ReasonStudios website : password reset not working

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dannyF

26 Jul 2021

I go through the process to reset my password. I get a plain text without a hyperlink... so I must select the link, copy and paste. :thumbs_down:

I follow the link to the password reset screen and enter a new password.

The website logs me in.

However, if I log out and attempt to log back in with the new password it fails.

Also logging into Reason itself with the new password fails.

joeyluck

26 Jul 2021

Just to be sure, after you reset it, are you entering it manually or is your browser/Reason auto-filling it (perhaps with the old password)?

If you are still having trouble and perhaps encountering a weird bug, have you tried updating your password once you are logged in? So after your third step mentioned above, when you are logged in, go to 'My Account > Settings' and update your password again there. Maybe that will help?

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2021

Contact RS, ... I vaguely recall having issues with this before, ... pretty sure they had to do something extra.

dannyF

27 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
26 Jul 2021
Just to be sure, after you reset it, are you entering it manually or is your browser/Reason auto-filling it (perhaps with the old password)?

If you are still having trouble and perhaps encountering a weird bug, have you tried updating your password once you are logged in? So after your third step mentioned above, when you are logged in, go to 'My Account > Settings' and update your password again there. Maybe that will help?
good idea for a workaround so thanks for that. Unfortunatley that didn't work either. I have contacted support.

• Information