, instead of 120. People are crazy.

Why do you need a billion refills and res, to make good music? The RE that you really like, you buy it separately.

I understand that subscription can be a good thing for anyone who buys a lot of REs and refills, but in the long run, speaking from my own personal experience and what fellow musicians who have used Raeson for years tell me, this whole policy is leading to a massive leak towards other Daws.

As for possible answers to what I wrote yesterday, I have not read them, nor do I'll do it. Sorry to those who have given respectful opinions.

tc13

25 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
25 Aug 2021

As for the puerile marketing strategy, it is because they believe that it will be better for their policy of making money with subscriptions, but I already tell you what paying 20 euros a month is reduced to: that each new update the program cost you 400, instead of 120. People are crazy.

Why do you need a billion refills and res, to make good music? The RE that you really like, you buy it separately.

Update to Reason 12 thats 129 money

Hmm I think I want to have
Friktion, Complex, Parsec 2 and Algoritm thats another 456 money

Thats 585 money :O

29 months of subscription... in my case that is more than 3 years
since I would probably skip any kind of subscription 3-4 months, or maybe even more, every year.

Then you have all the other rack extension, like I would probably not ever buy for example
Layers or Umpf but now I have the possibility to use them if and when I want. And
also the fact that Reason Studios are most likely release a coupple of more things during this
time period. It might be something I really like, it might not...

Do I need it?

Probably not, I have all, and so much more than I ever "need" in R11 but 20 a month is like
2 less drinks when Im out one night (and I probably will wake up feeling a lot better
the morning after without those 2 drinks)

DaveyG

25 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
25 Aug 2021
The 1st is next Wednesday.

joeyluck

25 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Eusantis wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Typical Reason Studios............. WHY WOULD THEY PUT THE 1st ON WEDNESDAY AND NOT TUESDAY????!?!!!??!!?!?!?!?!!!

DaveyG

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
DaveyG wrote:
25 Aug 2021

Typical Reason Studios............. WHY WOULD THEY PUT THE 1st ON WEDNESDAY AND NOT TUESDAY????!?!!!??!!?!?!?!?!!!
Hey, we all know RS like to do things a little differently. Maybe they are using the Propian Calendar. :D

joeyluck

25 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
25 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021

Hey, we all know RS like to do things a little differently. Maybe they are using the Propian Calendar. :D
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 3.14.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 3.14.33 PM.png (5.66 KiB) Viewed 954 times

Aquila

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
DaveyG wrote:
25 Aug 2021

okay that one made me laugh out loud :lol:

Heigen5

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
DaveyG wrote:
25 Aug 2021

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 3.14.33 PM.png
Me too soonish! :redface:

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
:lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021

Are you assuming there are more features than those already mentioned? I hope you're right, but why are you so certain there is stuff they haven't outlined?
Mattius has stated before, they're not abandoning the daw. The official Reason 12 release is September 1st (next Wednesday to be exact lol!) and even though I'm not expecting anything outstanding (possibly track folders is which is a possibility, slim but possible) I'm expecting a handful of small features - midi editing and sequencer yes.

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
key visualization on the piano roll...
And that key highlighting again, in Reasons very usual way, missed off the one vital thing I wanted and that I'd guess every other daw does (I know Reaper and FL Studio do), an actual shading across the note row itself in correspondence with your midi controller key depression. What they actually implemented was just a bit gimmicky and pointless as it served very little function for me. One of the key things you (or I) would want to do with that feature would be to know which key on my midi controller that a certain note is without having to look back and forth at the midi editor piano key and the note while simultaneously pressing your midi controller key, which by leaving the highlighting the note row out still requires you to do. You still have to work it out by eye. A shading only requires you to press a key, look where the shading is, if it's below the note you're trying to find you go up and if it's higher you go down. When the shading hits the note you have it. You only have to look at the note while pressing a key on your midi controller. What they actually added didn't solve anything did it? I was pretty annoyed by that at the time and still am to be honest. They'll probably leave it too even though I did message them about ages ago and I'll still be waiting for it a year down the line. Sorry for the rant lol!

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

jam-s wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021

*scnr*
I'd say, "Thanks Claire!" clairvoyant.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Aug 2021

Mattius has stated before, they're not abandoning the daw. The official Reason 12 release is September 1st (next Wednesday to be exact lol!) and even though I'm not expecting anything outstanding (possibly track folders is which is a possibility, slim but possible) I'm expecting a handful of small features - midi editing and sequencer yes.
A bit of a stretch assuming that not abandoning the daw means there will be unannounced features on this very release, though, innit?

I seriously doubt there will be any extra small features to come with what's already announced, but I would certainly welcome them, if it turns out that you are right, but I really think you're going to be disappointed.

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021

A bit of a stretch assuming that not abandoning the daw means there will be unannounced features on this very release, though, innit?

I seriously doubt there will be any extra small features to come with what's already announced, but I would certainly welcome them, if it turns out that you are right, but I really think you're going to be disappointed.
Course there'll be workfkow features. :lol:

PhillipOrdonez

25 Aug 2021

Expecting more and getting less is not a good recipe.

gullum

25 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021

And that key highlighting again, in Reasons very usual way, missed off the one vital thing I wanted and that I'd guess every other daw does (I know Reaper and FL Studio do), an actual shading across the note row itself in correspondence with your midi controller key depression. What they actually implemented was just a bit gimmicky and pointless as it served very little function for me. One of the key things you (or I) would want to do with that feature would be to know which key on my midi controller that a certain note is without having to look back and forth at the midi editor piano key and the note while simultaneously pressing your midi controller key, which by leaving the highlighting the note row out still requires you to do. You still have to work it out by eye. A shading only requires you to press a key, look where the shading is, if it's below the note you're trying to find you go up and if it's higher you go down. When the shading hits the note you have it. You only have to look at the note while pressing a key on your midi controller. What they actually added didn't solve anything did it? I was pretty annoyed by that at the time and still am to be honest. They'll probably leave it too even though I did message them about ages ago and I'll still be waiting for it a year down the line. Sorry for the rant lol!
actually I like it this way very much as I can use it the other way I by seeing what not on they pianoroll I also know what note it is on my Guitar or Bass

• Information